Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPA's analysis on the development:
    http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...e-sense-280561

Several interesting points. The situation in IAH is an example of a market where SQ does not have an alternative to UA to provide it with domestic feed, which can be important when the market is down. It's also noteworthy how much larger UA is at both LAX and SFO than VX, AS and B6 combined.

I hope the codeshare is expanded and will eventually lead to a JV. From a consumer perspective, I would rather see more nonstop points such as ORD be added with the two working together, rather than having capacity concentrated into one or two big markets by remaining competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Well, cant beat United's return fare of $888 nett for the first 3 days of 3 June.
      The cheapest Mileage Run, provided one can withstand UA metal for 16 hours straight in Y

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
        The cheapest Mileage Run, provided one can withstand UA metal for 16 hours straight in Y
        I may need to head to SFO in June. If that trip happens, UA 1/2 will be my first choice. I am game to try 16 hours in UA 787 Y at least once.

My last time on UA longhaul was years ago on a 744 with no seatback IFE. At least they had Channel 9. Wonder if Channel 9 is still enabled on the 787's...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          I may need to head to SFO in June. If that trip happens, UA 1/2 will be my first choice. I am game to try 16 hours in UA 787 Y at least once.

My last time on UA longhaul was years ago on a 744 with no seatback IFE. At least they had Channel 9. Wonder if Channel 9 is still enabled on the 787's...
          I was looking for channel 9 on my recent flight (8 May) and was unable to find an option for channel 9. Was on SIN - NRT, 787-900. The controls in Y are all touchscreen based. I've checked under maps and audio and unable to find something remotely resembling ATC / channel 9. Lots of AV selection for the 787-900 though.

Comment

Please tell me your secret to flying Y longhaul, I'll buy you a drink or three when you're back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Please tell me your secret to flying Y longhaul, I'll buy you a drink or three when you're back!!
              Sure thing! And you need to tell me the secret of how to plan those amazing trips of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Lot and lots of alcohol....
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Sure thing! And you need to tell me the secret of how to plan those amazing trips of yours.
                  That's easy... little birdies on SQTalk

Pinkfloyd: Sad, but probably true!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    Lot and lots of alcohol....
                    Well, that's one of the secrets ...

Comment

You would think with all the flying you've done that this would no longer be an option.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        You would think with all the flying you've done that this would no longer be an option.
                        Option? Who knows? If it goes well, UA1/2 may end up being my preferred way to get between SIN and SFO!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          Is it true that United is moving to Changi T2 once the non-stop to/from SFO commences?
                          Indeed, travel alert on Changi's website shows they are moving to T2 next week.

Comment

Option? Who knows? If it goes well, UA1/2 may end up being my preferred way to get between SIN and SFO!
                            I meant in whY.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                              I meant in whY.
                              $imple answer!

Comment

UA1 SFO-SIN first flight today!

Anyone on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X