SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    I believe it could be leased to Air NZ? NZ is leasing 1 more ex-SQ B772ER in Oct to cover the B789 engine issues downtime.
    Yep NZ s indeed taking up ex 9V-SVG, and have registered it as ZK-OKJ

https://www.caa.govt.nz/script/aircr...craft_ID=10125
    Last edited by wlgspotter; 20 September 2018, 07:34 AM. Reason: Corrected typo

Comment

• SQL has been out for awhile... i wonder if it's gonna take on the 2013Y seats from the recently refurbed SWS/T

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        SQL has been out for awhile... i wonder if it's gonna take on the 2013Y seats from the recently refurbed SWS/T
        You mean the 2006 Y seats. How long has SQL been out for?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          You mean the 2006 Y seats. How long has SQL been out for?
          2006Y seats with the 2013 fabrics hahaha
          A month. Probably the usual maintenance, just wondering if they’ll fit in the seats too and keep these aircraft a few more years.

Comment

A month. Probably the usual maintenance, just wondering if they’ll fit in the seats too and keep these aircraft a few more years.
            Haha yeah I understand. I hope yes unless that is next to leave the fleet very soon.

Comment

Yes indeed.

I was quite surprise when I boarded SQ968 last Friday.

It was quite a pleasant surprise as I saw that the aircraft had a brand new seat. It was SRM indeed.
              The seat is similar to A330 but with the Color on what you see in A350 or B787.

I do not mind to fly 772 if the seat is like this.
              visit my blog

Comment

• It would seems that a few of the older 772s and 773s will be flying till they reah 19 years old.

Comment

• SRM has already been flying with that cabin for almost 2 years.

I think those aircraft are pretty perfect for the flights they’re doing now so yes I also think they will remain for awhile until some reshuffling of flights (especially Bkk and HKG) gets done and they’ll switch to the bigger 78J or regional 350s in future.

Comment

• SRM is doing PEK to SIN now as SQ805. Its a 15 year old aircraft and would likely remain a few more years in service.

Comment

SRM has already been flying with that cabin for almost 2 years.

I think those aircraft are pretty perfect for the flights they’re doing now so yes I also think they will remain for awhile until some reshuffling of flights (especially Bkk and HKG) gets done and they’ll switch to the bigger 78J or regional 350s in future.
                      I guess it has been used for more longer flight until very recently. I flew on 4 SQ B772 this year and this is the only 772 with new cabin in eco.
                      visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        I guess it has been used for more longer flight until very recently. I flew on 4 SQ B772 this year and this is the only 772 with new cabin in eco.
                        sounds like you flew the only 4 x 772s (non-SV) that havent been refitted... SQL SRO SRP SRQ

Comment

sounds like you flew the only 4 x 772s (non-SV) that havent been refitted... SQL SRO SRP SRQ

Yup the other 3 is SRO, SQJ and SRL. I think SRL is gone now right?
                          visit my blog

Comment

Yup, SRL has been gone.

Comment

Yep, SRL is out of the fleet.

The next three departures we are awaiting are SVJ, SVM & SVN. The SV series planes are spending a lot of time on the ground at present as they only have four flights to cover across 6 aircraft and IST isn't even daily. Other recent ad hoc activity for them has been covering for SQ/SR-series 772s and a handful of TR flights to MEL but they're not even getting any MNL or BKK assignments.

Now that another 787 is here and SQL has returned to service after a break, as well as IST reducing from 5 to 4 days for the NW schedule, that could mean we see another go soon.

Comment

• How about SRO, SQM and SQN? Are these being refurbished?
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X