No announcement yet.

1st 2015 Trip: Taichung/Taipei on 3K and SQ Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese and crackers and a selection of fruits next. I loved the grapes as they are of the Japanese slip-skin variety currently popular in Taiwan (costs a bomb in Singapore!).

Pralines to round off the meal. Coffee/tea orders were taken but were served later due to another bout of turbulence.

My Paris-Singapore tea served after cabin lights were dimmed.

Remainder of the flight was just spent watching another movie, a HK comedy.

Across the cabin.

Soon, we were approaching Singapore, and the usual landing preparations were performed.

Flying over Batam.

My attempt at capturing the Singapore night skyline during approach into Changi, but did not turn out well...

Landing on Rwy02L, slightly later than scheduled due to the slower flying speed and longer than expected flight time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76kWtgPbQLw

This evening, we would be docking at Terminal 2 Gate E27. Parked beside a ANA B787!

Final view of my seat before disembarkation.

A consistently great experience flying Business class on SQ, with warm and attentive service by the crew, good entertainment and amenities on a regional sector, decent catering and comfortable enough seats. What more can one ask for on a 4hr flight!

Thanks for reading and all comments are greatly welcomed!
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Nice TR, ycp81. I will want to try that cod fillet with citrus cream sauce on one of my future flights! Just curious, what was the material of the tray your meals were served on? I always thought Business Class flights meant trayless, restaurant-style table setting. Pretty surprised to see trays here.

Comment

Thanks for the TR!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
          Nice TR, ycp81. I will want to try that cod fillet with citrus cream sauce on one of my future flights! Just curious, what was the material of the tray your meals were served on? I always thought Business Class flights meant trayless, restaurant-style table setting. Pretty surprised to see trays here.
          All SQ flights on the A330, B772, B773 and short-hauls on the B77W/B772ER/A380 have the regional Business Class service, ie. meals served on trays. The trayless settings are only seen on the long-haul aircraft on mid to long haul routes.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Great report, thanks for sharing.

Is this the same jetair flight that yflyer took that was written in his trip report? Deciding between jetair or sq currently. no need for ife but seats seem to be a problem in your description, Still it's only a 4 1/2hr flight, so it's not exactly a hardship for me. We might end up flying cx to burn some miles.

So much eating. . Which markets do you like best? Do these markets only open at night?

Thanks.

Comment

I've flown the same routing on them as well. Never again.... 4.5hrs in that seat is painful unless you get the EMEX rows

Comment

Thank you, 9v-Jkl. Sq or Eva I think. If it was me, I'd be able to manage the seats. But it's my mom who is travelling, so best to get her a comfy seat.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  Thank you, 9v-Jkl. Sq or Eva I think. If it was me, I'd be able to manage the seats. But it's my mom who is travelling, so best to get her a comfy seat.
                  You could consider Scoot Biz for your mom

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    For BR on SIN-TPE route, you'll get the B773ERs which are 1-2-1 seating.
                    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Working...
                    X