SQ Y & SQ C Amenity Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Y & SQ C Amenity Kits

Don't know if I like the colour or not????
    Got it from flight LHR -> SIN
    if you compare the packet between SQ and CX I would rather choose CX because SQ give you the plastic one and probably can't re-used it.

this on from the flight SIN -> LHR
    Nothing special for the Business class really.Don't you thing?
    Cut cost????may be??? Should have done it better than this pretty
    much the same as Y Class apart from the name and the colour.

I tried shaving with one of those razors a few weeks ago flying to FRA and it is truly awful - like shaving with a blunt penknife. It strangely managed to leave the stubble, but take the skin off.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
      It strangely managed to leave the stubble, but take the skin off.

Anyhow, I read from Flyertalk that SIA has recalled the toothbrush/toothpaste combo, due to safety concerns arising from the China-made toothpaste. So, travellers might want to bring our own kit on board.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
        I tried shaving with one of those razors a few weeks ago flying to FRA and it is truly awful - like shaving with a blunt penknife. It strangely managed to leave the stubble, but take the skin off.
        Have tried it a few times and came out bloodied.
        Best to use your trusty 'ol Gillette razor any day.

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post

... due to safety concerns arising from the China-made toothpaste. .
        Thanks for the info. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          Have tried it a few times and came out bloodied.
          Best to use your trusty 'ol Gillette razor any day.
          Indeed. But if your shaving kit is in the cargo hold and you didn't pack a little one for on-board use, you might not have much choice if you want a clean-up before touch-down.

The method I've found helps reduce--though not eliminate--the bloody mess is to use tons of shaving cream (from two or three or four little packets), shave in very short strokes, rinse the blades often, and throw away one razor in favor of another about halfway through. If you try to shave a full face with just one of those things, but the end the blade with be so nicked that it's sure to tear your face apart.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
            Indeed. But if your shaving kit is in the cargo hold and you didn't pack a little one for on-board use, you might not have much choice if you want a clean-up before touch-down.

The method I've found helps reduce--though not eliminate--the bloody mess is to use tons of shaving cream (from two or three or four little packets), shave in very short strokes, rinse the blades often, and throw away one razor in favor of another about halfway through. If you try to shave a full face with just one of those things, but the end the blade with be so nicked that it's sure to tear your face apart.
            Point taken. Thanks for the tip.

Nowadays, I tend to keep my razor in my cabin bag. SQ's Y shaving foam does it job far too well (far too viscous) as it takes all the shaved bits but try rinsing the foam off your razor. It'll never seem to rinse unless you use lots of hot water.

In the end, I just use my Gillette and wet it with a bit of water since it has its own lubricating strips.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              Point taken. Thanks for the tip.

Nowadays, I tend to keep my razor in my cabin bag. SQ's Y shaving foam does it job far too well (far too viscous) as it takes all the shaved bits but try rinsing the foam off your razor. It'll never seem to rinse unless you use lots of hot water.

In the end, I just use my Gillette and wet it with a bit of water since it has its own lubricating strips.
              You don't keep a spare can of the shaving cream from your F flights (or from the SKL F)? The foam is of reasonable quality and the container is the right size for the LAG restrictions. (If you don't need the feel of a foam, use Somerset shaving oil instead. Thumb-sized container, and you get a menthol cool feeling on your skin after shaving.)
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Actually, I have been doing that of late. The quality of SQ F shaving foam 'seemed' better....I have been hoarding but recently, decided to use it. The small canister actually hold quite a lot of foam, maybe 6-8 shave sessions for me.

I shall investigate the Somerset Shaving oil. Thanks, jjpb3.

Comment

The Somerset Oil (and alternative shaving oils from other companies) is a great solution - one word of warning, if by any chance you're short sighted like me, and shave in the shower, please don't accidentally get it in your eyes,...it's most unpleasant!!! Imagine me (half blind at the best of times) with an eyeful of menthol oil, stumbling around the shower - not amusing!

Comment

Sounds veeery painful...
                    A method to create a hulk "in-air"
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Yes - it's very painful to use those Y razors...they should NOT give them out as I think it's very dangerous to even use it!!

The ones in J is acceptable.

For my previous SIN-LHR, we were given Givency socks placed in nice pouch that has Givency on it.

Comment

I find the Givency socks rather odd - I mean they're not really Givency - do they really need a fancy zip bag? I really don't understand the point of SQ in-flight socks. I've long given up wearing them because they don't let my feet breathe. I much prefer cotton socks.

As for the essentials - toothbrush, toothpaste, eyeshades, lip balm, razor, cream - I always carry my own for each flight in my small toiletry bag (separate from my main one) so I don't have to rely on what's onboard. And mine are QUALITY!
                        My SQ A380 photos

Comment

Originally posted by UK flyer View Post
                          I find the Givency socks rather odd - I mean they're not really Givency - do they really need a fancy zip bag? I really don't understand the point of SQ in-flight socks. I've long given up wearing them because they don't let my feet breathe. I much prefer cotton socks.

As for the essentials - toothbrush, toothpaste, eyeshades, lip balm, razor, cream - I always carry my own for each flight in my small toiletry bag (separate from my main one) so I don't have to rely on what's onboard. And mine are QUALITY!
                          RE the essentials, it does get a bit hard when they have restricted liquid that you can bring onboard, so usually I'll have to just not bringing any liquid to rid the hassle.

As for the socks, well they are good for people in Economy, beggars can't be choosers! it's the same with the razors, i felt like there is no point giving it out.

Comment

To get a safer shave..... wash your stubble first to remove grime and oils, and then pat down with hot water (use the small towels if in C) to soften the stubble. Cover with as much shaving foam or soap as you need, and use steady strokes to shave off. Long or short strokes is your preference.

Comment

We should rename this thread to something like Inflight Shaving Techniques.
                              My Cafe Adventures
                              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X