SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
    Well, FWIW, 9V-SWY has also stopped flying. It's also one of the A333s being brokered for re-lease.
    You mean STY ?

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
      You mean STY ?
      Yup. Typo...

Comment

• POST DELETED

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
          Well, FWIW, 9V-SWY has also stopped flying. It's also one of the A333s being brokered for re-lease.
          STY arrived almost at the same time as STW in Sep '13 so that would make sense for them both to be leaving at the same time I guess. The reinstated STU is still in service, however, so there's another variable to take into account.

Comment

• 9V-STV is currently in the air circling to the east of Singapore as SQ8893. Looks like a test flight.
            Last edited by oliverdave; 14 August 2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
              9V-STV is currently in the air circling to the east of Singapore as SQ8893. Looks like a test flight.
              9V-STV performed the test flight in all white livery.

Comment

• STC, STQ & STU are all still very much in service. These three, along with STZ, are the ones to watch for the next withdrawal. STC just keeps surviving- do people in operations just enjoy saying Tango Charlie too much to let it go?

Comment

• Former 9V-STV (now registered A4O-DZ) was ferried to Muscat yesterday (31AUG19) to join Oman Air's fleet.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Was on the way to a meeting last week and saw 9V-STW in all white except for the reg, waiting to cross over from ST Aerospace to Paya Lebar Airbase. Not sure where its heading to next.

Comment

• A quick update, not sure of this has been shared earlier:
                      In storage/ In preparation to return to lessor: 3 aircraft (STR, STW and STY)

Active in flying: 13 aircraft
                      STC, STQ, STU, STZ, SSA-SSI

MSN 1485 and 1544 (9V-SSA and 9V-SSC) are now listed for sell or operation lease by owner BBAM
                      https://www.myairtrade.com/available/A330
                      Last edited by jul247; 8 September 2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                        A quick update, not sure of this has been shared earlier:
                        In storage/ In preparation to return to lessor: 3 aircraft (STV, STW and STY)

Active in flying: 13 aircraft
                        STC, STQ, STU, STZ, SSA-SSI

MSN 1544 9V-SSC is now listed for sell or operation lease by owner BBAM
                        https://www.myairtrade.com/available/A330
                        In that list 9V-SSA is also available for sale (MSN1485)

2 older ex-SQ A330 also listed (9V-STP n 9V-STS)

Comment

• STV is already with Oman Air. I think you mean STR.
                          Also, that website states that the availability date for SSA is 01/01/20 and 25/07/20 for SSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            In that list 9V-SSA is also available for sale (MSN1485)

2 older ex-SQ A330 also listed (9V-STP n 9V-STS)
                            Yes, missed out on SSA. Amended my original post. Thanks for the correction.

I didn't list STP and STS as they left SQ fleet much earlier to TransAsia, later to Hong Kong Airlines. STS was not taken up after fully repainted in their livery. Sat in storage since Dec 2016, although it flew around the world for long term storage.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                              STV is already with Oman Air. I think you mean STR.
                              Also, that website states that the availability date for SSA is 01/01/20 and 25/07/20 for SSC.
                              Yes, I mean STR currently in storage. Was looking for STV photo after arrival at MCT but couldn't find any. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                                Yes, missed out on SSA. Amended my original post. Thanks for the correction.

I didn't list STP and STS as they left SQ fleet much earlier to TransAsia, later to Hong Kong Airlines. STS was not taken up after fully repainted in their livery. Sat in storage since Dec 2016, although it flew around the world for long term storage.
                                Recall Langdon Asset Management had/has STU, STV, STY, and STZ brokered for sale or lease as well. (your post #184, preceding). STV placed; others not yet.

We may see some A333 withdrawals come 1st October, as three more rotations shift to A359s or 78Xs -- besides the three that shifted 1 September. Doesn't seem like 13 frames will be required....

Comment

Working...
                                X