Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ short of space in T3 at peak periods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
    Perhaps SQ decided to inconvenience the least number of passengers by putting the low density ULR aircraft at the further gate. Also, maybe they thought that passengers wouldn’t mind stretching their legs a bit before being canned into a carbon fiber tube for 18 hours?
    If they were going to do that, might as well go all out and use C23 and C24 But it makes me wonder whether the T3-T1 skytrain is getting any extra passengers, or are they being told to walk all the way there.

On a side note, today's SQ22 went from A15, SQ324 to AMS has the honor of being the C20 departure, SQ237 to MEL is out of C22, and SQ478 out of C1.
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

SQ22 has departed out of C22 two nights in a row already and looks like it's scheduled for C22 again tonight so that makes 3… flying it tomorrow so let's see if that streak holds (and if it does I might as well walk to the Jewel and then clear immigration at T1 lol)

Meanwhile SQ38 is also out of C22 tonight, and was using C20 the past two days

Comment

Flying out of C22 on SQ22. Slightly delayed due to cabin electrical system fault.

Comment

Originally posted by truncated View Post
          SQ22 has departed out of C22 two nights in a row already and looks like it's scheduled for C22 again tonight so that makes 3… flying it tomorrow so let's see if that streak holds (and if it does I might as well walk to the Jewel and then clear immigration at T1 lol)

Meanwhile SQ38 is also out of C22 tonight, and was using C20 the past two days
          Actually makes sense to send these ULR to the T1 gates cos they have the lowest seat count, minimising the chance of "lost passengers".

Hope you managed to clear immigration at T1. The last time I tried something like this those fellows checking boarding passes insisted that I can only enter via the "right" terminal.

Comment

Interestingly, SQ35 is arriving into T2 today.

What do they even do with the ULRs coming off SQ33/35 anyway? Could which remote stand planes are parked in affect the arrival terminal?
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
              Interestingly, SQ35 is arriving into T2 today.

What do they even do with the ULRs coming off SQ33/35 anyway? Could which remote stand planes are parked in affect the arrival terminal?
              If the aircraft doesn't have an immediate turnaround, sometimes they dock at T2. Probably having to do with gate availability. It is also the case with the A380s. Not uncommon to find SQ's A380s docking at T2 for arrivals.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
                Actually makes sense to send these ULR to the T1 gates cos they have the lowest seat count, minimising the chance of "lost passengers".

Hope you managed to clear immigration at T1. The last time I tried something like this those fellows checking boarding passes insisted that I can only enter via the "right" terminal.
                My SQ22 went out of C22 as well, but no issues clearing immigration at T1. Have also cleared immigration at T2 for a T3 flight before (but only because I was bored and wanted the walk).

Also no idea why SQ keeps printing boarding time as T-60 for the ULR flights… we boarded past 11pm for a 2335 departure

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post

Huh strange, I've entered from the "wrong" terminal probably more often than the "right" one and have had no problems!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    If the aircraft doesn't have an immediate turnaround, sometimes they dock at T2. Probably having to do with gate availability. It is also the case with the A380s. Not uncommon to find SQ's A380s docking at T2 for arrivals.
                    When the incoming aircrafts from Europe for example comes in to land at T2 - basically it meant that the next destination for the aircraft would be taking off from T2 ie like the A380 which will be going to India, or the A350 which will be going to regional and even to KUL on its next flight. It doesnt mean that there are no gates at T3.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      When the incoming aircrafts from Europe for example comes in to land at T2 - basically it meant that the next destination for the aircraft would be taking off from T2 ie like the A380 which will be going to India, or the A350 which will be going to regional and even to KUL on its next flight. It doesnt mean that there are no gates at T3.
                      That's true, but SQ A380 flights to DEL & BOM haven't departed T2 for a long time now. What 9V-SPL is highlighting is that SQ A380s may arrive into T2 even though none of them ever depart out of T2 any more.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        In my case I was asking about SQ35, which is a ULR flight. Since the ULRs are used only on the US nonstops, wouldn't logic dictate that SQ35 go to T3 if the plane were to turn around back to the US?
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                          In my case I was asking about SQ35, which is a ULR flight. Since the ULRs are used only on the US nonstops, wouldn't logic dictate that SQ35 go to T3 if the plane were to turn around back to the US?
                          That example you quote is on Monday. Usually there will be 3 ULR sitting on the ground at Changi on Tuesday. (SQ36/34 only operate 3/5/7). So the plane won’t be turning around immediately.

Comment

Working...
                          X