Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
    Hi FN-GM - have you flown to NZ?

I think SQ's connection options are not as attractive as others in EU-NZ. Your experience to Australia sounds familiar to me!

EDIT:

Perhaps SQ could split the AKL service between a single B77W/A380 to a double daily A359? This would be in addition to ANZ's daily flight in the JV. A late afternoon/early evening departure ex AKL could connect well into the European departure bank ex SIN?
    Not that I'm wanting to brag, but I wonder if SQ has been reading this thread...

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU171...e-services.htm

Personally I'd have SQ286 a little later, but I assume there is good reason for this.
    Last edited by Dobbo; 7 December 2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
      Not that I'm wanting to brag, but I wonder if SQ has been reading this thread...

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU171...e-services.htm

Personally I'd have SQ286 a little later, but I assume there is good reason for this.
      The reason for a 2100 arrival would be the huge bank of flights leaving from 2330 onwards. The arrival times into SIN match those of MEL when we had 3x daily. When we got the 4th flight, it was a midnight arrival to narrow the gap on the 0100 onwards departures. I can't see any real improvement for Euro connections here. India and SE Asia, definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        The reason for a 2100 arrival would be the huge bank of flights leaving from 2330 onwards. The arrival times into SIN match those of MEL when we had 3x daily. When we got the 4th flight, it was a midnight arrival to narrow the gap on the 0100 onwards departures. I can't see any real improvement for Euro connections here. India and SE Asia, definitely.
        Quite, I'd have preferred a 2230 arrival into SIN, but perhaps the AKL-SIN aircraft is required elsewhere by then.

It helps bridge the gap between the EU-NZ connections offered by EK and QR, which is a step forwards for me.

Comment

Interestingly, with these re-timed flights, there will be no onward connections from Europe (MAN, MXP, CPH, etc) to New Zealand on two days of the week between April and November since the 8:45 am flight will only operate 5 times a week during this period.

Comment

MAN is only 5x weekly at present, so it may only overlap 3x weekly!

In fairness, the northern winter is where demand to NZ really picks up so it's no great surprise. I'm sure there are one of two more things SQ can do to make timings more attractive, but they are moving in the right direction I think.

Comment

Working...
            X