BTC ex-NRT in C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC ex-NRT in C

For the first time in a long time I shall be flying SQ in C! (thank you bmi!)

Been salivating at the BTC pictures and the options ex-NRT, and pretty much narrowed it down to:

- Grilled tuna with vinegared white miso and mixed seaweed sauce served with udon

or

- Unagi Kabayaki

Thoughts?

I'd have gone for the Hanagoyomi but recall that it has prawns in it so that's out. It's nice to check out something new anyway.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Unagi.........totemo oishii desu! It is a delicacy and averages about 2000 yen per bowl at a proper unagi restaurant!

Comment

I vote for the unagi...
      Was having unagi donburi in F on HKG-SIN sector last month...
      It was so delicious....
      I think unagi in C will have the same ingridient like in F....

Comment

Keith, I've never tried those selection ec NRT but if given the choice, I would vote for Unagi.

Comment

Sounds like Unagi it is. I've never had eel before so it should be fun! Thanks folks.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Sounds like Unagi it is. I've never had eel before so it should be fun! Thanks folks.
            You haven't? It's just like fish with lots of tiny tiny bones.

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
              Unagi.........totemo oishii desu! It is a delicacy and averages about 2000 yen per bowl at a proper unagi restaurant!
              Reminds me of Nagoya. Man, I miss that stuff!
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Reminds me of Nagoya. Man, I miss that stuff!
                Do you know Nagoya well? (Am considering NGO as part of my RTW). Care to recommend me a place for some delicious Unagi?

Perhaps an Unagi Do one day. Heh ehe

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  Do you know Nagoya well? (Am considering NGO as part of my RTW). Care to recommend me a place for some delicious Unagi?

Perhaps an Unagi Do one day. Heh ehe
                  Absolutely! Try Hourai-ken Matsuzakaya-ken. 3-16-1 Sakae. In the south building of Matsuzakaya department store, in the back on the 10th floor (look for the sign that says UNAGI HORAIKEN). Yabacho Station is your subway stop. This eel restaurant is a branch of two famous restaurants near Atsuta Shrine. There is an English-language menu that maps out how to eat the Hitsumabushi that’s rather funny. However, you can't go wrong ordering one of the various unagi donburi (rice casserole with eel on top). Most famous is the Hitsumabushi, a set meal for ¥2,300 that includes unagi donburi, various condiments, miso soup, and Japanese pickles. Eating it is a ritual (as described in the English menu): First, dish out some of the eel casserole into the smaller wooden bowl and eat it plain. For the next course, try it with some of the seaweed and green onions that come with it. Finally, add some of the soup and wasabi to the last mixture you tried.

But be sure to not miss out on the chicken wings at any of the Yama-chan locations. Get off the plane and head to one. Get an order (or four or five) and a beer. You'll be all good!

Also, be sure to arrive at NGO early as it is probably one of my favorite airports. Beautiful design with tons of shops and restaurants in the middle (I never even make it to the lounges). Look for shops with JL FAs and you're sure to be picking up some really nice gifts.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

I've just looked at the long list of BTC ex-NRT.

Just wondering what else anyone here has tried. I'm guessing that braised seafood in hot bean sauce with mixed vegetables and fried noodles is a Chinese dish?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      I've just looked at the long list of BTC ex-NRT.

Just wondering what else anyone here has tried. I'm guessing that braised seafood in hot bean sauce with mixed vegetables and fried noodles is a Chinese dish?
                      No, I have not tried that before. From my personal point of view, that doesn't sounds appealing to my brain. Ex-Japan food are pretty costly. So, I would rather have something Japanese.

Looking at the list below:

Menu
                      • Chicken stuffed with prosciutto and mushrooms in creamy sauce with braised turnip, spinach, and potatoes
                      • Grilled fillet of beef with pesto and tomato couscous
                      • Seafood bouillabaisse with spaghetti
                      • Braised seafood in hot bean sauce with mixed vegetables and fried noodles
                      • Chicken and eggplant Shigi-yaki and steamed rice with green peas
                      • Chirashi Sushi
                      • Fried sea bass with hot garlic sauce and mixed vegetables and bee hoon
                      • Grilled tuna with vinegared white miso and mixed seaweed sauce served with udon
                      • Japanese beef curry with rice
                      • Shouyu Ramen (Soya flavoured noodle soup with char siew and vegetables)
                      • Stir-fried beef with black bean sauce with assorted Chinese vegetables and fried rice
                      • Unagi Kabayaki

I would rather pick beef curry. And I would compare to what's available on the menu especially the Hanagoyomi set (similar idea like kyo-kaiseki). I remembered I was in the same flight as Kiwi, and we both enjoyed hangoyomi. Also last year, I sent my hanagoyomi to KeithMel and his parents who happened to be in the same flight but they were in Y. I recalled they said it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        Ex-Japan food are pretty costly. So, I would rather have something Japanese.
                        I would rather pick beef curry. And I would compare to what's available on the menu especially the Hanagoyomi set (similar idea like kyo-kaiseki). I remembered I was in the same flight as Kiwi, and we both enjoyed hangoyomi. Also last year, I sent my hanagoyomi to KeithMel and his parents who happened to be in the same flight but they were in Y. I recalled they said it was good.
                        Thank you, SQLPP. I'd ask my mom if she'd like to BTC eel or beef curry. If there's something more interesting on the menu that day, she could go for that instead.

If you sent your hanagoyomi (you were in J?) to KeithMel and parents in Y , what did you eat?

Comment

If you sent your hanagoyomi (you were in J?) to KeithMel and parents in Y , what did you eat?

I don't remember what I had that afternoon.

Comment

You brought your own food on board? Maybe you had the snacks instead. Or did you swap your J with Keith's Y meal?

Comment

You brought your own food on board? Maybe you had the snacks instead. Or did you swap your J with Keith's Y meal?
                              No swapping with Keith's Y meal. They had their Y meals earlier than the C cabin.
                              I think most probably I had big meals at NH F lounge that morning. Therefore I did not feel like having any meals on board.

Comment

Working...
                              X