Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    When I have been in there it has been totally dead, even at about 11pm on a Friday night. It seems to be busiest during the cocktail period with the delux benefit people getting their free drinks.

I don't think they really care about it anymore, all they are pushing is the new dine in the dark restaurant which is at the back of Bar Su
    So sad to hear.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      I don't think they really care about it anymore, all they are pushing is the new dine in the dark restaurant which is at the back of Bar Su
      The management, or Mr Chapman in particular, really don't seem that interested in the place. It's all about their Jazz stuff in the Living Room, despite the fact that place never seems to have that many in anyway. I like the Living Room, but despite seeming endless high quality Jazz musicians in there it never seems to be that busy after the cocktail hour(s).

BarSu was doing pretty well a couple of years ago when they had the bands on but they stopped the Thursday gigs first and after Cedric left they didnt really replace him properly and it headed south. To be fair they have suffered badly from protests where being at street level never helped.

Shame, as it was absolutely fantastic going back five years plus with the old gang behind the bar, who were, to put it mildly, absolutely nuts.
      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 6 December 2014, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Maybe we should have a reunion there for old time's sake sometime next year, mid next year

Comment

• Park Hyatt Bangkok = TIT At Its Finest!

The last report I heard was an (unbelievable) opening date of October 2014. Somebody told me that slipped to December. However, they are now officially stating, "...we head towards the Opening of this highly anticipated Luxury Hotel in mid 2016."
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            The last report I heard was an (unbelievable) opening date of October 2014. Somebody told me that slipped to December. However, they are now officially stating, "...we head towards the Opening of this highly anticipated Luxury Hotel in mid 2016."
            Definitely a case of "I'll believe it when I see it".

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
              Definitely a case of "I'll believe it when I see it".
              Reminds me of the Airport Rail Link which opened 3+ years after it was supposed to.

Comment

• post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Four Points by Sheraton will fit your budget and requirements if you have nothing more specific than being in BKK.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                    Hi guys.
                    I am looking for a place to stay later this year. There will be 3 of us staying in Bangkok.

Our preference is to have a serviced apartment that is reasonably close to a BTS - if there is a tuk tuk service to and from the BTS, that would be fine.

I think our budget would be around S$150 per night max. Any suggestions?
                    Dropped you a visitor message.

Comment

• Looking for BKK hotels with two double beds in standard rooms (twin). Did take a look at the courtyard by marriott and the Four Points, but any other ideas?

Does anyone has any experience with Holiday Inn Silom? Seems like an old hotel, but its dang cheap though

Comment

• Yep, coz it is really, really old.

Would imagine most to be double beds. Intercontinental ones definitely seem wide enough.

Comment

• For the SGS regulars on here (and those who are not mates with her on Facebook ) unfortunately Nuch has now left BarSu and the SGS. That's the last of the good ones gone now, even if she wasn't one of the original crazy gang.

To add to this the Black Swan, a favourite haunt of Lobster and myself a few hundred yards away, has also now closed (not surprising as that area is worth a fortune for condos/hotels/malls) and has moved to Soi 19 at the side of the Westin. I popped in for a look at the new place and while nice and shiny being new I didn't like it to be honest. The reason the old place was great was it had a number of TV screens to watch different games/sports. The new one only has one.

Comment

• That's sad to hear. Do you know where she's moved on to?

Comment

• Nowhere, she is going to college to study something completely different. She has....I'll try and be diplomatic about this.....been 'swept off her feet' by a gentlemen a little bit older than her and a little bit more money than her. From somewhere in the Middle East I am told.

Comment

• Well good luck to her,

The Black Swan will still get my custom if it still has the giant yorkshire pudding

Comment

Working...
                                X