Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Business Class on Christmas Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Business Class on Christmas Day!

B77W (9V-SWB)SQ 862
    25 Dec 06 Seat 12 A

First Class: 6 Pax
    Business Class: 18 Pax
    Economy Class:227Pax

Very efficiently, I was presented with the Business Class menu and a glass of sparkling white wine.

Without much delay, I immediately explore the various new features of the seats. To my surprise, at fully upright position, I can easily rest my leg on the foot well and lounge with my glass of sparkling wine with comfort.

Last edited by 9V-SWP; 26 December 2006, 10:17 AM.

Above the foot well there is also a stowage space where i can put one of the two blanket provided.
    Closely to my left within the stowage bin, is my new noise cancelling headset and i hung it neatly on the hook provided on the seat. Neat!
    The Mood lighting caught my attention as it exuded a sense of tranquility and dawn. With the window shades down, the mood lightings are simply fantastic. Too bad there are no LED stars like those with EK345.
    Although there is no center stowage bin, I did not feel the spaciousness i should feel as the "super structure" of the bulkhead and the J class seats encroached into the desired space.

The vanity corner provides a handy self reflection.
    The new Krisworld

The interactive menu allows trailers to be shown before u select to watch the movie. Great!
    The Colourful remote hidden within my right arm rest.
    Although the handset is more sturdy, the small buttons are hard to press and navigate.

The lightings on both sides of the seat.
    Last edited by 9V-SWP; 26 December 2006, 10:57 AM.

Comment

The mood lighting changed to a rosy pink just before take off.
      Me couching comfortably in 12 A
      The 77W's GE engine is indeed powerful as the plane took off effortlessly with a louder than normal roar.
      Just after the seat belt sign is turned off, the lady seated beside me cant wait to convert her new seat into a fully flat bed.

Let her snore let her snore let her snore....(Its chrismas)

Comment

The stowage i used to put my shoes. Neat!
        I flip out the new inflight Krisworld magazine and begin my movie selections. Spoiled for choice of cause.
        My nuts came...
        My tray table compartment
        My neighbour ask for a cup of coffee
        Upright position but enjoying my movie "While you are sleeping"
        The back of the remote control is a back lit keyboard.

Comment

Before Dinner service begin, I have decided to vist the gents and explore the plane
          Automatic sensor water tap!

The new economy section feels much better with a sense of freshness. The seats reclines on the new mechanism and does not intrude much into the back of yr neighbour. Tray tables are bi-fold design and can be extended fully into its full glory(much larger than the usual tray table found in Y class)
          The much empty main J cabin

one more look at the new J seat

Comment

Dinner was quickily served when I went back to my cosy seat
            The starter
            The cute pepper and salt shaker
            Close up on the starter
            Golden Pigeon printing on the cutleries
            my main course
            Another close up
            Bon appetite

Comment

Sweet baby carrots
              My log cake and fruits
              A final close up The black chocolate log cake. Unimpressed
              Last edited by 9V-SWP; 26 December 2006, 10:38 AM.

Comment

The new height adjustable table allow us to dine in bed position. Cool

My japanese green tea to end off the meal service.
                Nice to know that the seat belt of the J seat has AIRBAG!!!
                The meal service is over and why does the screen on the remote still show 3 HRS to ARRIVAL IN SINGAPORE?

Comment

The BIG seat in fully recline position
                  Without the pillow i think its comfortable enough to be a day bed.
                  However i still prefer to convert the seat into a bed for sleeping. Takes less than 30 seconds,
                  My head in the well.
                  Im standing at 1.75m and i can sleep comfortably in the flat position still have about 6 inches of space in my foot well.
                  I slept in a number of positions and finally i can sleep on my side in the J seat!

About landing, 30 mins before landing
                  The new flight path program looks sophisticated.

VERDICT:

SEAT: Great improvement over the old spacebed. The seat is now a fully flat bed. Quite innovatively, the seats are all very wide forward facing yet you sleep similar to the VS seats at an angle. Very comfortable for me and nothing to complain about. Without converting to a bed, the seat is also comfortable enough for you to doze of while watching a movie.

However, the seats are just too big and it prove to be too big and hence clumsy for the recline mechanism to work properly. The floor seat to seat separation is indeed about 51 inches. However the distance between the screen and you is much less than that at about 38 inches. At upright position it is still comfortable for your leg to stretch but the 15 inch screen does make u feel tight. Especially when the cabin is totally darken, the 15 inch screen feels like 25!. Can be quite a strain to the eye but great for movies.

The tray tables are oriented to the angle of the position of the bed. At seating position you actually have to tweak yr position away from screen. Maybe SQ should make it not only height adjustable, but also angle adjustable.

Entertainment: Selections are great as usual but glitches can still be sported like sudden breaks or obvious digital artifacts. The shows are certainly not in HD format although the screen supports it. It makes a little sense here as the system will need HUGE storage space to store these programs in HD format.

Noise cancelling headphones are great and much better than before. Now u hear it now u don't (the noise from the GE of cause).
                  However the sound production is on the soft side and even at max volumne.

Food: There is nothing to shout about about the new meal sevice but the china wares are clean, neat and tidy. The whole meal service i felt, represents a "tactical cost cutting measure" effected by SQ. Food presentations are better but quantity and quality dips.

Overall: The 77W is a plane worth trying. The overall feel of the plane across 3 classes are more classy with more use of "timber" in their fixtures similar to a ground hotel. Impressive. Galleys can get a little noisy and try to avoid row 12.
                  Last edited by 9V-SWP; 26 December 2006, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Great trip report 9V-SWP! Thank you!

Comment

simply WON-DER-FUL!
                      thank you 9V-SWP for sharing pics.
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Great report - I agree that the best way is to convert it straight to full flat mode and use it as a day bed - eating, sitting up and watching TV that way. Very comfortable like that.

Oh I miss SWB now having spent already 25+ hours aboard.

Comment

looks like non of the crew wore santa hats

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi
                            looks like non of the crew wore santa hats
                            No mistletoes either.

Comment

Awesome report! Many thanks for sharing and welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

Working...
                              X