No announcement yet.

SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there’s officially only one STx aircraft remaining...STC.
    How odd.

Comment

• So now the only STx left in service is the indefatigable STC. SSA has now stopped flying and SSB likely will before the end of the financial year, so probably the eight remaining will be SSC-I & STC.

If all of the second order are on 6 year leases, SSI will likely be withdrawn from service around July 2021, not long after SSH. So far withdrawal from service has been fairly consistently around 2 months prior to the date of joining the fleet 6 years earlier. From here on we could expect an A330 departure around every 3 months until the last two of the SSx series leave almost together. STC however... who knows!

Comment

• SSI is currently under repair in YGN I supposed, but it seems SIA's A330 flights are somewhat quite unaffected other than some frames are doing more work back to back. SSH seems to be working hard.

Just curious, I believe SSI was on a turnaround flight such that food and towels are brought from Singapore for the return flight. But upon landing at YGN SSI got damaged and have been grounded for 11 days.

My question is, what happens to that return flight food and the used towels from the onward flight? Would it be transferred to the rescuing 777 (SVB) or simply disposed in YGN since I believe SIA wouldn't have catering/laundry contracts in YGN.

Worse, it is still in the grounded SSI?

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
          My question is, what happens to that return flight food and the used towels from the onward flight? Would it be transferred to the rescuing 777 (SVB) or simply disposed in YGN since I believe SIA wouldn't have catering/laundry contracts in YGN.

Worse, it is still in the grounded SSI?
          I would expect them to use the food since there’s no reason I know of that they wouldn’t.

Comment

• Would bthat the ferrying aircraft to bring back the stranded pax would have been loaded with fresh meals. The meals of the grounded aircraft would have been disposed off in Yangon.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
              I would expect them to use the food since there’s no reason I know of that they wouldn’t.
              I would think there's a food safety issue and that there is no handling contract in YGN to even transfer between both planes.

Trying not to go off topic here. Guess we should end discussion about this here.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                Not sure of the flight numbers but the routes they currently fly are:
                YGN
                HAN
                MAA
                DAC
                KIX
                SUB
                DPS
                KUL
                BKK
                HKG
                AMD
                BUS
                We can now add ADL and CTS to that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  So now the only STx left in service is the indefatigable STC. SSA has now stopped flying and SSB likely will before the end of the financial year, so probably the eight remaining will be SSC-I & STC.

If all of the second order are on 6 year leases, SSI will likely be withdrawn from service around July 2021, not long after SSH. So far withdrawal from service has been fairly consistently around 2 months prior to the date of joining the fleet 6 years earlier. From here on we could expect an A330 departure around every 3 months until the last two of the SSx series leave almost together. STC however... who knows!
                  I finally discovered the issue with STC compared with the newer A330s, the seat belt in J class, is half the length of the others. This was quite common in the older A330s. It makes the seat super uncomfortable for larger sized people like me... why would they still keep STC....sigh...

Comment

• 9V-SSI "snuck back" from Yangon yesterday maintaining 9000ft and flying very slow. Flight from YGN took 4+ hours.

Comment

• 9V-STU just departed SIN and is headed for SHJ as SQ8893.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        9V-STU just departed SIN and is headed for SHJ as SQ8893.
                        It’s still registered 9V-STU. Anyone know what it’s going to Sharjah for? Storage?

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                          It’s still registered 9V-STU. Anyone know what it’s going to Sharjah for? Storage?
                          She is going to Beja. Should be heading for a 2nd life with Hifly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                            She is going to Beja. Should be heading for a 2nd life with Hifly.
                            Correct.

9V-STU will become 9H-HFC
                            9V-STZ will become 9H-HFE
                            9V-SSB will become 9H-HFF

HiFly has uploaded their LOPA on their website:
                            https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfc/
                            https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfe/
                            https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hff/

Now SQ A330 fleet is down to last 10, with one 9V-SSA in storage now.

Peaked at 34, out of 24 which have retired, only following are now orphaned:
                            MSN 1157 9V-STS
                            MSN 1447 9V-STW
                            Last edited by jul247; 19 December 2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                              Correct.

9V-STU will become 9H-HFC
                              9V-STZ will become 9H-HFE
                              9V-SSB will become 9H-HFF

HiFly has uploaded their LOPA on their website:
                              https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfc/
                              https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfe/
                              https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hff/

Now SQ A330 fleet is down to last 10, with one 9V-SSA in storage now.

Peaked at 34, out of 24 which have retired, only following are now orphaned:
                              MSN 1157 9V-STS
                              MSN 1447 9V-STW
                              9V-SSI won't be flying for some time too, so effectively 9 operational planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
                                9V-SSI won't be flying for some time too, so effectively 9 operational planes.
                                Thanks for the heads up. That would be 8 actually. 9V-SSA is also stored for some time. Not sure how long 9V-SSI will be out of action for. It was shuttled back 0n 14th Dec 2019, highest altitude was 9,150ft. The damage must be pretty serious. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...v-ssi#232e11aa

Comment

Working...
                                X