No announcement yet.

EK A380 interior pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where I am coming from, yes i have never traveled in the suites since im only a freshman in college, and at the moment do not have the money, but one day i hope to relax in the suites. I am not putting down Guy Betsy because he prefers Emirates Suites over Singapore. Everyone has their own opinion and is totally entitled to it, But the point that i was trying to bring across is that Singapore Airlines Suites are not Smaller then Emirates. Yes, i have never traveled in the two suites, but anyone with a common sense and an education level of at least 4th grade can clearly see that Singapore Airlines Suite is in fact bigger then Emirates. That is all i was trying to say all along.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
      Yes, i have never traveled in the two suites, but anyone with a common sense and an education level of at least 4th grade can clearly see that Singapore Airlines Suite is in fact bigger then Emirates. That is all i was trying to say all along.
      Anyone with an iota of common sense and openness, never mind a supposed level of education (why 4th grade? not 5th or 3rd? ), would realize that sometimes, first-hand impressions may not hold up to what official data sheets promise.

Bottom line: the best way to insist on your point of view is to come up with your personal experience, the second best is with trusted first-hand testaments. I've seen neither in your posts.

That's all I've been saying, all along.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Anyone with an iota of common sense and openness, never mind a supposed level of education (why 4th grade? not 5th or 3rd? ), would realize that sometimes, first-hand impressions may not hold up to what official data sheets promise.

Bottom line: the best way to insist on your point of view is to come up with your personal experience, the second best is with trusted first-hand testaments. I've seen neither in your posts.

That's all I've been saying, all along.
        You guys are totally missing my point. Never mind then...........

Comment

I think we can conclude that even though the data (from the net as researched by singaporeairlinesboi) suggest that SQ Suites are of bigger size than EK's, based on an actual traveller's experience (in this case Guy Betsy) EK Suite feels less claustrophobic and more thoughtfully designed.
          I haven't tried EK Suite myself, but with regards to the minibar, I wouldn't want just a cupboard to keep the drinks. It should be refrigerated.

Comment

Damn I'd just be happy to get into any one of those Suites! haha I've only been on long-haul Business Class

Comment

Pics of the 'handlebars'

On EK's A345 - F class

and on SQ's A380 - R class

Comment

EK's A380 C Class layout is a staggered layout using the same principles as BA's 8-abreast layout - the principle being that the human body needs more width at the shoulders than at the feet. So, the Brits refer to the seats as "coffins", But BA patented the front/back facing layout.

So what EK did was to stagger the seats so that second row sits half a row ahead of the third row and half a row behind the first row. However, because of the design, the bed length of the window and middle rows is about 80 inches whereas the aisle rows have a bed length of only 70 inches, the 10 inches being given to enable the window/middle row passengers to get in and out.

Well, QF and SQ have about the same seat density on their C class in the A380s. EK has managed to get 14 suites and 76 C class seats and have exactly the same number of Y seats (399) as SQ. Hard to compare with QF as they have a more cramped Y class pitch and 32 premium economy seats.

Comment

Looks like EK suites looks more plush and more higher quality. I dont know never been in either.

Sadly all my routes = 744 Aircrats my destination normally SEA and USA.

But from the pics EK seems to have better quality than SQ.

Comment

I kinda liked this TR via TOF:

http://www.luxurytravelblog.net/The_...rst_Class.html
                    HUGE AL

Comment

I'm looking forward to my upcoming EK A380 F flights. Unfortunately I haven't flown SQ A380 to compare with (although I have done QF A380 F).

Comment

I seen qantas F 380 it sucks dont look good at all.... and they are charging 27k from LAX - SYD

Comment

Have you actually been in it though? It is better than it looks, although I'm the first to admit QF had an opportunity for a stunning first class and chose not to take it. What they've come up with is a nice alternative to an enclosed suite.

Comment

Working...
                          X