X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex JFK F Lobster Thermidor SQ25

F Lobster Thermidor

Comment

Flight: SQ228, MEL-SIN, 23 Dec 2008, Business class.

Meal: Pan-fried barramundi in native pepper sauce with sautéed vegetables and fettuccine.

Verdict: Fish is average, sauce tasty but too heavy. Pasta overcooked. Not recommended.

Two pictures of the same dish under different lighting conditions:

Comment

I don't think many of us here disagree. We have been in agreement that baramundi BTC from down under is not recommended.

Comment

I'm heading home for CNY, flying out of AMS, anyone tried the following asian BTC meals? I've been slumming it asian food-wise here in Belgium, so plan to start stuffing my face with my first meal on the plane! I'm leaning towards the fish or opor chicken as I haven't had the spicy stuff in ages. Promise to take photos to add to the collection here.

Fish assam manis with spiced vegetables and steamed jasmine rice

Opor chicken with spicy vegetables and jasmine rice

Oriental sliced beef and vegetables with braised rice noodles

Roast duck with plum sauce, seasonal vegetables and fried noodles

Singapore Chicken Rice

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
            anyone tried the following asian BTC meals?
            Tried the rest but not the opor chicken. I find the fish quite nice - a good combination of flavours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
              F Nasi Lemak

Dunno why, compare to C Nasi Lemak, I like the C one more. Maybe because of lack of Omelette on F Nasi Lemak.
              Sorry for bringing the old post back up. But certain pita wants to clear up the comment above.
              Look at carefully. We start from the bottom and follow the clock.

• Peanuts and tiny fish (ikan bilis)
              • Cucumber
              • Chicken (in this matter I prefer the dark, not the white meat! )
              • Two squares of the eggs omelette
              • A triangle piece of otak-otak
              • Prawns

Hope this would assure Mr. Dent@SUB that he did not loose his eggs!

Note: The otak in the picture looks like a triangle to me. But according to the chef for BTC, the otak comes in square. Perhaps part covered by the rice, thus I only see a triangle.
              Last edited by SQ LPP; 2 January 2009, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

Oh dear...What did he think he was eating when he was biting into those yellow thingies?

Comment

Again, sorry for the quality of the pics

F Nasi Lemak

Dunno why, compare to C Nasi Lemak, I like the C one more. Maybe because of lack of Omelette on F Nasi Lemak.
                  Sorry for bringing the old post back up. But certain pita wants to clear up the comment above.
                  Look at carefully. We start from the bottom and follow the clock.

• Peanuts and tiny fish (ikan bilis)
                  • Cucumber
                  • Chicken (in this matter I prefer the dark, not the white meat! )
                  • Two squares of the eggs omelette
                  • A triangle piece of otak-otak
                  • Prawns

Note: The otak in the picture looks like a triangle to me. But according to the chef for BTC, the otak comes in square. Perhaps part covered by the rice, thus I only see a triangle.
                  Thanks for remind me....
                  but as long as I can recalled, I don't remember having any omelette at that time, it's more like yellowish cooked pickles for me, just like on C nasi lemak (look at the right bottom corner of the C Nasi Lemak Picture) ...
                  may be it also because of my lowly lowly perception of omelette on Nasi Lemak is always flat....
                  CMIIW....

Comment

Look at your picture for F again. From 3 o'clock, prawns, and then otak. Leaning against or above part of otak is the omelette with pickles next to the dark meat.
                    Yes, in your C one, the omelette was clearly on top of otak.

Comment

Look at your picture for F again. From 3 o'clock, prawns, and then otak. Leaning against or above part of otak is the omelette with pickles next to the dark meat.
                      Yes, in your C one, the omelette was clearly on top of otak.
                      hmmm.... you may be right....
                      but how come I didn't recall anything about having any omelette on that dish?? must be my old grey cells getting decayed rapidly ....
                      Salute for your eagle eyes...

Comment

hmmm.... you may be right....
                        but how come I didn't recall anything about having any omelette on that dish?? must be my old grey cells getting decayed rapidly ....
                        Salute for your eagle eyes...
                        Old grey cells? Nope... that's only for this old man here, i.e. SQ LPP.
                        Possibilities that might have happened:
                        • you enjoyed the drinks more than the meals
                        • you were exhausted from your activities
                        • since the omelette was underneath the pickles and near the spicy sauces of the chicken, the taste of the eggs had been mixed with other spices/flavors, thus indistinguishable

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          Tried the rest but not the opor chicken. I find the fish quite nice - a good combination of flavours.
                          Thanks... still undecided, will see what I crave 2 days before i leave!

Comment

SIN C : Pan-seared Chilean bass with bouillabaisse sauce, capsicum confit, and kalamata olive potato

Comment

SIN C Slipper Lobster Thermidor

Slipper Lobster Thermidor ex-SIN

Comment

Thanks for all the pics! Greatly appreciated

I accidentally put this post in the wrong albeit similar thread earlier lol. That's the problem with having too many windows open haha

I'm counting down to my trip from Sin to HKG on F and HKG to SIN on J.

Fish is usually the only meat I take so I'm thinking of the Seared salmon escalope on a warm potato and snake bean salad for my trip up on F and and the Pan-fried sea bass with sun-dried tomato pesto, mixed vegetables, and potatoes for my return trip on J. I got these options from SQ's website.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X