A Humble Request For Increased PM Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Is that practical for multi-page/multi-quote PMs? Or how about times when one is without Excel access?
    Having had a search, I'm surprised to see that there seems to be no easy way to display the PMs again after they've been exported as an XML file.

I found:

http://homepage.mac.com/lpetrich/PMViewer/PMViewer.html

for Mac and an equivalent (referred to in the above) for Windows but it's not simple at all.

As SuperJonJon says, you can import a CSV file into Excel - I think that will work for multi-page PMs but you lost the formatting (e.g. quotes, bold, italics etc) which will just show the BBcode. If that's not a problem, then you can import into Excel or (if you want to access it without Excel) then I think importing into Google Docs will also work.

(For me but for others YMMV, I'm happy with the PM storage which I have on SQT, FT etc and archive by exporting to TXT, CSV and XML and saving all the files on my laptop. One day there may be a program which will break down the PMs again but in the meantime, my search tools are grep, vi etc. I don't mind not having online access to archived PMs.)

Comment

Just took a quick look, thanks (it looks painful to be honest)...

Will delve into it more later, but the VB PM reader (last updated 2008!) seems the most promising. Hope we can hear back about the 500 PMs upgrade soon

Comment

The SQT admin team are pleased to announce an enhancement in the service offered to all members of SQT who have made more than 20 posts. With immediate effect you can now store 500 PMs.

In our aim to keep costs down so as to keep SQT free and advert free this is the maximum amount that we can offer users. So if you are approaching this new limit please, either delete your messages, download your messages or think of ways to become less popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          think of ways to become less popular.

Comment

or think of ways to become less popular.

It comes naturally to some

Comment

The SQT admin team are pleased to announce an enhancement in the service offered to all members of SQT who have made more than 20 posts. With immediate effect you can now store 500 PMs

That's great news!
              ...or think of ways to become less popular.
              I was afraid it'd come to this and will be sure to hold the next LDs in The Green Market so as to discourage future attendance.

Comment

The SQT admin team are pleased to announce an enhancement in the service offered to all members of SQT who have made more than 20 posts. With immediate effect you can now store 500 PMs.

...or think of ways to become less popular.
                Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                It comes naturally to some
                HUGE AL

Comment

Now i wont have to learn how to use the delete button! Thanks guys

Comment

Dear Lobster, you forgot to mention the fact Mr. MANFlyer has to stop occupying 5% of Kyo's PM box
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I don't think I am so popular that I need 500 PMs allotment... can I nominate my excess to others?

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Kaptian, I think it's like SQ Elite miles, you can't pass them on!
                        blog

Comment

Working...
                        X