No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a large amount of snow at MAN today. Many shops, schools etc are closed. The airport is running at a reduced capacity. It is possible that SQ51 will be delayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Lots of luck with that request...

The pilot project (excuse the pun!) is known as the Canine Rotational Aeronautics Program.

F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        There is a large amount of snow at MAN today. Many shops, schools etc are closed. The airport is running at a reduced capacity. It is possible that SQ51 will be delayed.
        Indeed it is. SQ51|01MAR (9V-SMI) just departed MAN.

STA: 0755
        ETA: 1021
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ306|02MAR (SIN-LHR) is cancelled.
          Last edited by 9V-SPL; 2 March 2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• SQ26|01MAR (SKR) departed SIN, arrived early into FRA but has been cancelled for the second leg to JFK. SKP is heading in the opposite direction as SQ25, showing as delayed into FRA.

LH400 FRA-JFK dep. 1050 and LH422 FRA-BOS dep. 1055 have also been cancelled, as has UA961 FRA-EWR dep. 1105 (all 02MAR departures).

Comment

• The weather is worse in MAN than it was yesterday. SQ52 will most probably be delayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                SQ26|01MAR (SKR) departed SIN, arrived early into FRA but has been cancelled for the second leg to JFK. SKP is heading in the opposite direction as SQ25, showing as delayed into FRA.

LH400 FRA-JFK dep. 1050 and LH422 FRA-BOS dep. 1055 have also been cancelled, as has UA961 FRA-EWR dep. 1105 (all 02MAR departures).
                More cancellations today.

Due to adverse weather conditions in New York, the following flights have been cancelled:

Date Flight Number Route Status
                2 March 2018 SQ26 Frankfurt - New York Cancelled
                2 March 2018 SQ25 New York - Frankfurt Cancelled

Customers booked on the affected flights will be re-accommodated on alternative flights or provided with accommodation. Efforts will be made to contact affected customers.

Flights SQ26 from Singapore to Frankfurt and SQ25 from Frankfurt to Singapore on 2 March 2018 are currently to due operate as scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                  https://www.channel8news.sg/news8/la...y/3970116.html

Wonder what is going to happen to those crew who caused the delay...
                  Do you mind elaborating for those who are less inclined to understand Mandarin?

Using google translate, I gleaned that the crew wanted to buy portable wifi devices? And there was a security breach somewhere along the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post

Due to adverse weather conditions in New York, the following flights have been cancelled:

Customers booked on the affected flights will be re-accommodated on alternative flights or provided with accommodation. Efforts will be made to contact affected customers.

Flights SQ26 from Singapore to Frankfurt and SQ25 from Frankfurt to Singapore on 2 March 2018 are currently to due operate as scheduled.
                    I was browsing Flightradar24 with a filter for SQ flights this morning and there was just a single SQ aircraft over the Atlantic, operating MAN-IAH. Figured that SQ 26 was cancelled due to weather in the northeast. Where I'm based in the NE US, high winds over 60 km/h have led to office closures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                      Do you mind elaborating for those who are less inclined to understand Mandarin?

Using google translate, I gleaned that the crew wanted to buy portable wifi devices? And there was a security breach somewhere along the way?
                      Hmm my Mandarin is pretty elementary, so I may have gotten the finer details incorrect... However, from what I understand, apparently the crew left the secure area of the airport to (via the Air Crew/staff exit) to head to the Airport Shopping Center for some shopping, and after their purchase proceeded to head back to departure. One of the staff/personnel working at HKIA told they they could head up to Level 5 of the terminal and enter the departure/secure area via the staff entry, thereby skipping security queues. When they got to the entry point and tried to go in, one of the crew only realised he/she forgot to bring along his/her Air Crew/Secutiry ID, and that’s when police, etc got involved thinking it was a security breach...

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                        Hmm my Mandarin is pretty elementary, so I may have gotten the finer details incorrect... However, from what I understand, apparently the crew left the secure area of the airport to (via the Air Crew/staff exit) to head to the Airport Shopping Center for some shopping, and after their purchase proceeded to head back to departure. One of the staff/personnel working at HKIA told they they could head up to Level 5 of the terminal and enter the departure/secure area via the staff entry, thereby skipping security queues. When they got to the entry point and tried to go in, one of the crew only realised he/she forgot to bring along his/her Air Crew/Secutiry ID, and that’s when police, etc got involved thinking it was a security breach...
                        Thanks wlgspotter. This is about right. Luke Tan’s blog suggests that the crew may have implicated the ground staff too. Crew apparently asked to resign. http://www.bohtong.org/2018/03/hkg-g...n-trouble.html

Comment

• ZRH again - SQ346 departed past 11am. Originally scheduled to be operated by SKN ex SQ321, ended up being picked up by SKI ex BOM

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                            ZRH again - SQ346 departed past 11am. Originally scheduled to be operated by SKN ex SQ321, ended up being picked up by SKI ex BOM
                            The flight was re-timed multiple times. From 0130 to 0415 to 0715 to 1000 and finally 1100.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                              Thanks wlgspotter. This is about right. Luke Tan’s blog suggests that the crew may have implicated the ground staff too. Crew apparently asked to resign. http://www.bohtong.org/2018/03/hkg-g...n-trouble.html
                              Thanks for the confirmation @tth_ben that I got (at least most of it) correct!

But wow, seemed like this is being dragged out quite a bit heh? It is really sad if the ground engineer is indeed implicated and sacked (and lost his pension) as a result... TBH when I read that they managed to get through Security without their passes I thought someone could be in trouble, but never expected to be a ground engineer let alone someone who is retiring soon...
                              Last edited by wlgspotter; 5 March 2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post

According to the news here: https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...BDz1M.facebook - more bad weather is being anticipated for 11 and 12 March 2018 for the east coast. Wonder if that will affect flights for FRA-JFK vv and MAN-IAH vv yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X