No announcement yet.

BTC - Pictures collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobster Thermidor in J, SIN-SGN on SQ172.

My Dad (seated beside me) flies this route frequently in J and had never heard of BTC, so he was pretty shocked to see this on a short hop to SGN.

Comment

• New BTC ex-SIN: Grilled Angus Beef Burger

Grilled Angus beef burger with portobello mushroom, sauteed onions and cherry tomatoes

Juicy, ooomph ... the best BTC out there at the moment,
      now together with my list of favourites: nut-crusted veal, laksa, and cod

Beef was tender, flavourful, as was the fat whole portobello mushroom.
      And the onions were really sweet and yummy.
      And there was some hot chili somewhere although not visible. The dish was rather spicy, beware for those who don't like spicy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
        Grilled Angus beef burger with portobello mushroom, sauteed onions and cherry tomatoes

Juicy, ooomph ... the best BTC out there at the moment,
        now together with my list of favourites: nut-crusted veal, laksa, and cod

Beef was tender, flavourful, as was the fat whole portobello mushroom.
        And the onions were really sweet and yummy.
        And there was some hot chili somewhere although not visible. The dish was rather spicy, beware for those who don't like spicy.
        After seeing this picture and your comments, I could not resist and booked it... as my breakfast

Comment

• I ordered the Angus Burger on one of my last flights and I think the dish is not worthy of Business Class: the bun was dry and too thick, the meat was dry and the mushroom didn't any flavor. It's basically a brown-greyish something and doesn't look very good in the air.

Little bit of salad on the side: not a filling dish either. I was very underwhelmed to say the least...

Comment

• BTC ex-SIN has been very unpredictable and inconsistent for me and I have dropped it completely for the last two years.

The pic SQueeze posted made my mouth water and I thought I'd put that in for my next flight but then SMK77's comments once again reminded me of BTC's inconsistency. Sigh... I think I'll still stay away.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
              BTC ex-SIN has been very unpredictable and inconsistent for me and I have dropped it completely for the last two years.

The pic SQueeze posted made my mouth water and I thought I'd put that in for my next flight but then SMK77's comments once again reminded me of BTC's inconsistency. Sigh... I think I'll still stay away.
              I don't think there is consistency even for meals from the menu.

My juicy burger was on a short sector served 45 minutes into the flight. And it was an empty flight.

The quality of the meal may be dependent on the sector and if the FAs closely monitor the heating / procedure.

Comment

• I had the Roast beef and mustard baguettes with seasonal salad from Haneda in First on Monday and that was the worst BTC on record so far:

A huge dry brick-like baguette cut in half, next to it three slices of roast beef and three salad leaves. A do-it-yourself dish that I did not like at all...

Comment

• While I can see the appeal of working your way down the BTC menu, I usually choose something soupy or saucy.

Definitely no bread based BTC for me

If you don't gulp it down in one mouthful, bread dries up pretty quickly in the dry cabin air

I don't know whether any airlines bake their bread onboard nowadays but an Austrian Airline flight I took once was memorable for their freshly baked onboard bread

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    ...the best BTC out there at the moment...
                    I still say that Indian Lamb Shank Curry ex-Australia is the BEST.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      I still say that Indian Lamb Shank Curry ex-Australia is the BEST.
                      I had a very good Indian Lamb Shank Curry ex SIN as well and was pleasantly surprised by the Curry Patta Lobster as well.

Kyo-Kaiseki has seen better days but is still nice.

The variety of steaks one can order in First now gets a bit confusing :-)

Comment

• Sauteed Monkey-Head Mushroom with Dried Chilli
                        Sauteed monkey-head mushroom with dried chilli served with broccoli and braised ee fu noodle

Not impressive. Won't order again.

Comment

• As far as the different fish options go are there any front-runners based on popular opinion? I heard cod a few times and think I had the sea bass too many times already. My luck with the red meat dishes has been less than stellar and I claim eating a healthier option too.

Comment

• Grouper with Congee is quite nice, actually

Comment

• Steamed Chinese Herbal Chicken
                              Chicken steamed with Chinese herbs, served in a lightly thickened sauce, fine beans with hon shimeji in XO sauce, and mushroom rice.

Nice soul food but not impressed.

Comment

• Kyo Kaiseki

I saved this for my breakfast on SQ221. Wasn't a fan (some of the flavours and textures were just weird, and yes, I do like traditional Japanese cuisine) but it was definitely better than the standard continental breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                                X