[HND] JAL Sakura Lounge / Skyview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HND] JAL Sakura Lounge / Skyview

I recently checked out the JAL Sakura / Skyview Business Class Lounge in Tokyo Haneda Airport.

JAL actually offers two J lounges in Haneda.

The main JAL Haneda Sakura Business Lounge is covered in TR's here and here.

This is the larger of the two lounges.

The Skyview lounge, which JAL terms a satellite lounge, is also quite large and comes with full facilities. The Skyview Lounge is covered later in this thread.

According to the JAL website, the current opening hours for the two J lounges in Haneda are:

Sakura Lounge (Main building 4F/5F) 04:30 - 01:30
    Sakura Lounge/Skyview 06:00~12:30 / 21:00 - 01:30*

The JAL Skyview Lounge has slightly shorter opening hours, however if you are heading there in the evening, just after opening time at 9.30pm, the odds are that the lounge will be fairly quiet, as it was when I was there.

The entrance to the Sakura/Skyview Lounge...

Last edited by yflyer; 21 July 2020, 01:44 PM.

One of several seating areas...

More seating/lounging...

One of two bar areas...

Work/Dining bar counter...

Last edited by yflyer; 21 July 2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

The wine and liquor selection...

Kiwi-flavoured edition of JAL's delicious signature Sky Time fruit juice drink...

Last edited by yflyer; 21 July 2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Main buffet area, comprising both hot and cold selections...

Choice of hearty Korean soup...

...or creamy corn chowder...

Salad bar...

Squid sushi...

Dim sum...

Udon...

Penne pasta...

Chukadon (Stir fried pork and vegetables on rice...)

And best of all, JAL's signature Japanese beef curry and rice, the dish I look forward most to when I come to the lounge...

This is a very mild, dark curry sauce -- almost a stew, simmered with chunks of tender beef cubes. This goes perfectly with the hot, moist Japanese rice that JAL offers in the lounge. Definitely the best dish available in the lounge.
        Last edited by yflyer; 21 July 2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Showers are very elegant...

And there is a smoking room, as well as a separate room with a few massage chairs...

Last edited by yflyer; 21 July 2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Overall, an excellent lounge, with great facilities, decor and catering.

Between the main lounge and the Skyview lounge, I marginally prefer the main lounge, however the Skyview is an excellent J lounge in its own right, and may be preferable if you are heading there around 9.30pm, because at that hour the Skyview is a lot less crowded than the main lounge.

Comment

Working...
            X