Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
      SKL F - ladies' shower (with workmen outside fixing something!):

SKL F - ladies' toilet:
      Tsk tsk....peeping tom!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        As a side observation, SQ clearly had the opportunity to do something special with their 'home' lounge at T3, but compared with VS @ LHR, QF @ SYD, TG @ BKK and, one presumes, BA at LHR T5 it is a huge let down.
        I couldn't agree more.
        I heard that SQ has invested in lots of $$$ in this new lounge. especially the F and not-yet-open "true F & Suite only" lounges. That includes the research and first hand visits to the competitor famous lounges. But with the actual result of everyone's disappointment of this new F lounge, one wonders whether SQ management will revisit the research and development report. As an example, I wonder whether the person who visited LH F lounge in FRA was really in the First Class Terminal or First Class Lounge. Or may be the travel was on SQ F, thus only could go to LH SENATOR lounge.
        Did they see TG F Lounge shower room with L'Occitane kits or NH F lounges at NRT?
        I heard the new SKL used those expensive marble tables. But if you look at closely, the craftmanship is lacking. The attachment one piece to another piece is not smooth. And yes, the gap at the door could be reduced. I heard the group in charge of this SKL did not think the gap is a problem. They could not peep in nor peep out.
        Of course, the main entrance looks so plain. Compare to T2 SKL, when you enter the lounge, you see a grand looking lobby with a grand looking floor. But for the T3 SKL, you look at plain floor. Not grand marble floor.

And remember, there is no waiter at SKL F. What they have are bus girls who could not speak English much, and one bus boy who speaks English fluently. Don't think they can take orders of food or drinks like those in LH FCT/FCL, VS CH, BA lounges etc. Well, if the management has the idea of the bar tender to go around the lounge to take drink orders, that would be a sad thing.

Note: Sorry for the rant. Lonely Saturday night here.

Comment

• After being in T2 SKL on a few days ago(monday) and am now in T3 SKL(Anybody want to join me? Or show me the F side? ), you really notice the difference and to me there is a "Wah" factor.

I guess it was the expectations and hype that caused me to be disluded in my first visit to T3 SKL early this year. Can'[t wait to see the F side.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
            After being in T2 SKL on a few days ago(monday) and am now in T3 SKL(Anybody want to join me? Or show me the F side? ), you really notice the difference and to me there is a "Wah" factor.

I guess it was the expectations and hype that caused me to be disluded in my first visit to T3 SKL early this year. Can'[t wait to see the F side.
            I was in T2 F 2 weeks ago.. is was way early me and one other pax. Any way decided to freshen up.. and seriously the showers took at least 10 mins to put any hot water out. I thought I was going insane.. how could there be no Hot water in a first class lounge. Anyway... hope T3 is a little more exciting as T2 didnt really set the world on fire. Gotta say J lounge in T3 is nice. But toilet and shower door locks are a bit weird... and showers that cant get past luke warm.. i want it hot! Think QF business lounge showers are a bit better though older.

Comment

• Interested to note that the nice outdoor garden area with the spiral staircase is locked up and the windows frosted to try to stop people looking through !!. There is a notice that says it is temporarily closed for 'further refurbishment'.

I wonder whats happened there?.

Comment

• Where is it exactly?

Comment

• It's the one next to the Transit Hotel and Ambassador Transit lounge.

Comment

It's the one next to the Transit Hotel and Ambassador Transit lounge.
                    Sorry, I don't play near that area. Thus, still can't picture it.

Comment

Interested to note that the nice outdoor garden area with the spiral staircase is locked up and the windows frosted to try to stop people looking through !!. There is a notice that says it is temporarily closed for 'further refurbishment'.

I wonder whats happened there?.
                      Well, just to update this it has now reopened. It's now an enclosed Butterfly Garden, which means the nice views you got, particularly from the upper level are no more, as there is a cover across. Presumably to stop the Butterflies escaping....?!. I only had a brief look and it was pitch black but the view seemed to have gone.

So, that's new covers down the windows in the SATS lounge at T2 and enclosing one of the only two outdoor areas at T3 facing the runway.

Comment

Well, just to update this it has now reopened. It's now an enclosed Butterfly Garden, which means the nice views you got, particularly from the upper level are no more, as there is a cover across. Presumably to stop the Butterflies escaping....?!. I only had a brief look and it was pitch black but the view seemed to have gone.

So, that's new covers down the windows in the SATS lounge at T2 and enclosing one of the only two outdoor areas at T3 facing the runway.
                        Good Lord. Is someone at SIN averse to daylight? Whoever it is, I sentence him to a winter in England.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                        X