Scoot Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoot Flight Delays & Disruptions

Following the incident of TR996/SINTPE 9V-TAU on 24MAR19, the aircraft has been ferried to KUL on 26MAR19 to KUL as TR7008/TPEKUL for retification works by Sepang Engineering (Airbus).

Wow we're doing this already? That's fast I guess.

I wonder why they aren't getting SIAEC to do it - was the bill too high?
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

likely its because of lower cost and that they have the capacity to do this at the last minute. Scoot have been sending most of its planes ie ex-Tiger to KL for repainting to Scoot colors

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
        Wow we're doing this already? That's fast I guess.

I wonder why they aren't getting SIAEC to do it - was the bill too high?
        Scoot took over an existing maintenance contract TigerAir signed with Sepang Engineering (Airbus). Hence Scoot’s planes are sent to KUL for maintenance.
        Last edited by Not You; 3 April 2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Isn't it better from a financial standpoint for Scoot's jets to be handled by SIAEC as the money would be flowing within SIA Group rather than outside ?

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
            Isn't it better from a financial standpoint for Scoot's jets to be handled by SIAEC as the money would be flowing within SIA Group rather than outside ?
            Logically, I am guessing they did their numbers, it make sense to see through the contract before changing to SIAEC, than to pay the penalty to break the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
              Logically, I am guessing they did their numbers, it make sense to see through the contract before changing to SIAEC, than to pay the penalty to break the contract?
              Didn't think that they could have signed the contract when the A320s were still under Tiger Airways.

More details have been revealed with regards to the TPE incident. It was mentioned in ST that the pilots switched on a back up power device(assuming it is the APU) to burn off fuel due to them coming close to an overweight landing.

Why were they carrying more fuel than required ? Unexpected tailwinds ?

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                Didn't think that they could have signed the contract when the A320s were still under Tiger Airways.

More details have been revealed with regards to the TPE incident. It was mentioned in ST that the pilots switched on a back up power device(assuming it is the APU) to burn off fuel due to them coming close to an overweight landing.

Why were they carrying more fuel than required ? Unexpected tailwinds ?
                I was flying to TPE early this month, the weather was quite bad. We need to circle for a while and I still cannot see anything (everything was white) outside the window even at 2000 ft only.

Maybe that day was unexpected quite clear so they have "extra" fuel.

Also I thought TPE flight will continue to Japan right, may be the bring the fuel from SIN?
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  I was flying to TPE early this month, the weather was quite bad. We need to circle for a while and I still cannot see anything (everything was white) outside the window even at 2000 ft only.

Maybe that day was unexpected quite clear so they have "extra" fuel.

Also I thought TPE flight will continue to Japan right, may be the bring the fuel from SIN?
                  This is the TPE terminator which is the day flight. There are two night flights that will terminate at NRT and ICN respectively

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                    This is the TPE terminator which is the day flight. There are two night flights that will terminate at NRT and ICN respectively
                    Isn't there one that lands in CTS as well?

Comment

Its interesting how the A320 can be in "over-weight" position for landing into Taipei as even if were to have a full fuel for the SIN-TPE flight it would be about 6 hours of flying, but after flying 4 hours to TPE, the plane should be able to land without being over-weight even if it had 2 or even 3 hours of fuel left.

Comment

Scoot 787 Grounding
                        Singapore Airlines will be operating the following flights for Scoot on selected dates:
                        SQ8111/8112 replacing TR016/017 using A333
                        SQ8121/8122 replacing TR002/003 using B772
                        Last edited by Not You; 7 April 2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

TR895|07APR (KIX-KHH-SIN) operated by 9V-OJC AOG in KHH. Scoot will be mounting a rescue flight to KHH operated by 9V-OJG.

Comment

Originally posted by Not You View Post
                            TR895|07APR (KIX-KHH-SIN) operated by 9V-OJC AOG in KHH. Scoot will be mounting a rescue flight to KHH operated by 9V-OJG.
                            Based on FR24, the aircraft that’s AOG in KHH is 9V-OFC.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                              Based on FR24, the aircraft that’s AOG in KHH is 9V-OFC.
                              My apologies for the typo. Yes it should be 9V-OFC that is AOG in KHH.

Comment

Working...
                              X