A glimpse of the new EK First Class Suites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A glimpse of the new EK First Class Suites

EK has teased the world with a glimpse of what their new F suites will look like! Can not wait!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FS7...ature=youtu.be

A fully enclosed suite!!!

Beautiful attention to detail and the color pallete is much more refined and less......tacky....than the previous generation. Much more, luxurious than the new SQ suites.

https://youtu.be/p2hJxyF7mok
    Last edited by Avenger777; 13 November 2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Sam Chui doing a tour of the AMAZING new first class product. So chic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekUu5R6vANU

Comment

I really like that tree!

Comment

What happended? No shower? No companion dining? Reading the comments of the SQ launch, no one should be willing to fly this product... How disappointing for EK

I have seen the SQ product but not the EK product so only some observations from the pictures:

Doors all the way up to the ceiling is a great idea. Individual temperature control as well. I recall from my visit to SQ's mock up last year that airflow is actually very tricky and I am very curious to learn how EK overcame the technical difficulties.

The shelving in front of the passenger will make the 'feel' of the cabin much less spacious than it actually is. It intrudes the whole cabin width at window level.

Video chat doesn't feel First Class to me. I don't wanna show my face after waking up to order a cup of coffee...

I think the Service Window is a smart idea. In principle you have two service windows on the current SQ Suites but no one has ever used them.

The ambient lighting in different colors is something you find in many cars today and it's interesting that this feature didn't make it on the list for SQ.

Good to see two totally different concepts at work here. It's always great to have choices and see which product in the end makes better sense for yourself.

Emirates seems to be a bit more targeted at the one-time flyer and delivers the Orient Express experience while SQ is having their frequent flyers in mind and deliver along those lines. Both products take to the skies next months. Very excited to read some first hand experiences for both products!

Comment

Seems cramp and claustrophobic

Comment

Looking at this picture and the SQ new suites pictures, this picture of the EK suites does look a little more cramped space-wise.

Comment

Of course this seems to be an inferior overall product than the new SQ Suites. However, as a 77W First Class product, it is much better than SQ’s. I wonder until when they think they can get away with the current 77W F.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Of course this seems to be an inferior overall product than the new SQ Suites. However, as a 77W First Class product, it is much better than SQ’s. I wonder until when they think they can get away with the current 77W F.
                  Yes, in terms of "space" and "real-estate", the new EK Suites product is inferior to SQ. However, if you want to talk about the types of "amenities" and the sheer amount of "detail" than this is where EK has the edge over SQ. EK went for more of the Mercedes feel, while SQ, unfortunately, went with the sterile and hospital look.

The current SQ 77W FCL product oozes luxury with its quilted chocolate brown leather. The smart usage of the color palettes. The moodlighting. Heck, even the wall decor is modern and contemporary. I dont know why none of these were incorporated into the new suites.

The new product lacks any trace of the traditional elegance that is associated with the SQ brand. Besides the Kebaya motif, everything else is just........bland.

Last edited by Avenger777; 9 December 2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                    Yes, in terms of "space" and "real-estate", the new EK Suites product is inferior to SQ. However, if you want to talk about the types of "amenities" and the sheer amount of "detail" than this is where EK has the edge over SQ. EK went for more of the Mercedes feel, while SQ, unfortunately, went with the sterile and hospital look.
                    SQ went with those colours based on feedback and input from pax who regularly PAY for Suites. These people wanted those colours as it apparently helps them to sleep.
                    SQ couldn't really care what most of us SQTalkers think about it. Its the folks who regularly spend >$100K/year on Suites that matter.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    Emirates seems to be a bit more targeted at the one-time flyer and delivers the Orient Express experience while SQ is having their frequent flyers in mind and deliver along those lines. Both products take to the skies next months. Very excited to read some first hand experiences for both products!
                    Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      SQ went with those colours based on feedback and input from pax who regularly PAY for Suites. These people wanted those colours as it apparently helps them to sleep.
                      SQ couldn't really care what most of us SQTalkers think about it. Its the folks who regularly spend >$100K/year on Suites that matter.

Exactly!
                      I guess they like to sleep in the Dr. office lol

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post

The current SQ 77W FCL product oozes luxury with its quilted chocolate brown leather. The smart usage of the color palettes. The moodlighting. Heck, even the wall decor is modern and contemporary. I dont know why none of these were incorporated into the new suites.
                        Agreed, and even in the 2013 SQ video where their VP of Product Development they emphasis the "modern style" and luxury of the present cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          EK F suite is definitely an evolution of the current one in terms of style.

I don’t understand the hospital comments on SQ new Suites though. They seemed fine and luxurious enough without being too ‘in your face’.

Comment

Virtual Windows!

One feature which I think is very impressive about this new EK seat is virtual windows -- one of the middle F seats as "simulated" windows with high definition screens projecting the "view" out of them. Very innovative!

Some pics of the virtual window below...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/1/1...o-gravity-seat

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                              One feature which I think is very impressive about this new EK seat is virtual windows -- one of the middle F seats as "simulated" windows with high definition screens projecting the "view" out of them. Very innovative!

Some pics of the virtual window below...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/1/1...o-gravity-seat
                              Innovative right?!?!? EK really thought outside the box and pushed the envelope with this product.

Comment

Working...
                              X