X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCC Norwegian announces SIN-LGW for $199 One Way

An unexpected entrant into the market!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...n/3691986.html

Wonder if Scoot will follow/preempt Norwegian...

Comment

Waiting for your trip report this coming Sep/Oct onwards.

Comment

Interesting. The rumor mills in January indicated they were looking at a flight from Oslo. Either way, Europe for S$199 is hard to beat!

Comment

Just checked, and for round-trip it's S$519.80 for only 10kg carry-on, and S$699.80 with meals and 1x 20kg checked luggage (all taxes included inside).

Comment

14hrs in 3-3-3 layout in 31-32" pitch.. Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
              Waiting for your trip report this coming Sep/Oct onwards.
              The price certainly seems attractive!

I think those who are willing to pay a relatively high price for a comfortable non-stop flight on a full service carrier like SQ or BA (Who have a good Y product on the SIN-LHR on their A380 and 77Ws) will continue to do so.

But comparing a one-stop option to London on the ME3, I might actually prefer non-stop on Norwegian, even if it is a 9-abreast Dreamliner.

Comment

I wouldn't mind their Y+ product

Very much welcome for the route

Comment

Recently SQ to MUC was being offered for 770S$ all in incl. 30kg luggage and all the usual stuff one expects. I know it is not London, but fot those prices to Europe personally I wouldn't bother with Norwegian or other budget type carriers.

Comment

Some recent coverage in the Straits Times.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...oon-for-changi

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    I wouldn't mind their Y+ product
                    Very much welcome for the route
                    Norwegian Premium (2-3-2) looks pretty good. Looks similar to ScootBiz, which is also 2-3-2.

Originally posted by demue View Post
                    Recently SQ to MUC was being offered for 770S$ all in incl. 30kg luggage and all the usual stuff one expects. I know it is not London, but fot those prices to Europe personally I wouldn't bother with Norwegian or other budget type carriers.
                    That is a very good deal on SQ. Never seen anything as cheap as that on SQ before.

Off-topic, but I also recently got a promotional mailer from Lufthansa with a surprisingly good biz class fare to Europe which went as low as SGD 3489 to London (One stop via Germany). Y promotions are fairly common, but that seems to be a really good deal for J to Europe from SIN, even if it was one-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                      That's exactly what I hoped would happen when MUC went stand alone.

Comment

I also got the LH offer Of S$3.6k to Europe which I thought was very good. That versus S$6k on a good day on SQ I would go for LH. Yes, seat is not awesome and service just okay, but $S2.5k in my pocket gets me over that.

Comment

And this flight is to be reduced to one weekly from April 2017. Booking calendar shows the 1 weekly departure into June. Departure from LGW on Monday morning and departure from SIN on Tues morning. Not sure if it is temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                            And this flight is to be reduced to one weekly from April 2017. Booking calendar shows the 1 weekly departure into June. Departure from LGW on Monday morning and departure from SIN on Tues morning. Not sure if it is temporary.
                            I think you meant April 2018 and not 2017. I just did a rough check on Norwegian's website for a June departure. The departures to LGW are all shifted to a morning departure from Changi with the red eye to London ceasing to exist for June 2018 at least while still maintaining a 4x weekly service.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick_lim View Post
                              I think you meant April 2018 and not 2017. I just did a rough check on Norwegian's website for a June departure. The departures to LGW are all shifted to a morning departure from Changi with the red eye to London ceasing to exist for June 2018 at least while still maintaining a 4x weekly service.
                              Yup. I meant 2018.

Comment

Working...
                              X