No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the same way, SQ serves France with Boeings (at least for now)

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      In the same way, SQ serves France with Boeings (at least for now)
      Paris yes, but not Toulouse. That would be rubbing it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        SIN-ICN-SFO was dropped when SIN-SFO (SQ32/31) came online, rationalizing capacity. Why would SQ reinstate SIN-ICN-SFO again? In a move to offer more frequency and capacity, with a de-emphasis on load factor, yields and profitability?

Kindly explain, SQfanatic. I'd like to hear your thought process on this.
        One thing I know is SFO is a major Star Alliance hub like say, IAH is as well. I think SQ could do that for increasing capacity, and also giving choices for flight times ex-SIN, but if they had to, they could definitely do it from another airport in Asia (i.e. TPE, HND). Right now, every US port has a flight arriving into SIN between 5-7am. SFO does from UA, but not from SQ.

If demand is another thing, maybe ICN-SFO wouldn't work out if it has to do with the load factor. Then again, they still want to keep ICN as a fifth-freedom route. That was a thought, but they can still always keep ICN-LAX if they think that does better than when they had it go to SFO. If they replace SQ8/7 with the new nonstop flight, and SQ wants to maintain the fifth freedom route, where else would it go to? SEA? JFK? EWR? If any of that had to happen, I would still hope the fifth freedom route would continue to a city on the West Coast on SQ rather than the East.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          One thing I know is SFO is a major Star Alliance hub like say, IAH is as well. I think SQ could do that for increasing capacity, and also giving choices for flight times ex-SIN, but if they had to, they could definitely do it from another airport in Asia (i.e. TPE, HND). Right now, every US port has a flight arriving into SIN between 5-7am. SFO does from UA, but not from SQ.

If demand is another thing, maybe ICN-SFO wouldn't work out if it has to do with the load factor. Then again, they still want to keep ICN as a fifth-freedom route. That was a thought, but they can still always keep ICN-LAX if they think that does better than when they had it go to SFO. If they replace SQ8/7 with the new nonstop flight, and SQ wants to maintain the fifth freedom route, where else would it go to? SEA? JFK? EWR? If any of that had to happen, I would still hope the fifth freedom route would continue to a city on the West Coast on SQ rather than the East.
          SIN-ICN-SFO has seen weak and erratic loads when it existed. Today,there are many one stop options from S.E Asia/Oceania to numerous ports in USA’s western coast. Clearly,in a strategy to define itself against competition,SQ has to offer direct service and exercise capacity rationalisation. Airlines don’t operate certain routes because they love a certain city (RE:SFO). And I would like to hear your grounds on why SQ would like to Keep ICN as a fifth freedom port??Perhaps you have some privilege data or information on the usefulness of ICN that board members are unaware of?? Or some strongly researched points on making that statement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
            SIN-ICN-SFO has seen weak and erratic loads when it existed. Today,there are many one stop options from S.E Asia/Oceania to numerous ports in USA’s western coast. Clearly,in a strategy to define itself against competition,SQ has to offer direct service and exercise capacity rationalisation. Airlines don’t operate certain routes because they love a certain city (RE:SFO). And I would like to hear your grounds on why SQ would like to Keep ICN as a fifth freedom port??Perhaps you have some privilege data or information on the usefulness of ICN that board members are unaware of?? Or some strongly researched points on making that statement?
            Your information makes more sense than mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
              If u read his past posts, u know his information are mostly conjured up

Comment

• 9V-SMU is displaying her Final Registration and is ready for her Delivery Flight later today.

Comment

• 9V-SMU has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi at 7.00pm (local time) this evening.

Comment

• From A350 Production Twitt @A350_Production

The last A350-900 (SQ#21, MSN186, 9V-SMU) for @SingaporeAir with the current configuration has been delivered and is airborne bound for @ChangiAirport !

Next subtype: A350-900ULR !

Deliveries of the regional-A350 for SQ will start in late-2018.
                    Last edited by EKCH; 10 February 2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SMU has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A359 fleet to 21.

The next A359 Delivery will be the ULR in August. The regional A359 is reported to follow in late 2018. This needs to be officially confirmed.
                      Last edited by SQKevin; 10 February 2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

If demand is another thing, maybe ICN-SFO wouldn't work out if it has to do with the load factor. Then again, they still want to keep ICN as a fifth-freedom route.
                        Sweet! A return of the entertainment!

SFO is one of the most expensive USA cities to park a plane. The cost overruns due to Willie Brown's complete mismanagement of the airport expansion and the massive delays due to fog and the short runways only add to the misery. 16 years later and the airport is STILL completely outdated (with bankrupt Chinese solar panels that don't work to boot) and gravely in need of a complete gut.

This ICN Fifth-Freedom thing is fascinating...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                          9V-SMU has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A359 fleet to 21.

The next A359 Delivery will be the ULR in August. The regional A359 is reported to follow in late 2018. This needs to be officially confirmed.
                          Appreciate the updates!

If the regional A359s do start in 2018 that would make very quick deliveries for the 7 ULRs!

Comment

One thing I know is SFO is a major Star Alliance hub like say, IAH is as well. I think SQ could do that for increasing capacit.
                            SQ is struggling to fill aircraft to IAH, why would they increase capacity?

Comment

• According to the A350 production list site, the 1st ULR is now in Final Assembly.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                According to the A350 production list site, the 1st ULR is now in Final Assembly.
                                As in Post #1765
                                Delivery for the first ULR is estimated for August..
                                Why it is already in final assembly?
                                Is the First 350 ULR Delivery now before August this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X