SQ12 SIN-NRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ12 SIN-NRT

Would anyone have recent F and C menus for SQ12? The latest menu I found on the forum is a F menu for August.

Question regarding kyo-kaiseki on SQ- are there any raw dishes? Or is everything cooked? My mom is not comfortable with eating anything that's not cooked!

How many meals do I get on this flight? Just one? Am I being greedy and too much of a pig if I eat off the main menu, in addition to a bowl of Gyu-Don? It's really only just a bowl of beef and rice. I think I can finish off the slices of beef easily.

Thanks!
    Last edited by phaleesy; 30 November 2008, 09:23 AM.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Question regarding kyo-kaiseki on SQ- are there any raw dishes? Or is everything cooked? My mom is not comfortable with eating anything that's not cooked!
    AFAIK, SQ doesn't allow any raw meat or fish to be served on board. The Japanese kyo-kaiseki mostly are smoked and cooked.

Comment

phaleesy, please PM me for the address where you can FedEx my Luger's Steak.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Damn you! It took like months before my Luger craving went away and I still talk about the Luger like it was a long lost love ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah GIVE ME SOME LUGER! NOW!
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I've just posted a C menu for SIN-NRT in the menuthread, but I ate the BTC lobster and didn't get to see any of the Japanese options.

Comment

Originally posted by view View Post
            ... didn't get to see any of the Japanese options.
            Here is the picture of hanagoyomi from one of my flights last year.

Comment

Thanks for posting the menus, HUGE AL and view.

No Luger for you unless you're sharing it with us across the table!
              Luger's full the whole weekend! I had palpitations thinking that I might not get to eat it during this trip. Fortunately, we're now set for Monday lunch.

Question regarding your SQ menu, which mains did you go for?

Originally posted by view View Post
              I've just posted a C menu for SIN-NRT in the menuthread, but I ate the BTC lobster and didn't get to see any of the Japanese options.
              view, how was your BTC lobster?

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              Here is the picture of hanagoyomi from one of my flights last year.
              SQ LPP, does it taste as good as it looks?

Comment

view, how was your BTC lobster?
                I know that this question is not directed to me. But just my pennies from long time ago, I am not fond of the slipper lobster thermidor. Too creamy and tiny.

SQ LPP, does it taste as good as it looks?
                I do like hanagoyomi especially ex-NRT. Pretty looking and taste good. I just have to open the menu while having the meals to know what I eat exactly.

Comment

I know that this question is not directed to me. But just my pennies from long time ago, I am not fond of the slipper lobster thermidor. Too creamy and tiny.

I do like hanagoyomi especially ex-NRT. Pretty looking and taste good. I just have to open the menu while having the meals to know what I eat exactly.
                  I thought seabass or salmon might be a better choice for mom. But my brother seemed to think lobster would be good. Still, the F lobster would be bigger than the J offering. Anyway, I'd let her decide for herself.

I'd advise her to choose Japanese meals ex-NRT.

Comment

I'm not a lobster person so I doubt I'd be BTCing it. But I actually like creamy, cheesy and mushroomy, so might be quite a good choice for me actually.

SQLPP, what do you think of the beef? Could they do medium rare on a plane?

I think I'd go for the local dishes. But do they taste authentic at all? I did not find the nasi lemak authentic at all. MH's was a lot better.

Comment

I'm not a lobster person so I doubt I'd be BTCing it. But I actually like creamy, cheesy and mushroomy, so might be quite a good choice for me actually.

SQLPP, what do you think of the beef? Could they do medium rare on a plane?

I think I'd go for the local dishes. But do they taste authentic at all? I did not find the nasi lemak authentic at all. MH's was a lot better.
                      I know you prefer non-SQ flights in general.
                      But really, nasi lemak has many different version. Malay style would be different from Singapore style. And I know there is a similar one from Indonesia. Yes, I recalled I had one in southern part of thailand which they considered it as local dish as well.
                      What's the definition of authentic nowdays? I remember those days when I visited Amsterdam too often, there was a Thai restaurant at the red light district that serves excellent Thai food which my Thai friends agreed completely.
                      I find chicken curry peranakan is good enough being served on board the plane. And I know you may say curry from MH would be better!
                      And yes, I do remember those posts about how everyone prefers Malay or MH satays. Again, there are so many kinds, and yes, I do like Indonesian satays.

Well everything is back to what you are looking for. Definitely if you spend your time in South East Asia, I would eat the local dishes in the local restaurant to enjoy the most. And I will not be too worry about the food on board my flight. I generally pick asian dishes because I prefer that than the western food. I did venture to gnocchi, pappardelle etc, but it did not set well with me. One time I modified my own meals on board SQ. I had rack of lamb. The crew had cut chilli and I had my tiny bottle sweet soya sauce. Had mix those as well as the onions from the satay... and yes I had rack of lamb marinated with chilli sweet soya sauce like an Indonesian satay.

Comment

Question abt SQ12's SIN-NRT F menu:

Is kyo-kaiseki an option on the main menu for all flights? It is on HUGH AL's October menu but does not seem to be on the menu in August 2008.

Comment

Yes it's always in the menu for SIN-NRT or NRT-SIN as well as NRT-LAX or LAX-NRT.

Comment

Yes it's always in the menu for SIN-NRT or NRT-SIN as well as NRT-LAX or LAX-NRT.
                            Is the kyo-kaiseki on the menu ex-SIN the same as the BTC kyo-kaiseki?

These are are theoretical questions just to satisfy my curiosity.

I doubt I'd be ordering it for my mom, since you mentioned kaisekis ex-SIN are not that good.

Comment

I have not been on SQ11/12 for a long time. As I recalled, yes it is the same. So for SQ11/12 when you order BTC kyo-kaiseki, it's a redundant.
                              For SQ638 it's a bit different because BTC is for full meals, but the meals offered on board for sleeper service is less varieties.

Comment

Working...
                              X