No announcement yet.

Bad experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another complain: SQ reroute SQ2 2 days back, skipping HK. So many paxes from Hk were unable to travel.

One pair of paxes book PE ticket from HK to SFO for 12/8 and since the flight skip HK, they were asking SQ to rebook them. But SQ is saying that the earliest date whereby PE seats is available on SQ2 is 20/aug. if they need to fly earlier, they need to pay fare difference to fly in business class instead. (Actually, it seem like all SQ flight to SFO this week , SQ34/32/2 are almost full in all classes). Think SQ should be able to do better in this case? Maybe arrange via other carriers such as EVA? Or simply ask them to pay a small premium to fly in business (instead of the full fare difference) Imagine you are going for meeting or holiday and SQ is telling you that the next flight is 8 days away?

Comment

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31502239-post114.html

I only have a three flight data pool but I could see an argument for Singapore. The first two flights were regional Business Class flights in Asia:

- SIN-TPE: Ground service at SIN was fine though nothing special. The lounge was very good though really dimly lit. Food was above average as was alcohol. The flight was mixed. I was on a regional A-330-300 which had some of the worst IFE I've seen in the last few years. The seat itself is not very comfortable and I don't want to imagine trying to sleep in it. Food and service were very good though.
      - HKG-SIN: SQ Lounge at HKG is pretty bad, it's like being in a dark cave, food was good though. Same seats as the last flight this time on a 777-200 with better IFE at least. Food and service again very good.

One long haul flight:
      - FRA-JFK: Bad ground handling (contract staff) at FRA. Lounges were good though not SQ's. Service was awful. The menu is a strange breakfast/lunch hybrid so I had cereal and yogurt then duck. Crew was terrible. They kept disappearing, they didn't fulfill requests or got them wrong (I ordered Port which never came, I asked for sparkling water and got still etc.), the second meal was pretty bad. The seat itself on the A-380 is really uncomfortable for lounging unless you have a bulkhead as you can only get one foot in the footwell.

Comment

Someone share the same sediments as me:
        https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31391349-post1.html

SQ First Class - Disappointing
        Flew SQ's First Class on longhaul recently and must admit that the catering and service is on a major decline.

The caviar is served in a very disappointing state and presentation, the soup was cold and not heated properly, the salad was also very basic and poorly presented.

For the price that SQ charges for its First Class product, the value and proposition is not there to justify the high pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
          Someone share the same sediments as me:
          https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31391349-post1.html

Flew SQ's First Class on longhaul recently and must admit that the catering and service is on a major decline.

The caviar is served in a very disappointing state and presentation, the soup was cold and not heated properly, the salad was also very basic and poorly presented.

For the price that SQ charges for its First Class product, the value and proposition is not there to justify the high pricing.
          Hello vsepr, since like you have started to infiltrate this forum after all the ranting (but got all the backlashes) back at flyertalk forum.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
            Hello vsepr, since like you have started to infiltrate this forum after all the ranting (but got all the backlashes) back at flyertalk forum.
            +1 ...

Comment

Well, given this user's last outing here, I'd think the admin can consider doing something...
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

Oh the mother of pearl spoon deprived passenger... I’m glad I’ll never be part of that world of finding fault with indulgent luxury.

Comment

I only have a three flight data pool but I could see an argument for Singapore. The first two flights were regional Business Class flights in Asia:

One long haul flight:

Let me get this right: You have had the grand total of three flights on SQ, two of which were regional Business Class, and from that you have managed to ascertain that 'catering and service is on a major decline' and they charge too much for First ?. Genius.

By the way, sediments are what you find in glasses and bottles of wine.
                  Last edited by MAN Flyer; 10 September 2019, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                    Well, given this user's last outing here, I'd think the admin can consider doing something...
                    This troll is also known as "The Guru". Even managed to get himself up on BT's blog.

https://www.bohtong.org/2019/07/the-...d-airline.html

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Oh the mother of pearl spoon deprived passenger... I’m glad I’ll never be part of that world of finding fault with indulgent luxury.
                      I respect and completely agree with you.

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another.

Comment

But seriously, what is the point of ranting & complaining so much here? Singapore Airlines has this ARROGANT ATTITUDE of thinking that they are already the 'WORLD'S BEST' & 'WORLD'S MOST AWARDED AIRLINE', no other airline in the world is better than them, no matter what other's say, they won't listen, things won't change, so let them be.
                        Last edited by vsepr; 11 September 2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

But seriously, what is the point of ranting & complaining so much here? Singapore Airlines has this ARROGANT ATTITUDE of thinking that they are already the 'WORLD'S BEST' & 'WORLD'S MOST AWARDED AIRLINE', no other airline in the world is better than them, no matter what other's say, they won't listen, things won't change, so let them be.
                          tot you are the one who keep ranting here and in another forum? spam so many threads over the same things...

Comment

So stop flying with them. Stick with the airlines that offer you more caviar to pose next to for your Instagram account.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              So stop flying with them. Stick with the airlines that offer you more caviar to pose next to for your Instagram account.
                              He prefer airlines who provide more meals. Esp those 6hr sleeper service flight which can provide 2 full meals plus snacks.

And to eat more airlines food , he even book a 41 hrs flight to travel from CDG to SIN via QR/CX with layover in Doha/BKK (CDG—> DOH —> BKK —> SIN). Most ppl would rather travel via a 12hr direct flight instead.

Comment

Your underline highlighted text color is getting irritating, ON MANY OF OTHER THREADS TOO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X