No announcement yet.

SYD SKL : now open following refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister was in here a few days ago on her way back for Xmas. They were on TG476 which leaves at 10:00 so as SQ212 had gone and SQ232 was a few hours away they were the only ones in there. As a result she said they staff were all over them and also asking them what they thought of it. She said they seem pretty chuffed with it.

She was in TG F so has a few pictures of the F side (and amazingly they got no 'grief' from the dragon as TG pax usually get...) and it does look very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      Hmm.. why does SQ and MH maintain lounges in each other's homebases? SQ's only flights out of KUL and MH's out of SIN would only be 30 minute flights.
      What?

So, according to you, arch-nemesis SQ and MH should be sharing lounges at SIN and KUL?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        What?

So, according to you, arch-nemesis SQ and MH should be sharing lounges at SIN and KUL?
        Of course not. Perhaps the lounge of an alliance partner? e.g MH could use Skyview in SIN and perhaps SQ could use TG's lounge in KUL?

Comment

Of course not. Perhaps the lounge of an alliance partner? e.g MH could use Skyview in SIN and perhaps SQ could use TG's lounge in KUL?
          MH have been flying to Changi for decades but only joined OneWorld last year. Are you really suggesting they should have been hanging on for decades before opening a lounge, just in case they joined an alliance, the concept of which hadn't even been thought of when they started flying there ?.

Write to SQ and TG and suggest they share lounges at KUL, let us know what they say. They might be in the same alliance but they're not particularly enamoured with each other...
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 December 2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Oh, sure. Make MH passengers go all the way to T1 for the Skyview then back to T2 to board their flight?

Comment

Relax guys. I work for neither company. It was a question off the top of my head and this is an internet discussion forum. Okay poor example earlier but there are partner lounges MH can use in T2 like the SATS lounge.

I simply asked why these airlines would want to maintain lounges in each other's homebases instead of using an existing lounge.. Just a thought especially considering how SQ is so cost-conscious. When I flew SQ J from NRT I used the NH lounge since SQ doesn't have a Silverkris there. The NH lounge wasn't nice at all and barely offered any snacks beyond onigiri and a sandwitch. And that is a 6 hour flight.. plus it is an airport where SQ operates not just J but F cabins from. So with that perspective, why would they want to maintain a lounge in KLIA when they could use an existing one and not build a Silverkris in NRT (for example) to add to the earlier question.

And thanks for the interrogative tone as if this were the court of law. A quick glance and the first two pages of the main thread reveals many threads full of question and rumour threads which are met with rational perspectives. Yet when I asked a question here I get flammed. I know a post I made 5 years ago had unwittingly offended a few but nice to know the grudges have been held so strongly so long. Thanks guys

Comment

You may have a point about the harshness of some of the replies, but to be fair you didn't half post some daft ideas.

Comment

It looks really lovely. Much nicer than the one in MEL which I thought was going to debut the new look.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Happy New Year guys, auld lang syne and all that whatnot

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      where is the laksa???
                      Here you go! Taken 16 Dec, 2 weeks ago. Also flying TG F like MAN Flyer's sister on TG476, F lounge was practically deserted at 0915 when I was there

Comment

Yet when I asked a question here I get flammed.
                        I don't think you necessarily get flamed -- more like you get called on it when you post something that doesn't make logical sense. It happens to anyone (myself included) that does it.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Shame the MEL lounge is the old design

Comment

First visit to the new lounge in SYD yesterday: very impressive!

Great design in general, food selection upgraded as well, staff very friendly and attentive. TPR quality for sure!

Comment

This place is indeed very impressive. Shame there are only three tables in the window in the F side but the place as a whole is much improved on the old place.

Comment

I had a wander into the J side before heading to the gate and that is very nice as well. More window seats in the J side as well.....

Comment

Working...
                                X