No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presumably they have an idea of bookings, if there aren't any F booking to HKG no harm swapping the plane.

Either way, it's still better than the regional lottery CX has.
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• 9V-SQL was out on air-test as SQ8877 today in basic SQ livery without titles or logo.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Looks like 9V-SVM is back in service, doing SQ972 and SQ9975 (?) according to FR24 on Dec 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
          Like what other said it was suppose to operate by 77W.
          So imagine if you book suite n then downgrade to normal first class. Then on day of travel, tell you plane have no first class. Pls wait another 4 hours for SQ866. Not many paxes would like it.
          To me that's the biggest irony in this - the ones paying the most are the ones most affected by the swap. Those in Y get a product that's almost comparable, those in F either downgrade or suffer a time penalty... not so good huh

I knew someone who encountered such an equipment swap, called the call centre... "Sir, you're now in J, don't worry it's the highest class available on the aircraft!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
            Looks like 9V-SVM is back in service, doing SQ972 and SQ9975 (?) according to FR24 on Dec 1.
            After not using it for a few days they put it on a BKK flight (SQ972) and then it subsequently broke down in BKK. They ended up having to send SVB down there empty to cover the scheduled return flight, delayed by 6 hours.

SVM has then returned as SQ9975- and very interestingly- it flew exactly 6 minutes behind that day's SQ975, which was performed by SVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              9V-SQL was out on air-test as SQ8877 today in basic SQ livery without titles or logo.
              Sold or headed for scrap? So far they haven’t sold any SQx aside from SQH and attempting to sell SQJ now...the rest have all been scrapped. But a 3hr air test does suggest it may be off to somewhere else?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                Sold or headed for scrap? So far they haven’t sold any SQx aside from SQH and attempting to sell SQJ now...the rest have all been scrapped. But a 3hr air test does suggest it may be off to somewhere else?
                As I understand it, another one for Boeing Aircraft Holding Company (like 9V-SVN preceding). Boeing also took 9V-SRO in October, and several previous ex-SQ Triple Sevens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                  As I understand it, another one for Boeing Aircraft Holding Company (like 9V-SVN preceding). Boeing also took 9V-SRO in October, and several previous ex-SQ Triple Sevens.
                  Do we know what Boeing are doing with these aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Do we know what Boeing are doing with these aircraft?
                    ...parking them at VCV or other yards, Selling their parts or leasing them out as a whole. Until they lose all value then they get broken up.

I will miss 9V-SQL...it flew me 11 times in total.

Comment

• btw, what has happened to the 773 fleet?

SYF - out for 2 days
                      SYH - out for a week
                      SYJ - out for more than a week

only SYI and SYL holding the fort

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                        btw, what has happened to the 773 fleet?

SYF - out for 2 days
                        SYH - out for a week
                        SYJ - out for more than a week

only SYI and SYL holding the fort
                        I’m looking at current patterns of 773 routes and this is what I found:

SQ 630 to HND has been consistently using the 773,
                        SQ 890 to HKG has been interspersed with 77W and both LH and Regional A350 variants,
                        SQ 912 to MNL had two A350s and a 772 operate since the start of December,
                        The five daily flights to Jakarta have occasionally seen 772, A350 but more often the 77W in place of the 773.

Wonder how F pax on these substituted flights are handled.

Comment

SQ 890 to HKG has been interspersed with 77W and both LH and Regional A350 variants,
                          The five daily flights to Jakarta have occasionally seen 772, A350 but more often the 77W in place of the 773.

SQ890/891 is operated by B772 (9V-SQN) today. They are really finding any available aircraft to sub for this flight.

Comment

I was one of the said F pax when my flight SQ919 MNL-SIN was downgraded from a 773 to an A350. It was a revenue Business Class ticket upgraded to First Class using miles.

On the morning of the flight, I received a call and was informed of the aircraft change. They told me I'd get a miles refund, and, as compensation, either a one-way same sector upgrade voucher, or cash compensation. I chose the cash compensation because tbh, I'm not sure how long more F will last on the MNL route... plus I wasn't sure what were the T&C attached to the upgrade voucher. Also, valuing miles at 2 cents/mile, the cash voucher was more worth it So you can roughly estimate how much they offered.

At the same time I think the aircraft change resulted in an overbooked J cabin so they offered to let me take other flights if I wanted to, and I ended up taking SQ917 instead since I could get my work done in time.

I suppose if you were a revenue F pax, they would have refunded the fare difference (instead of miles in my case) + give you the compensation (one way upgrade or cash voucher). Though the refund of fare difference is a big question mark because it's likely they'd benchmark it against a Z fare - the most expensive Business Class fare.

Now I just have to make a trip down to ion orchard to cash in the voucher.....

Comment

• Came across a court filing -

https://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/docs...shing)-pdf.pdf

This must be SQJ?
                              Which will explain why it was withdrawn but ended up being stored at Changi while they’re trying to find a buyer. They’re still trying to sell SQJ now apparently.

Comment

• Unsurprisingly, SVM hasn't taken to the skies again since its problematic flight to BKK. If three 200ERs are to still be around in March, SVB, C & E will be the trio as we've always thought.

Will be interesting now to see which regionals depart as only 1 is meant to be remaining. With so many new regional planes arriving and only one more A330 likely to go by March, it shouldn't be too difficult to remove two.

Anyone care to guess which one is the last 772 regional to remain?

Comment

Working...
                                X