No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWZ is currently flying SQ866/865 to HKG, without even a hatch as 8877. It has not flown for exactly 6 weeks. Anyone got a clue whether SWZ is a 77WR or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Anyone got a clue whether SWZ is a 77WR or not?
      I believe it is --

Code:
      DOSQ866/16JUL
      * OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SQ 866    0 SU 16JUL17   
      CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

SIN  LEFT THE GATE                              1305            
           TOOK OFF                                   1324            
           ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  1653     HKG    
      *1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SQ 866    0 SU 16JUL17 ASM
      APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
      SIN          1305  SU FAZCJUDSTPY/M       77W         4:00      
                            BEMHWQNVGLK/M                             
      HKG 1705  SU                                                4:00
      COMMENTS-
       1.SIN HKG   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                               
       2.SIN HKG   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1                               
       3.SIN HKG   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                 
       4.SIN HKG   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
       5.SIN HKG   - CABIN Y- PREMIUM EYCL IS AVAIL ON SELECTED FLTS  
       6.SIN HKG   - F4J48S28Y184                                     
       7.SIN HKG   -  CO2/PAX* 182.42 KG ECO, 182.42 KG PRE           
       (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                  
      CONFIGURATION-
                     77W  F   4   J  48   S  28   Y 184

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
        I believe it is --

Code:
        DOSQ866/16JUL
        * OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            SQ 866    0 SU 16JUL17   
        CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

SIN  LEFT THE GATE                              1305            
             TOOK OFF                                   1324            
             ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  1653     HKG    
        *1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              SQ 866    0 SU 16JUL17 ASM
        APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
        SIN          1305  SU FAZCJUDSTPY/M       77W         4:00      
                              BEMHWQNVGLK/M                             
        HKG 1705  SU                                                4:00
        COMMENTS-
         1.SIN HKG   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                               
         2.SIN HKG   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1                               
         3.SIN HKG   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                 
         4.SIN HKG   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
         5.SIN HKG   - CABIN Y- PREMIUM EYCL IS AVAIL ON SELECTED FLTS  
         6.SIN HKG   - F4J48S28Y184                                     
         7.SIN HKG   -  CO2/PAX* 182.42 KG ECO, 182.42 KG PRE           
         (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                  
        CONFIGURATION-
                       77W  F   4   J  48   S  28   Y 184
        ExpertFlyer shows the same as of now. Just a little surprised and perplexed why unlike other A/C, it did not hatch as 8877 after 6 weeks.

Comment

• Ok, so SWZ according to iCargo is headed for LHR, meaning reporting at the same gate stand and most likely going there. Usually we see that as a nailed-on 77WR. So SWZ is our next 77WR, even without an air-test.

Comment

• SWU is also suppose to hatch by this week because refits took place 1 week apart. Let's see if it is like SWZ without the A/T. Presently, doesn't look like any other 77W or 77WN will go out of service til SQ2/1 switch on Friday. This is just a guess but we shall see.

Comment

SWU is also suppose to hatch by this week because refits took place 1 week apart. Let's see if it is like SWZ without the A/T. Presently, doesn't look like any other 77W or 77WN will go out of service til SQ2/1 switch on Friday. This is just a guess but we shall see.
              I will be on board SQ2 next week, and I could notice the lay out has been changed row 11-14 in the first section of J class, instead of a 'mini F' of row 11-12. So will be interesting to see which 77WN will I be flying (hopefully the new 9V-SNx).

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                I will be on board SQ2 next week, and I could notice the lay out has been changed row 11-14 in the first section of J class, instead of a 'mini F' of row 11-12. So will be interesting to see which 77WN will I be flying (hopefully the new 9V-SNx).
                I suppose you mean 77WR instead of 77WN?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                  Or hope for SWZ too. As the above poster said SQ2 will be changed to a 77WR aka 4-class 77W

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                    I suppose you mean 77WR instead of 77WN?
                    Yes Sir, I meant 77WR

Comment

Or hope for SWZ too. As the above poster said SQ2 will be changed to a 77WR aka 4-class 77W
                      Yes, all the young fleets

Comment

• There probably isn't any difference in the seat given it will be a 77WR. The only difference in the 77WR fleet would be which wifi system: only SWZ, SNA, SNB and SNC have the new time-based T-Mobile wifi which is a lot cheaper and faster. All the other 77WRs feature the old, slow and incredibly expensive OnAir system. Our resident 77W fanatic should be able to confirm/correct my information Otherwise, the only other difference i can think of would be the condition of the seats/toilets.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                          There probably isn't any difference in the seat given it will be a 77WR. The only difference in the 77WR fleet would be which wifi system: only SWZ, SNA, SNB and SNC have the new time-based T-Mobile wifi which is a lot cheaper and faster. All the other 77WRs feature the old, slow and incredibly expensive OnAir system. Our resident 77W fanatic should be able to confirm/correct my information Otherwise, the only other difference i can think of would be the condition of the seats/toilets.
                          Yup, and SQ2/1 has been used to getting the 77WN which had the time-based system. Hopefully even if the 77WN are 77WR I hope they'll get to put the time based ones often on the same route, but I can't say anything on that. Otherwise I see it to be a gamble between OnAir (volume) and T-Mobile (time). Although I'm not sure of what SQ plans to do with Wifi, I wish every 77W would have the time based system unless OnAir has something similar. Hint: If you're bothered about the type of Wifi you're expecting, you'll know if there's a hump installed on top of the second door. Don't worry about the maps, I have no time to question any of them.

But even then, put it this way, the new seats at least in my experience were the most comfortable compared to any airline I've flown. You'll love the new products trust me! loldude333 I have no clue about the toilets. A 77WR is a 77WR and it's not dependent on the Wifi system, just the aircraft configuration.

Comment

• That's why i said that the only other thing one might be concerned about when wanting newer vs older 77WRs would be the CONDITION of the seats/toilets. But even so, SQ is pretty good at keeping its seats/toilets in good condition, so i wouldn't worry much.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                              That's why i said that the only other thing one might be concerned about when wanting newer vs older 77WRs would be the CONDITION of the seats/toilets. But even so, SQ is pretty good at keeping its seats/toilets in good condition, so i wouldn't worry much.
                              Gotcha! My apologies I misread that part.

Comment

• No worries.

Comment

Working...
                                X