Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fancy being a Chief Beer Officer ?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fancy being a Chief Beer Officer ?.

Who says drinking beer won't get you anywhere? For those passionate for pilsners or crazy for crafts, your favorite pastime could earn you a fancy new title and a seat at the Board Room Table. In celebration of the simple pleasure of a perfectly poured glass of beer and the launch of its Best Brews program, Four Points by Sheraton hotels have officially kicked-off its Chief Beer Officer (CBO) executive search and began making room in the executive suite for its newest chief.

Candidates should possess a bubbly personality, brew eloquence, and a rich knowledge of beer. The group's first ever CBO will be responsible to share his or her in-depth knowledge of the wide world of beer and help cultivate, curate and promote its new Best Brews offerings at brewery tours, beer festivals, and on bar stools across the country. Four Points hotels encourages all who fulfill the above requirements to apply online and see if their favorite pastime earns them a seat at the Board Room table. To be eligible, all one needs is a love for beer, a thirst-hand knowledge of this glorious libation, an interest in perks that are as tasty as beer itself and be 21 years of age or older. No Lager Louts need apply.

Once chosen, the CBO will assume the post in mid-January and begin acting as an independent, part-time consultant for Four Point's newly-launched Best Brews program. As part of the executive search, ads have been taken out in the Wall Street Journal, HotJobs and Monster.com.

“We're committed to finding a CBO to help grow and promote our Best Brews program,” said Four Points Senior Vice President Hoyt “Hops” Harper. “Just as wine has its devotees, so too does beer - people who are passionate about its nuances, its history and the fact that it's just plain fun to drink. We knew we had to develop a position worthy of our vast offering of this divine beverage, and we are eager to have our new CBO on board.”

One of the primary duties of the CBO will be to document all official activities and beer learnings on a Four Points beer blog. This includes discovering new brews to feature in the program and sharing their thoughts about each beer they sample in the portfolio, as the CBO will have a sampling of the collection delivered to their door each quarter.

I'll send them my resume from my @beer.com email address when I'm sober again...

Comment

Wow my ideal job

Comment

LOL I put in an application for the heck of it. Can't hurt, right?

My involvement in the Beer Brewing Society at college and the 'More Beer' club at uni should help...
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 19 November 2006, 03:19 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
        X