4-Virgin Atlantic
    5-Emirates Airways
    6-Qatar Airways
    7-Asiana
    8-Malaysia airways
    9-Thai
    10-Southwest

Comment

I've to make one more honourable mention: American Airlines.

Now their onboard product might not be the best, but IME their telephone reservations, AAdvantage, lost luggage and customer service staff are simply excellent. I'd go as far as to say that AA could teach other airlines a thing or 2 about service on the ground.

I've just issued my oneworld explorer (19 flight segments, 1 surface segment) with AA and their ATW desk is a group of truly creative and customer-oriented folk. Besides Dallas, I've also dealt with their offices in Sydney (including the call centre in Delhi), Tokyo (where I eventually issued my OWE), and their GSA in Colombo (would've issued my OWE there had CX not suspended services), and the experience has been very positive.

The ATW desk didn't even flinch when I mentioned that I wish to fly Tokyo to Dubai via SIN and LHR.

I've not dealt with CX, but dealing with QF or BA for the RTW was dealing with endless bureaucracy, nickels and dimes, and dubious rule interpretations.

And here's why AA wins out for your OWE ticketing needs - minimal fuel fines. The same itinerary would've easily cost 800-1000 bucks extra in fuel fines with CX, QF or BA.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 26 August 2007, 08:24 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        I've to make one more honourable mention: American Airlines.

Now their onboard product might not be the best, but IME their telephone reservations, AAdvantage, lost luggage and customer service staff are simply excellent. I'd go as far as to say that AA could teach other airlines a thing or 2 about service on the ground.
        and probably other airlines could teach AA a lot about how to NOT lose the luggage! =)
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
          and probably other airlines could teach AA a lot about how to NOT lose the luggage! =)
          Such as BA?

About lost luggage - I had a MEL/BKK/FRA/ORD on TG/LH/AA in that order. The suitcase was lost in transit at BKK, and so I only had a thin coat to survive Chicago winter. An AAngel at ORD who did my delayed baggage report lent me a coat, organised my transport downtown, and personally walked me to where I was supposed to board the hotel shuttle. "I just treat people like how I want to be treated." I then mailed in a 'praise the employee' chit that AA sends to all AAdvantage members, and got a very nice email back thanking me for the feedback.

Thankfully the suitcase itself got to me about 48 hours later, which wasn't a bad effort considering that ORD was still dealing with disruptions caused by snowstorms.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 26 August 2007, 09:58 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
            don't you mean Qantas' A330's?
            nah i really mean 747-300 .. they are flying SYD-MEL for example and were refitted some months ago.
            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
              nah i really mean 747-300 .. they are flying SYD-MEL for example and were refitted some months ago.
              That's true for Y (and I believe it was longer than a few months ago). For J, they still have the Dreamtime seats. Both cabins were also refreshed with new fabrics not long ago. Or have I completely missed something?

Comment

3 - Qantas
                obviously also a great way to fly. though i really hate their 767s but their 747-400s and 777s. especially their 747-300s with new interiors are kind of awesome!
                Er............ QF never had any 777s

Comment

ah sorry i've mistaken them for 330s ... you are right ... gosh sometimes i wonder what i'm writing when i'm tired as hell sorry!
                  Home is where your heart is.

Comment

3 - Qantas
                    obviously also a great way to fly. though i really hate their 767s but their 747-400s and 777s. especially their 747-300s with new interiors are kind of awesome!
                    QF don't do the 777...yet. Negotiations are still going ahead for a direct SYD-LHR with either an airbus or a boeing product. 743's aren't going to be phased out anytime soon either. QF have re-hired some of the old captains to re-train crew due to the A380 delays.

I'm just hoping they'll be gone by the time my training's done in a few years. Imagine getting to be a flight engineer on a 743 for like...a month. then re-starting the process behind the other blokes on newer a/c.

My top airlines would be thus (in no order, besides the first one ):

Qantas
                    Air Pacific
                    Lufthansa
                    Air France
                    Virgin Blue
                    Brindabella Airlines
                    Singapore Airlines

Comment

Working...
                    X