Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Terminal at XSP - Singapore Seletar Airport

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...html?cid=FBCNA

Seems like Berjaya Air will be headed back to XSP once this is done, as well as FireFly...
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

I think it is a good idea to let Seletar Airport be the new budget terminal for LCCs using turboprop aircrafts and small narrow bodies like A320, 737, CRJs, Embraers, Bombardiers and etc...

Comment

Originally posted by hguo83 View Post
      I think it is a good idea to let Seletar Airport be the new budget terminal for LCCs using turboprop aircrafts and small narrow bodies like A320, 737, CRJs, Embraers, Bombardiers and etc...
      Only problem about XSP is the lack of public transport...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

And hopefully with that we'll see more turboprop players e.g. Wings Air, Garuda, Malindo... etc.

Comment

Updates?

Any update on when the new terminal at Seletar Airport will open for commercial flight? Any new airlines besides Firefly to launch routes to XSP?

Comment

good lord, i remember the days when xsp handled only regional charter and cargo flights

will it be the new don mueang of southeast asia?

Comment

The new terminal is slated to open at the end of this year and apparently FY is supposed to start flights to Subang, Ipoh and Kuantan. Not sure what the states is with the terminal though. Have not been through that area for a while now.

Comment

https://landtransportguru.net/event/...letar-airport/

Possibly related, bus #102 will be extended to serve the new Passenger Terminal Building this Sunday, 14 October 2018.

Comment

I hope the connectivity to the airport via public transport could be improved once they have more passengers

Comment

I was checking out the new Seletar airport PTB.
                    1. Separate driveway entrances to business aviation and commercial flights (concept-wise like SQ First Class entrance at Changi T3)
                    2. The nearest bus stop is quite a bit of distance walk to the PTB. One need to walk more than the whole length of the car park (maybe about 300 m). Fortunately the walkway is covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaw Boon ***
                      The new Passenger Terminal Building at #SeletarAirport opened its doors to welcome its first business passengers today. Scheduled turboprop flights will operate from the new Terminal from 1 Dec 2018. Passengers, including those on chartered and private jets will enjoy bigger, better facilities and easier transition from airside to landside.
                      From Khaw Boon ***'s Facebook post.

I find it strange that the date is coming up (less than 2 weeks!) and there's no news other than this source, but we'll have to wait and see I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                        I find it strange that the date is coming up (less than 2 weeks!) and there's no news other than this source, but we'll have to wait and see I guess..
                        There was a press release from CAG:
                        http://www.changiairport.com/corpora...rminal-2799565

Local papers also reported it adding comments from Firefly on its pending move. Decision on move date will be made on the 21st

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                          From Khaw Boon ***'s Facebook post.

Why is his name censored?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                            Why is his name censored?
                            Not me who did it, the forum does it automatically! Not gonna argue with that

Comment

Checked out XSP's new terminal. Spiffy looking interior, blazing fast WIFI, and one little eatery (which closes at 6PM, apparently). I see a potential for a ten minute taxi drop off to plane boarding experience.

What was really surprising was in this day of automation and passenger self-check-in, there were no self check-in machines at XSP. CAG could have implemented at XSP what they did at T4, given pax on these turboprop flights are more likely to have light handcarry bags.

Comment

Working...
                              X