No announcement yet.

Free Broadband: Hotel/Hotel Chain List: Please report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a most useful thread. I was trying to book a hotel in Vienna and spent ages and ages trying to find a hotel offering free broadband in the room.

In any case, the Radisson offers free internet in their rooms.
    http://www.radisson.com/

And I am staying at the Das Tyrol, which also offers free broadband.
    http://www.das-tyrol.at/cms/en/dastyrol/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I hope you protested heavily, complained when they asked you to fill in those online hotel surveys asking about how well they did (regarding that silly price), and not only refuse to pay it, but signed up for a free Wireless@SG account that lets you use the Internet all over Changi airport.

Or just go to the SKLs and use the net for free there or anywhere scattered around the terminal.
      Or alternatively deny using the service at all... Many times I have had guests claim they haven't used it, knowing full well they have...

Comment

Lanson Place in Hong Kong offers free internet (both wired and wireless) throughout the property. W Hong Kong has free internet at the lobby for up to 3-hours. The trick is to go to lobby with your laptop to log on for free, then go back to your room to enjoy the free internet for up to 3 hours (repeat it again after 3 hours). Tedious but it is free nonetheless. W Hong Kong is wired wirelessly.
        When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Greets from Riga, Latvia

Hotel Monika Centrum has free wifi hotel-wide

Comment

All Hyatt place in USA have free wifi access.

Furthermore, some of the hilton properties in USA like Conrad Chicago, Hilton Milwaukee have free wifi too. Kinda of a hit and miss with Hiltons in USA because it is not standardized and it is up to the specific property to decide if they want to offer free wifi.

Comment

Conrad Rangali Island has free in-room wifi, although not sure if that would be a priority in the Maldives

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Well done, now here's to hoping we'll see Hilton, IC and Accor follow suit!!

Might be a bit hard convincing SPG...
                The mid market/budget brands of Hilton Group (Hilton Garden Inn), Starwood (Four Points by Sheraton, aLoft by W -- in North America at least), and ICHG (Holiday Inn Express) do offer complimentary in-room internet service.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yep but the internet speed in some Hampton Inns (part of Hilton group) can be downright painful!
                  I would rather pay for a decent internet connection than bearing with free mediocre one.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Yep but the internet speed in some Hampton Inns (part of Hilton group) can be downright painful!
                    I would rather pay for a decent internet connection than bearing with free mediocre one.
                    Or pay for AND put up with crappy internet connection like I did at the Sheraton Diana Majestic Milan. Got a refund on one of the days when the system was down completely, so that wasn't too bad.

Oh and additionally - most if not all Ws do offer complimentary wifi down at the Living Room.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I can't remember which ones but some (current or former) SPGs do have free Internet access (e.g. the former LM Pacific in Tokyo) with some giving reduced or free net access to platinums.

Comment

ibis singapore on Bencoolen has free wifi.

Comment

Free Internet at all Best Western Hotels and Resorts

Best Western has become the latest hotel company to give leisure and business travellers exactly what they want - free unlimited internet access.

Best Western guests no longer have to calculate the real cost of a room as they can all now enjoy unlimited high-speed Internet access, at no additional charge, in the guestrooms and public areas at over 4,000 hotels and resorts around the world.

“Despite the much-discussed industry-wide challenges and complexities going forward, these are exciting times for us. There are undoubted opportunities in the prevailing conditions and we are tailoring strategies accordingly to offer more benefits to our guests including free hi-speed internet access which is one the fundamental needs of today’s travelers,” said Mr. Glenn de Souza, Best Western International Vice President International Operations Asia.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news09...Internet.shtml

Comment

It's really applaudable that the people who have power to initiate change in their hotel chains are taking to heart the feedback they are receiving and providing free Internet access finally. Bravo and well done.

I'll be checking out the new MGallery VIE in BKK tonight and am hoping they've got free net too.

Comment

Currently at the Conrad in Bangkok and they charge you for wifi in the lounge here.

They also told me I have no been here since Feb 2006, so I said I won't be rushing back* if they continue to charge in the lounge. You would have thought with the double whammy Bangkok has had recently they would have wised up by now...

* That's a lie actually as I have a couple of non-refundable January Sale bookings in the next couple of months ...

Comment

The MGallery VIE Bangkok charges for the Internet.

THB19 per minute (!!) up to THB750 per day (ridiculous!)

I refused to use the Internet there and they are crossed off my list the next time I'm in BKK. Furnishings are similar to the Pullman (except Internet is free for the Exec rooms onwards, and 100THB for an hour for non-Execs). Far more reasonable.

On another note, I'm just back from KUL this evening and happy to report that the Novotel Hydro Majestic has free Internet (I used it wirelessly with no problems - you just have to use Internet Explorer to 'enable' it, other browsers won't work on the first try). I'll be back... probably next weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X