• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like SA's J product

Comment

Sneak Preview of GA's new Kebaya

Found on the local flyers forum, Indoflyer.net

Picture was taken during fitting thus it is not yet showing the true design of the uniform (one of the FAs still had her own dress underneath the Kebaya). However, it looks like GA will go for 4 different colors with 2 different designs. Batik motif is found only on the sarong instead of the entire Kebaya.

Comment

Thanks UMD. Suitable sushi-run vehicles I say.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Thanks UMD. Suitable sushi-run vehicles I say.
          GA probably won't put its 332 for the CGK - SIN run. But, we can definitely do CGK - NRT double sushi run.

Comment

I'm afraid to on board A330 now!!

Comment

Dynasty: afraid why?? Because one crashed?? Best not board 777, 767, 747, A320, B737, A340 etc etc. They have all crashed.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                Dynasty: afraid why?? Because one crashed?? Best not board 777, 767, 747, A320, B737, A340 etc etc. They have all crashed.
                If there are some alternatives for me, I'd rather not choose flying. Everytime I travel to China, trains and ferries will probably be my preference, coz it is relatively safer.

However, my anxious about A330 is not just because of this tragetic disaster. Personally, I don't have good image with A330, I don't think it is a reliable aircraft. As I know, A330 has got serious problem with its pair of engines for many years.

Remember in 1997, Cathay Pacific and Dragonair has to ground all its A330 fleets at Kai Tak, the problem is due to the lubrication of the engine's H.P. compressor shaft. See the link:http://www.thestandard.com.hk/archiv...d_str=19970522

Besides, several years ago, Taiwan's flag carrier China Airlines has also reported that both engines of its A330 has got a sudden in-flight shut down for nearly 1min before re-start during the flight from Kaoshiung to Hong Kong. The similar incident not just only occurs in CI, but also in TAM, Qatar, Air Lingus etc... See also another forum:http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/3482373/

All these engine failures and the pitot static tube (airspeed sensor) mentioned lately as well make me afraid to getting on board A330.

Comment

Dynasty,

While every aircraft type has its problems, and all have been involved in crashes (except the A380, and may it never be), it doesn't mean it's unsafe. Even trains and ferries do get involved in accidents.

But let's get back to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    Dynasty,

While every aircraft type has its problems, and all have been involved in crashes ...

This will be my last reply on this topic and I will not reply anymore on this
                    afterwards.

Yes, you have your point of view, and I agree with you partially. But when we choose the types of aircraft, it is important that we should analyse whether the problem and error it got is big or not, because it is related to our life! If it's a minor problem, that's acceptable.

For example, if there is a Tupolev and Boeing's aircraft available, which one will you prefer to getting on board? Fact is fact, although I am a big fans of Tupolev, and I think the Soviet built brilliant aircrafts, such as Tu 144, 95, 160 etc...

In fact, I think the in-flight shut down of engine is not a tiny problem. You know restart of engine requires very long time and a lot of procedures, it is not as simple as an IC SI or CI engine, as the N1 of the gas turbine must obtain bleed air from APU or the emergency drop down turbine during start; moreover the period of in-flight shut down may affect the cabin pressure, de-ice system, hydraulic system and electric generator, because no bleed air, electricity and engine torque provided respectively, in consequent, the pitot static tube will be icing and the avionics will get the wrong data, finally the aircraft will stall. Although it is the worst case, but doesn't mean that it won't happens. You can imagine how danger the situation will be.

But whatever, I still don't get much confident with A330 and I'll try my best to avoid getting on board!

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    Dynasty,

Even trains and ferries do get involved in accidents.

Yes, and you may also say; everytime we go on to the street, we may have risks to get injured.

However, I think it shouldn't be that. What we must also consider is the probability of that transportation involved in accidents. And obviously, the fact shows that train is comparatively safer than planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
                      What we must also consider is the probability of that transportation involved in accidents. And obviously, the fact shows that train is comparatively safer than planes.
                      No flying is far safer than train travel.

Comment

Back to topic, from a GA newspaper ad yesterday the destinations served by the new A330-200s with lie-flat Business Class seats are IIRC: Shanghai, Seoul, Melbourne and Sydney.

Comment

Looks like the GA livery is getting facelift with the 332s.

http://gerobakterbang.wordpress.com/...uda-indonesia/

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                            Looks like the GA livery is getting facelift with the 332s.

http://gerobakterbang.wordpress.com/...uda-indonesia/
                            Thanks for posting. We don't get a full view, but I like what I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
                              However, my anxious about A330 is not just because of this tragetic disaster. Personally, I don't have good image with A330, I don't think it is a reliable aircraft. As I know, A330 has got serious problem with its pair of engines for many years.
                              For crying out loud...

I presume you won't fly on 737's or RR Trent powered 777's either, as they have a habit of dropping out of the sky as well....

Comment

Hehehe. Anyone remember the scene from Rain Man where the Dustin Hoffman character refuses to fly board any available US carrier, as every single one has previously been involved in a fatal crash...? Only airline he's prepared to fly - Qantas!

Comment

Working...
                                X