Scoot TR2 Meal Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoot TR2 Meal Service

Hi, i am flying SIN-SYD on Scoot TR2 this coming Friday. The flight leaves at 1.45am and is scheduled to land in SYD at 12.35pm (if there are no delays). I have bought a meal as the flight is sufficiently long to warrant having one. Of course, i believe almost everyone's preference in such a case will be to have a full meal on the ground in SIN, board, sleep and have the meal just before landing in SYD. Unfortunately, it seems like they serve the meal right after takeoff, which is kind of dumb. I gleaned this from the one trip report i managed to dig up on Google dating from 2014, when Scoot were still using the old 772s. Anyone know if this has been changed? Would appreciate the info so i can plan my meals (and anticipate hunger if necessary while on approach to SYD).

Thanks in advance!

I believe the crew would ask if you would prefer the meal to be served after takeoff or before arrival. At least this was my experience on ScootBiz on BKK-NRT.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      I believe the crew would ask if you would prefer the meal to be served after takeoff or before arrival. At least this was my experience on ScootBiz on BKK-NRT.
      Thanks for the info ycp81. Unfortunately, i am not flying ScootBiz. Hopefully someone who's flown in the back of the bus on the same flight could give an indication.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
        Thanks for the info ycp81. Unfortunately, i am not flying ScootBiz. Hopefully someone who's flown in the back of the bus on the same flight could give an indication.
        I've flown the route a couple of times last year and meals are served before arrival for TR2.

Comment

Originally posted by kai89 View Post
          I've flown the route a couple of times last year and meals are served before arrival for TR2.
          Hi kai89, really appreciate the info! Thanks!

Comment

If anyone’s interested, i flew TR2 ytd and the meal was served around 3 hours before landing in SYD.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
              If anyone’s interested, i flew TR2 ytd and the meal was served around 3 hours before landing in SYD.
              I flew on the return, SYD - SIN. if this is of interest, they served the meal right after take off (which was around 10 pm). What I don't like about these Scoot red eyes is that the meal service takes forever it's impossible to sleep. They go down the line feeding the preorders first, then they do it all over again selling additional meals, stopping to collect payment etc, all the while chirping loudly in impassioned tones "hot meals for sale".

Comment

Working...
              X