No announcement yet.

Whats the advantage being a PPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really for me, though I take Y only on the SIN-KUL-SIN sector. So far have no issues getting the front row (bassinet) aisle seat when flying either SQ or MI on that sector.

I usually just let the system pick a random seat during booking, but I call up the hotline to request for the change. Been doing this for years, before the implementation of the paid set selection. So it may not be a fair comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025
      I will re-qualify for another QPPS-year soon, so PPS is secured until Mid 2019. For 2018 I plan to qualify for LH-Sen.
      Double dipping allows you to qualify for PPS and SEN in parallel - no special effort needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
        Just found out after speaking with Singapore Airlines that what used to be a privilege for PPS members in having the first few rows blocked out in Economy has gone out the window with the introduction of paid seat selection for all Economy passengers when booking their flights.

I was wondering why I could hardly select certain seats 3-4 weeks out for my 2 upcoming flights when in the past it was readily available and that is why

Anyone else experiencing this
        I had a recent booking to MNL,row 31 on the B777-300 (chargeable extra legroom seat) and as I complete the reservation,I wasn’t charged for it.

Unless this is a recent change,my reservation was done on 21/3/18

Comment

To clarify, I'm not saying the first few rows are unavailable to PPS members but just that it's occupied much earlier these days by paying Economy passengers with no status because the new pricing policy allows all passengers to select any seat so long as you are willing to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            Double dipping allows you to qualify for PPS and SEN in parallel - no special effort needed.
            Well, yes know that.....and half way to achieve SEN is done.

On a positive note: Cabin crew seem to have beefed up their efforts significantly during the past 6 month. Quite consistent as well.

Comment

Anyone else experiencing this
              Not really, while rows 31/32 are not generally shown as available, not sure why sometimes they are blocked, sometime not, I do not experience difficulties in finding good seats in the front rows.

Since the emergency rows are complimentary for PPS, I have a quite good success rate to fetch row 48 on the A330.

Comment

Deleted as image was not showing correctly
                Last edited by jonleong; 1 May 2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

This was what I meant. After the introduction of the new fares with immediate seat selection by anyone willing to pay, all the preferred aisle seats have been taken up and this is 4 weeks out

I reconfirmed with SQ that the aisle seats were not blocked but that passengers had been assigned already.

Moderator, why does my photo keep getting edited out?

Comment

Moderator, why does my photo keep getting edited out?
                    i think your url is wrong.

it should be something that ends with .jpg .png etc.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                      i think your url is wrong.

it should be something that ends with .jpg .png etc.

Any idea how to attach photos from Google Photos? I used Picasa previously and had no issues ...

Comment

When you right click the photo, if you are using chrome, there is this "copy image address".

If some other browser, look for something similar.

Comment

When you right click the photo, if you are using chrome, there is this "copy image address".

If some other browser, look for something similar.
                          That's exactly what I did on Chrome but the image disappears after a while even though it shows initially

Comment

That's exactly what I did on Chrome but the image disappears after a while even though it shows initially
                            But your URL doesn’t seem to be right.

Comment

But your URL doesn’t seem to be right.
                              That's the only URL given with the copy image address option from Google Photos. And it seems I can only view this SQTalk image on Chrome and not on other browsers.

Trying again here using Flickr ...

This was what I meant. After the introduction of the new fares with immediate seat selection by anyone willing to pay, all the preferred aisle seats have been taken up and this is 4 weeks out

I reconfirmed with SQ that the aisle seats were not blocked but that passengers had been assigned already.

Comment

Even its clear that this is an A380 seatmap, I tried to figure out which configuration that is, as it seems not somehow tallying with the seatmaps on SQs website.

Anyway, there are some Emergency row seats available which you should be able to pick as PPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X