Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQB is still sitting there.... on Friday 24th

Comment

It was still there yesterday with both engines open.

I do know why they blank the name out and stuff but as the colour scheme is still there everyone knows it's an SQ bird.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I do know why they blank the name out and stuff but as the colour scheme is still there everyone knows it's an SQ bird.
        Do you mean "I don't know ...." rather than "I do know"

Well, everybody can tell it is an SQ bird - nobody would have noticed anything different if it was left with the full SQ livery. Aircraft often park there anyway

Comment

Maybe we should start a "777 withdrawal thread".

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
            Maybe we should start a "777 withdrawal thread".
            Perhaps the moderators would be good enough to re-title this thread. It really is the 777 Withdrawal Thread.

Comment

Looks like 2 772s are going to Biman to replace the DC-10s. Hope they get a new livery too. The Biman livery is hideous.

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.co.../27/64993.html

(Courtesy of Singapore_Air!)

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                Perhaps the moderators would be good enough to re-title this thread. It really is the 777 Withdrawal Thread.
                Done.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Done.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Biman Bangladesh to Take a Couple of SQ 777s

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.co.../27/64993.html

Comment

why they blank the name out and stuff but as the colour scheme is still there everyone knows it's an SQ bird
                      If it's meant to be sent to desert and expected back for pax service some time later, they will just blank out the names with decals as it's much more cost effective that way.
                      For SQ nuts ppl, they will recognise the a/c even if it's painted in another livery just by the legally binding regs alone. But for the layman who has never taken SQ or only flew it occasionally, they will be clueless as to what airline that a/c belongs to. Kinda of a compromise between the Finance and Legal/PR depts.

Comment

I've been through Changi twice in the last week and the 777 had gone from it's spot next to the 744 with no titles. Has it left or is it in a hangar ?.

Comment

I remember a few months ago, SQ had options for about 10 777s (unsure if is was 77Ws or 772s). I wonder if they will still have that option when business picks up further.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                            I remember a few months ago, SQ had options for about 10 777s (unsure if is was 77Ws or 772s). I wonder if they will still have that option when business picks up further.
                            SQ have 13 options for 777-300ERs.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I've been through Changi twice in the last week and the 777 had gone from it's spot next to the 744 with no titles. Has it left or is it in a hangar ?.
                              Passed through today - and the 777 SQB isn't where it was a 2 weeks ago.

SPE is still at the same place though - although, i don't seem to recall them ever being parked side by side...

Comment

The 777s for which there have been no ACARS reports in the last 30 days are: 9V-SYA, 9V-SYD, 9V-SQB, and 9V-SVC.

Does anyone have any definitive information on the status of any of these?

Comment

Working...
                                X