SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SVF just departed SIN for Victorville as SQ8877.
    Maybe storage until it ends up at Vistara? https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...launch-446154/

While the first route to be flown will prob be Delhi - Singapore which is around 5 hours and within range of the A320s, a larger aircraft will be needed for the 9 routes routes alluded to. With the regional 777-200s off to NokScoot, the 777-200ERs seem to a quick way of building up a small medium haul fleet for Vistara.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
      Maybe storage until it ends up at Vistara? https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...launch-446154/

While the first route to be flown will prob be Delhi - Singapore which is around 5 hours and within range of the A320s, a larger aircraft will be needed for the 9 routes routes alluded to. With the regional 777-200s off to NokScoot, the 777-200ERs seem to a quick way of building up a small medium haul fleet for Vistara.
      If that was the case I can't see why they would move it to Victorville.

If the rumours are true that SVE is going, that might be one for Vistara.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
        Victorville is the resting place for aircraft that are no longer flying and sometimes, those are destined for long-term storage before they're transferred to another airline. Vistara-bound aircraft don't fit into these profiles.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          That may already be in progress. SRL hasn't flown for a week now. Its two BKK flights have been covered by A330s or B772ERs. After today its evening flight officially goes A330. If it returns it'll just be for the morning flight until late March but I think they've got plenty of the 772ERs sitting about to cover it.

Comment

• I, for one, am sad to see those recliner seats being retired. They're one the last remnants of the Raffles Class era.

For short hops like BKK I think these seats are really comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              I, for one, am sad to see those recliner seats being retired. They're one the last remnants of the Raffles Class era.

But the IFE screen is really small and the resolution poor (talk about 3rd world problems). Really had a hard time trying to watch anything on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                I, for one, am sad to see those recliner seats being retired. They're one the last remnants of the Raffles Class era.

I agree the seats are pretty comfy. Just dont like the flimsy tray tables and you can't put any drinks on the armrest. I guess when I tried eating with the seat infront of me reclined and turbulence, it was quite an experience....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Well, the 2-3-2 layout when you booked was just a default as it was always planned to have that plane withdrawn by then, but for you as a passenger, what an upgrade! To go from the oldest products in the fleet to the newest is about as good as it can get.

Cool location, by the way. Is your full itinerary GOH-KEF-CPH-SIN-BKK or GOH-SFJ-CPH-SIN-BKK?
                  It will be GOH-SJF-CPH, CPH-SIN-BKK, BKK-HKT, HKT_SIN-DPS, DPS-KUL, KUL-BKK, BKK-SIN-CPH, CPH-SJF-GOH,
                  so quite a few segments in my 3 weeks of Holidays,

yes quite looking forward to the new cabin, feel very lucky, I have no problem saying goodbye to the blue recliners

Comment

• 9V-SRL is in hanger for lease check to Nokscoot as HS-XBE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
                      9V-SRL is in hanger for lease check to Nokscoot as HS-XBE.
                      Dang so it is indeed an end of an era for the oldest seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
                        9V-SRL is in hanger for lease check to Nokscoot as HS-XBE.

Comment

• Still waiting for news on 9V-SQK’s fate...it’s been 3 months. Anyone knows?

Comment

• It hasn’t been repaired. 9V-SQK is seen being towed at 1:44 in this video taken on March 9.

https://youtu.be/R3phkGg8_Qk

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              +1
                              visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                                It hasn’t been repaired. 9V-SQK is seen being towed at 1:44 in this video taken on March 9.

https://youtu.be/R3phkGg8_Qk
                                Almost 4 months and they haven’t even attempted to repair it.

Comment

Working...
                                X