View Single Post
Old 15th November 2020, 04:51 PM   #6
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

We left the hotel to take a stroll around the nearby Yacht Marina...

The whole area had a vibe unlike anywhere else in Singapore.

While wandering around the area, one could not help but feel that somehow one was in a country other than Singapore...the area just felt so different from the rest of the country.

There is a dining and shopping complex, the Quayside Isle, right next to the W...

...with many dining options...

There is also a supermarket, and a 7-Eleven, in the vicinity.

In terms of hotel dining within the W, the restaurant Skirt has had good reviews, although none of us dined there on this occasion. The hotel package included breakfast at the Kitchen Table, which is now an a la carte buffet (Rather than a self-service buffet).

Breakfast selections included waffles...

...and an excellent Laksa, which was so excellent that the only picture I have is of a half-eaten bowl...

Overall, I thought the W Sentosa Cove was an impressive hotel, with quite a different vibe and atmosphere from other high-end hotels in Singapore. I would definitely consider the W for a staycation in Singapore.

As for folks visiting Singapore on holiday, or even on business, I think the W is a reasonable option. Although it is on Sentosa, it really isn't that far from Singapore's CBD or from Orchard Road.

Last edited by yflyer; 16th November 2020 at 10:56 AM..
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote