Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Business Class Experience - coming this Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Business Class Experience - coming this Saturday!

After dreaming of getting on for many many...months...I have finally redeemed my KF for a one-way upgrade from LHR-SIN SQ317 for 45,000 miles...was offered for SIN-KUL upgrade at 5,000 but didn't think it was worth it....anyway damn, I'm excited! This trip will also mark my departure from *S (obtained just a month ago ) and enter the *G.

So guys, any advise on what I should particularly look forward too? How does the BTC work??

Can't wait to get my ass into the VS CB!

:

Good on ya, mate!

Make sure you pre-assign your seats. Rows 17 and 11 are good (UD), but I think it's impossible to get 17AC unless you're PPS. Still, 17K is fair game. 17 is the emex row and has unlimited space - no obstacles getting into or out of your seat if you're by the window.

BTC - look for the ex-LHR menu on the website, and give SQ a call to organise it. And the best bit is you can (politely) decline your BTC order if the onboard menu looks more appealing.

Enjoy!
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Doubt I can get those seats, according to the officer, there is only 1 business Class seat left! Oh well...I really want to be on the upper deck!

I can't check which seat I'm assigned to as this is not ticketed yet.

Comment

I've never sat in 17A/17C but to be honest, I think 17K is the best for the view.

Someone can confirm but I think it may be possible for SQ317 (which gets into Singapore early in the morning) to BTC and then ask them to serve your BTC instead of the breakfast main item.

Perhaps ask what cuddly toys they have available!

Otherwise, I don't think there's anything else to do other than enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
          Doubt I can get those seats, according to the officer, there is only 1 business Class seat left!
          I would keep checking up until departure. On my JFK-FRA earlier this year, 17H/H opened up a few days prior so I phoned up and moved myself into 17K.

Comment

Oh - can I not do this change of seats online, like in Y?

Comment

I'm not sure. I certainly couldn't but my flight was part of a RTW paper ticket so perhaps that's different ?

Comment

was offered for SIN-KUL upgrade at 5,000 but didn't think it was worth it....
                Firstly, well done

Secondly, if the miles came from Krisflyer, you should have been given the SIN-KUL upgrade for free along with the LHR-SIN upgrade. They're booked "through". A bit late for that now though i fear.

Comment

have a safe trip!

Comment

After dreaming of getting on for many many...months...I have finally redeemed my KF for a one-way upgrade from LHR-SIN SQ317 for 45,000 miles...was offered for SIN-KUL upgrade at 5,000 but didn't think it was worth it....anyway damn, I'm excited! This trip will also mark my departure from *S (obtained just a month ago ) and enter the *G.
                    Have a nice trip!!!!

Always wondering how was it like to be in SIA First Class
                    "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Firstly, well done

Secondly, if the miles came from Krisflyer, you should have been given the SIN-KUL upgrade for free along with the LHR-SIN upgrade. They're booked "through". A bit late for that now though i fear.

Awesome, SQFG! Thanks for letting me know, I called up the KF office in the UK and they have arranged for me for upgrade to First from SIN-KUL! However, I have to collect the paper ticket from the ticketing desk at T3 as they are unable to process this as an e-ticket!

Should I push my SIN-KUL flight so that I can enjoy the SKL F??? Currently my transit time is 50 minutes!

SQtalk, you are a great way to talk!!
                      Last edited by quik!; 9 January 2007, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Should I push my SIN-KUL flight so that I can enjoy the SKL F??? Currently my transit time is 50 minutes!
                        YES. I would. Enjoy yr flights.

Comment

I am glad it worked out! Enjoy ........

Didn't want you shortchanged!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            YES. I would. Enjoy yr flights.
                            The next flight is at 12.30, 4 hours...hmmm ....

Comment

The next flight is at 12.30, 4 hours...hmmm ....
                              It'll pass by in no time.

Comment

Working...
                              X