No announcement yet.

Singapore Staycation Series 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room was pretty spacious with an elegant yet modern decor.

A care kit was provided.

Standard Nespresso coffees and TWG teas provided.

Marbled bathroom with separate shower cubicle and bathtub.

Classy looking amenity box, but only stocked with the basic amenities.

Bath amenities by Lanvin.

Our room was pool-view facing.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Did a short workout at the rather small gym. Gym can accommodate 4 persons maximum at any time.

The club lounge is at the same floor as the gym and pool. However, did not check it out as my stay did not include lounge access.

Lobby in the evening was less crowded, but there were still some guests chilling with drinks.

Our stay was inclusive of a 3-course dinner at Racines.

Only the finest local and seasonal ingredients go into the selection of delicious dishes at Racines. For an unforgettable meal in Singapore's financial district, discover our four live cooking stations showcasing refined French and Chinese cuisine.

Embark with us on a culinary journey of flavours spanning the breadth and depth of Singapore and France, for an unforgettable epicurean experience.

We got to choose our 3 courses from the 4-course set menu (minus Amuse bouche).

My Travel Map

Comment

Starting with some bread and butter.

Added a serving of french oysters.

Double-boiled fish maw soup, which was rich and warming.

Pan fried foie gras was excellent as well.

Hay-smoked compressed turkey. This was turkey prepared in a different way and interesting dish, though portion a tad small.

Chinese choice was Sauteed Barramundi with pilaf rice. A very 'safe' choice, though very ordinary.

Ended with the excellent TWG Singapour Je T'aime Tea with chocolate and sable breton.

The next morning, breakfast was again served at Racines, ala-carte buffet style. Portions were served small and that or choices could be ordered. The menu can be found in the link below:

https://www.sofitel-singapore-cityce...onomy/racines/

My Travel Map

Comment

After breakfast, it was great weather to hang out at the pool. The pool at Sofitel City Center is certainly an oasis in the middle of the city.

Sofitel City Center is certainly an escape within the business district, offering a relaxing and comfortable city getaway.

After check out, we headed to the nearby M Hotel to grab a high tea at Tea Bar.

The High Tea at Tea Bar of M Hotel Singapore is a great spot for a teatime tête-à-tête bask in the sheer radiance of the hotel while being served a three-tier stand of bite-size sandwiches, scones, and assorted pastries, alongside the M signature Chicken Pie and Curry Puff.

My Travel Map

Comment

#17 Parkroyal Collection Pickering Singapore

Parkroyal Collection Pickering Singapore
            Signature Suite

The last staycation I had in 2020 was a stay at Parkroyal Collection Pickering on New Year's Eve.

Enjoy a unique stay with our eco-friendly garden concept hotel in Singapore, at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, Singapore. With Singapore's CBD and Chinatown at your doorstep, be it a business trip or a weekend staycation, you can count on a warm welcome with worthwhile experiences.

Entering the hotel lobby and checked in.

A bar counter at the lobby.

As well as seating areas.

Headed up to our room on the 14th floor. The view from the open-air hallway was towards the CBD area.

For this stay, we were pleasantly upgraded to the Signature Suite from our originally booked Junior Suite.

With sweeping views of Singapore’s city skyline, our 73-square metre COLLECTION Signature Suite is a pampering retreat that makes us a preferred business hotel in Singapore. It features an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub and a rain shower to help you feel refreshed at any time of the day, as well as distinct living and dining areas.

Reaching the Suite.

Opening entering the Suite was a hallway.

To the right was a guest toilet.

And to the left was the living and dining area.

Straight ahead was the wardrobe with bathrobes and ironing facility.

My Travel Map

Comment

Another side wardrobe with safe, slippers and laundry bag.

Dressing table

Checking out the huge and smart bathroom. There are 2 washbasins.

The usual Metis-branded Parkroyal amenities available.

Hairdryer drawer

Shower and a relaxing bathtub with greenery view.

Shower amenities and bath salts provided.

Next up is the bedroom with King bed. The bedroom offers both greenery and city view from its almost full-height windows.

My Travel Map

Comment

Bedroom with greenery views.

Reusable glass bottles were provided for drinking water.

The bedroom also leads back to the living and dining area.

A small selection of in-room dining menu available. Not sure if previously was the selection more than this. Prices are quite reasonable for in-room dining standards.

Selection of Nespresso coffees and TWG teas available.

View from the room towards Civic district and bay area.

We checked out the gym, which was of reasonable size, though equipment is quite limited.

My Travel Map

Comment

Infinity pool is beautiful, but it was rainy for the entire day and hence not too many guests at the pool.

We had pre-booked Near Year's eve dinner at the hotel's Lime Restaurant.

A vibrant, modern restaurant offering the best buffets in Singapore with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, Lime’s warm setting is perfect for you to enjoy a wide range of local, Southeast Asian and international culinary delights.

Three open kitchens set the stage for a fascinating display of skill, as in-house chefs deftly transform an assortment of fresh ingredients into signature creations. Diners with smaller appetites will appreciate the myriad of options available on Lime's a la carte menu, while those looking for a delicious meatless alternative will enjoy Lime's innovative plant-based a la carte menu.

We had the Al-carte New Year's Eve buffet.

Starting with Seafood platter set, Sashimi platter and Roasted meat set.

Wagyu prime ribs

Singapore Chilli Crab, Pickering Signature Laksa, Grilled Chicken Satay

Oven-baked Pork Ribs

My Travel Map

Comment

65 Degree Sous Vide Eggs Benedict

Caramelized Foie Gras, Plant-based Swedish Meatballs, Gruyere Cheese on Roasted Idaho Potato with Plant-based Minced Meat.

Traditional Roasted Turkey and Honey Citrus Glazed Ham

Desserts were awesome. We had a taste of everything and some tea.

City night view on the last night of 2020 from the suite.

1st meal for 2021 was breakfast at Lime restaurant.

https://www.menu-prsps.panpacific.co...ffet-breakfast

Starting with fruits, bakery items, yoghurt, juice and coffee.

Tried the Omelette set, Fried noodles, Singapore Carrot Cake and Pancakes. Selection was quite limited and taste was just okay.

For the rest of the day, we just lounged away in the room due to the bad weather.

It was an excellent New Year staycation at Parkroyal Pickering.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                    X