No announcement yet.

Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to meet any of the SQtalkers at lounge or gate this evening, I'm on WhatsApp as +61418110080, just please be mindful that I will be working so might not be very relaxed and able to shoot the breeze, but hope at some stage we can at least say g'day!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Unsurprisingly, gate is B8.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoxuKHDA...sqtalkofficial

They do like that one when they have an 'event'.
      Presumably, someone is superstitous.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
        Happy to meet any of the SQtalkers at lounge or gate this evening, I'm on WhatsApp as +61418110080, just please be mindful that I will be working so might not be very relaxed and able to shoot the breeze, but hope at some stage we can at least say g'day!
        Enjoy the flight. Your arse might not, but that's another story

Comment

• Leave my arse alone, SQflyergirl

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
            Leave my arse alone, SQflyergirl
            I won't do anything. It's the bedbugs

Comment

• Hot off the press! Here are some pictures from the inaugural festivities at Gate B8, courtesy of StarG, who is on the flight...

Some of the evening's catering...

SQ fans...anyone know who they are?...

Some songs and performances as well...

https://youtu.be/bQl_51TzRck

https://youtu.be/tyFm1OzTfgo

The holding room...

A350-900ULR rego 9V-SGB at the gate...

[All pics and videos are Copyright StarG]
              Last edited by yflyer; 11 October 2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• More pictures from StarG...

SQ22 now boarding...

[Pictures Copyright StarG]

Comment

• Onboard (Pictures from StarG)...

The familiar 2013 J seat, looking similar to the Business Class seats on other SQ A350s, and laid out 1-2-1.

The bulkhead seat...

More views of the window-side bulkhead seat...

The middle bulkhead seats...

Most J pax look like they are settling down in their seats...

Not a bad way to spend 18 hours, I think, but I will leave it to StarG, djsflynn and everyone else onboard to comment on their experiences!

Last edited by yflyer; 12 October 2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

The preparation process for the plane looked a little plain, then I realised it was because the front hold for the ULR is deactivated.

Also, rather great attention to detail that SQ bothered to update the signage at Door B to J and PEY instead of the usual Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      More pictures from StarG...

SQ22 now boarding...

Is that Richard Quest from CNN ?. I thought he'd be on it.

And that looks like Nicholas Ionides behind him, who according to SQtalkers he was talking to in the lounge is doing a turnaround.

Rather you than me mate.
                      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 12 October 2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
                        Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

The preparation process for the plane looked a little plain, then I realised it was because the front hold for the ULR is deactivated.

Also, rather great attention to detail that SQ bothered to update the signage at Door B to J and PEY instead of the usual Y.
                        StarG's pics have been great! And wifi on this flight seems to be working well, so more pictures are on the way...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Is that Richard Quest from CNN ?. I thought he'd be on it.

And that looks like Nicholas Ionides behind him, who according do SQtalkers he was talking to in the lounge is doing a turnaround.

Rather you than me mate.
                        Yes, Richard Quest is onboard and reporting on the trip live...and good catch spotting Mr Ionides too!
                        Last edited by yflyer; 12 October 2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• StarG's pictures have continued to come in overnight...

Onboard amenities...it looks like rather than offering a pre-packaged amenity kit, SQ cabin crew are going around the cabin offering pouches, and this tray of available amenities for pax choose their own, to create, in StarG's words, a "DIY amenity kit"...

An extra pillow for ultra long haul...

Fully flat bed mode...

There is a mattress topper that goes on top of the seat for added comfort...

The seat below is 10A, a solo J seat, located next to the forward galley, just behind the cockpit. This seat is apparently usually reserved for tech crew.

Last edited by yflyer; 12 October 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• The legend is back!

Comment

• Pictures from StarG's stroll into the A350 ULR Premium Economy cabin...

A first look at PEY...

One of the much-anticipated single seater PEY seats in the rear of the cabin, which has a side table...

For single travellers in PEY, these look to be the most sought after seats...

Last edited by yflyer; 12 October 2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Pictures of the onboard menu...

The meal service format: two meal services, plus anytime refreshments/snacks...

After take-off...

Midnight onwards...

Matt Moran's selection...

Canyon Ranch selection...

Very amused to see the detailed nutritional content listed for each of the Canyon Ranch selections...at first I was wondering what that string of numbers following each menu item was, looking like internet IP addresses with an extra number, until I noticed the nutritional category key at the bottom of the page...

Other meal selections available for 2nd meal service...

Desserts...

Refreshments...

Last edited by yflyer; 12 October 2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X