This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
    Hmm...I wonder which is the next 77W to be refitted since SWW is back in service. They all seem to be quite busy trying to coping with the remaining 3 class routes.
    I hope it'll be SWG, or SWI before they take care of the last two as those are 10 years old and still fitted with the older interior. At some point or the other, they will be retrofitted. I already mentioned November 20th, both PVG (836/825, evening flight from SIN) and SYD (211/212, later morning flight from SIN) will change to a daily 77WR. We are left with HND and MEL (237/238) and I guess, NRT (during its 77W period).

The fact SWW and SWY are back in the air (and within the next 4-5 more weeks, SWV), we know 211/212 need 2 frames, because 212 obviously arrives 29 hours later. PVG just needs 1. We also have to take CDG (interim) into account after AKL goes back to the A380 at the end of this month.

When they took SNA out of service for a conversion to a 77WR, then that with no other additional 77W were taken off at that time like it is now.

SWW is next to go to AKL, and EF shows 4F, which is a 77WR config, I usually tend to know best if it does LAX or CPH routes. Can't believe less than a year has passed, my father and I had flown SQ1 on SWW back in December when it was a 77WN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      SWW is next to go to AKL, and EF shows 4F, which is a 77WR config, I usually tend to know best if it does LAX or CPH routes.
      pokfur told you he was on SWW and he knows planes well and knows what a 77WR is. We don't need to wait for it to fly to LAX. He's a regular and insightful contributor. (The 'he' is assumed though.)

Comment

If anything, I thought 77WN refits just involve taking a few rows off and adding PEY. R
        Absolutely not. Even just comparing the seat maps available on SQ's website will show you that toilet locations are different, and that galleys have been reconfigured as well. As a result, I can imagine that all seats need to be removed, toilets and galleys reconfigured, overhead panels removed/put in place, side walls replaced where windows will be blocked/unblocked due to change in cabin size. If anything, i doubt it takes any less time than an old 77W being reconfigured... For sure I know the old double J galley which cabin crew told me they like have now been reconfigured to just a single J galley.

The cabin crew who was serving me to MNL told me the seats were all brand new too, and I don't doubt her since it really did appear that way. Even if not brand new, the upholstery maybe was replaced. I didn't flip down the F seat to check, but presumably if the 'indent' in row 1 is gone, then definitely it will be a new seat since in 8F versions, row 1 have an indent in the head area while row 2 doesn't.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        pokfur told you he was on SWW and he knows planes well and knows what a 77WR is. We don't need to wait for it to fly to LAX. He's a regular and insightful contributor. (The 'he' is assumed though.)
        I am very much a 'he' And thanks for the compliment SQ228. I can say the same about you too!

Comment

I hope it'll be SWG, or SWI before they take care of the last two as those are 10 years old and still fitted with the older interior. At some point or the other, they will be retrofitted. I already mentioned November 20th, both PVG (836/825, evening flight from SIN) and SYD (211/212, later morning flight from SIN) will change to a daily 77WR. We are left with HND and MEL (237/238) and I guess, NRT (during its 77W period).

The fact SWW and SWY are back in the air (and within the next 4-5 more weeks, SWV), we know 211/212 need 2 frames, because 212 obviously arrives 29 hours later. PVG just needs 1. We also have to take CDG (interim) into account after AKL goes back to the A380 at the end of this month.

When they took SNA out of service for a conversion to a 77WR, then that with no other additional 77W were taken off at that time like it is now.

SWW is next to go to AKL, and EF shows 4F, which is a 77WR config, I usually tend to know best if it does LAX or CPH routes. Can't believe less than a year has passed, my father and I had flown SQ1 on SWW back in December when it was a 77WN.
          You’re clearly very au fait with SQ’s fleet - wondering if you work for them? If not you must be a very regular traveller. I’m only TPPS in my 16th consecutive year - assume you are way ahead of me. Could you provide trip reports comparing your personal experiences on the various versions of 77W?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
            You’re clearly very au fait with SQ’s fleet - wondering if you work for them? If not you must be a very regular traveller. I’m only TPPS in my 16th consecutive year - assume you are way ahead of me. Could you provide trip reports comparing your personal experiences on the various versions of 77W?
            Weeks of reading this forum before joining as a member taught me to reach for the salt whenever SQfanatic's post appear in any of the threads

Comment

• SVB is still out of service, any idea why?
              Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Anyone has any idea with regards to the 772 flying as SQ8871 to Johor and back? Is it some sort of test flight or something else? I am quite new here so if it is something that is known already , please kindly give me an idea or a link to the page. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                  Anyone has any idea with regards to the 772 flying as SQ8871 to Johor and back? Is it some sort of test flight or something else? I am quite new here so if it is something that is known already , please kindly give me an idea or a link to the page. Thanks.
                  I saw a few other 772's that had done strange flights with 4-digit flight numbers.

9V-SQK (15th October) - SQ8871 (SIN-JHB and back)
                  9V-SRL (18th - 19th October) - SQ8891/SQ8892 (SIN-BWN and back)
                  9V-SRO (13th - 14th October) - SQ8935/SQ8936 (SIN-ROK and back)

Also 9V-SVF has done several flights to Johor Bahru and Rockhampton.

They do seem like some kind of test flights? All of these aircrafts have gone back to normal service though.
                  Last edited by SQavgeek; 19 October 2017, 02:45 PM.
                  Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                    I saw a few other 772's that had done strange flights with 4-digit flight numbers.

9V-SQK (15th October) - SQ8871 (SIN-JHB and back)
                    9V-SRL (18th - 19th October) - SQ8891/SQ8892 (SIN-BWN and back)
                    9V-SRO (13th - 14th October) - SQ8935/SQ8936 (SIN-ROK and back)

Also 9V-SVF has done several flights to Johor Bahru and Rockhampton.

They do seem like some kind of test flights? All of these aircrafts have gone back to normal service though.
                    BWN n ROK should be chartered flight for SAF troops going for training at Brunei n Rockhampton. Not so sure about the flight to JHB though

Comment

• The flights to JHB based on FR24 shows that they circle the airport for quite a while at a low altitude as well.

Comment

• Deleted
                        Last edited by PEK A380; 19 October 2017, 11:51 PM. Reason: Deleting Duplicate Post

Comment

• Perhaps this is a new training flight that they have to conduct away from SIN due to congestion (involving flying patterns and etc? Or even outsourcing of maintainence (as rediculous as that sounds)? Just a wild guess but if anyone has any other theories I’d love to know.

Comment

• New Boeing purchases to be announced next week.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...anes-next-week

Comment

• I wonder are the performance figures for the 787-10 that impressive for SQ to buy more?

Comment

• Singapore Airlines spokesman Nicholas Ionides confirmed that the aircraft order announced as a letter of intent earlier this year is expected to be formally signed during PM Lee's visit to Washington.
                                Sounds like that they just firming up the earlier announced order. Maybe they transfer some options into firm orders.

Comment

Working...
                                X