A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SKE is now back in service since 02MAR18.
    And so far has done SQ285/ 286, SQ322 and coming back as SQ305 with all on time performance.

Comment

• Wonder if SQ will ever upgrade the sq26

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
        And so far has done SQ285/ 286, SQ322 and coming back as SQ305 with all on time performance.
        9V-SKE has not been flying since arriving from PVG as SQ833 on 11MAR18.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

9V-SKE is now back in service since 02MAR18.
          Yes, the break was not very long, only about 5 days. It's stopped flying again, however, and this time it's been for longer. Since returning from PVG on 11MAR, it's been on the ground 10 days so far this time.

Comment

Snap! I should have hit a refresh before posting that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
              Wonder if SQ will ever upgrade the sq26
              Yes, I’m wondering about the same even though it’s not so much about if but rather when. Unless they decide to pull the A380 from the route all together. I’m back on SQ26/25 in April and we already know it’s still the old configuration.

Comment

• I hope they do at least retrofit. Flying on it in may and oct

Comment

• In terms of whether the A380 remains on SQ26/5:
                  We can't expect any information regarding this until the announcement about ULH flights. Just as the announcement regarding SQ32/1 was made simultaneously with the changes to LAX, I would expect the same to occur with the return of non-stops to the US. When this announcement will be made is not known at this stage. Do not assume that making a future dummy booking, e.g. in November, will reveal anything, as SQ leave the existing aircraft in the booking system until the announcement is made. Of course, behind the scenes they may have programmed in the number of seats of a 77W, but we won't ever know that. The only times we have been able to do forward predictions is when announcements have been made about suspending F bookings on a route, but that doesn't apply in this scenario.

On the potential A380 variant in coming months:
                  We do not expect the A380 refit to commence until much later this year and when it does, it will take some time. SQ have 8 A380s of the all upper-J variant and now only 6 of the upper-Y cabin variant. The all upper-J seems to have less versatility across routes due to its J/Y mix, so given SQ26/5 consumes about 3 of these craft in its rotation, I'd expect them to remain on the route until they have less than 3 of them left post-refitting (should the A380 even actually remain on this route). Why? The Y load between FRA and JFK is weak and in no need of a capacity increase. The Y load between SIN and FRA was always quite strong, but now they are flying daily to MUC without the MAN tag and 4x weekly to DUS, as well as increasing the Y capacity to ZRH by deploying the new A380 from the middle of this year. This means they can shift regional European codeshares away from FRA across to these other three airports, still utilising the LH/LX network. They also have plenty of codeshare agreements out of CDG, LHR, AMS, CPH, ARN and IST that they can redirect Y traffic on to. Also, I'm sure LH would be more than happy to sell seats on their own A380 as SQ codeshares between SIN and FRA as part of the LH joint venture. LH are also just days away from recommencing direct MUC-SIN flights. In terms of J traffic, the current A380 on SQ26/5 route offers the highest J capacity of any aircraft in the fleet.

Considering all of the above, I see no chance that SQ26/5 will see the new A380 this year, if ever. The current A380 variant will remain in place for now and the first news we will know of any change will be when SQ announce the recommencement of non-stops to New York, be it EWR or JFK.

Comment

• Excellent post SQ228!

Like you, I don't think we'll see a new A380 on SQ26/25 at all.

Interesting days ahead when the ULH flights resume. I'm sure there'll be some surprises.

Comment

• Dam oh well. Still a great flight. I am doing sq 51 in Oct so looking forward bto that

Comment

9V-SKE is back and is operating the SQ346/345 rotation to Zurich today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                          9V-SKE is back and is operating the SQ346/345 rotation to Zurich today!
                          True, it seems that is has returned yet again, flying twice to DEL, then to PEK and now to ZRH.

Comment

• Isn't ZRH flown with all J upper deck birds? Or has that changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Isn't ZRH flown with all J upper deck birds? Or has that changed?
                              Correct, it has normally been the SKL-T series for the last couple of years, but it occasionally gets a random upper-J plane. In the past it has been both variants for various periods at a time and even phases with mixed allocations with no fixed pattern. I've enjoyed a couple of ZRH upper-deck Y flights, but the majority have been on the lower deck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Correct, it has normally been the SKL-T series for the last couple of years, but it occasionally gets a random upper-J plane. In the past it has been both variants for various periods at a time and even phases with mixed allocations with no fixed pattern. I've enjoyed a couple of ZRH upper-deck Y flights, but the majority have been on the lower deck.
                                hahah so when is SKE going to leave the fleet. thought it's due to depart this FY.

Comment

Working...
                                X