How safe is Air China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How safe is Air China?

Im looking for a cheap flight from Europe to Beijing, Air China are the cheapest but wondering just how safe they are to fly??

They're just as safe as any normal airline.

Comment

...and their safety record can be found here.

Welcome to SQTalk.

Comment

Don't just read the safety record of Air China, remember to read also the CAAC (former official airline before Air China)!

It is amazing that the fleets of Air China are very modern. However, for the pilots' quality... Ar... I can't say they are bad, but still get a lot of space to step up.

Comment

Air China is nothing to worry about, China Airlines on the other hand...

Comment

I think, to be honest, every airline is equally safe with the same possible risks. Qantas had several problems in the past few months with both the 747s and A380s, but I think it is still safe. I'd travel on it frequently if they were part of the Star Alliance. We all know about Air India's history, but that airline is doing fairly well too, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
              ...every airline is equally safe with the same possible risks.
              Um...I would strongly disagree with that one. Have you flown a Cambodian carrier recently?
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                Air China is nothing to worry about, China Airlines on the other hand...
                i would have no hesitation flying Air China... unless of course you don't like flight attendants that look like hookers.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Um...I would strongly disagree with that one. Have you flown a Cambodian carrier recently?
                  No, I can't say I have. I heard all about the fact that they never met the saftey needs. But I may travel on it if that happened to be the only airline that goes to my destination.

Actually, I used to be paranoid everytime I was travelling by Pelangi Air (especially with their landings), and this was like almost 20 years ago, but now, I wouldn't mind at all, even though they don't exist now.

People I know stopped flying Qantas (unless they end up having to) because they bought into the whole hype about the problems lately. I think the only thing that'll stop me from flying a certain airline is the type of politics that surrounded Air India in the '80s, which pretty much baited their fleet as possible targets.

Comment

I flew Air China F from LAX to Shanghai (via Beijing). Flight was OK. Food sucked, but flat-bed seat was good. Funny thing is that the captain never spoke a word on the outbound and return flights!

Comment

Working...
                    X