Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MEL] SQ - Silver Kris Lounge (Business Class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MEL] SQ - Silver Kris Lounge (Business Class)

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

this lounge was tiny when I was there, but it had cans of Solo (Australian Lemon Squash) so I was sold immediately!

Comment

Rumor has it that this lounge is due for refurbishment before end of the year. Unconfirmed reports also mentioned that the temporary lounge will be one of the star alliance lounges (no, not that pretty one downstairs ).

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
        Rumor has it that this lounge is due for refurbishment before end of the year.
        Never mind refurbing it, they'd be better closing it and starting again, preferably somewhere with a bit of natural light. The F side is a truly grim place.

Comment

They should have organised something with the terminal extensions really
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Never mind refurbing it, they'd be better closing it and starting again, preferably somewhere with a bit of natural light. The F side is a truly grim place.
            Unfortunately, Melbourne Airport don't have airport lounges as priority in their future expansion, hence SQ is stuck on the current location. They were supposed to get the new lounge when Melbourne airport did their extension few years back. However, EK managed to outbid them and get their current lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
              Unfortunately, Melbourne Airport don't have airport lounges as priority in their future expansion, hence SQ is stuck on the current location. They were supposed to get the new lounge when Melbourne airport did their extension few years back. However, EK managed to outbid them and get their current lounge.
              I've heard EY and VA will be building a new lounge between gates 18 & 20 at MEL, where the new extension is located and near where most of SQ's A380 flights depart from (usually Gate 14 or 16). I think SQ pax will also be allowed to use the lounge as the alliance between SQ & VA take affect.

I hope your not talking about the UA Club next door as the temporary lounge!

Other than that there's a lot of variety at MEL, if you are also members of other Airlines FF or Alliances (mainly OW). Out of all of them, if you can get into the QF First lounge, its simply the best.

Star Alliance Lounges:
              - Air New Zealand Lounge
              - Singapore Airlines Silver Kris
              - United Club

oneworld Lounges:
              - Cathay Pacific Lounge
              - Malaysia Airlines Golden Club
              - Qantas First
              - Qantas Club

- Emirates Lounge

Comment

Confirmed, UA is the temporary lounge.

Dear LZ-HMI,

We wish to inform you that the SilverKris Lounge at Melbourne Airport will be undergoing renovation works from 14 January until March 2013.

In order to minimise an inconvenience to you during the renovation period, we have made arrangements with our Star Alliance partner, United Airlines, for you to use their lounge, which is located at the T2 Satelitel Arrival Level.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these arrangements, and thank you for your understanding.

Comment

of course anyone with a brain will head over to the NZ lounge.

United lounge, hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                    of course anyone with a brain will head over to the NZ lounge.

United lounge, hilarious
                    Ugh. I'm there next month, but is the NZ lounge open in the afternoon for SQ228 though? (and surely the UA lounge can't be worse than the old SQ lounge... which was pretty basic)

Comment

the nz lounge is open all day afaik. there is a Tg afternoon departure that they cover. the nz lounge Is host for to quite a few airlines including several non star alliance

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                        Ugh. I'm there next month, but is the NZ lounge open in the afternoon for SQ228 though? (and surely the UA lounge can't be worse than the old SQ lounge... which was pretty basic)
                        NZ lounge is definitely open and although I haven't used the UA lounge I agree it cannot possibly be as bad as that grim SKL F. It the NZ lounge wasn't available I'd rather go upstairs and sit in a bar or cafe paying for my food and drinks than sit in the SKL.

Comment

NZ lounge is definitely open
                          No it isn't. It closes for an hour after the TG flight is called around 14:30, and until the first NZ evening pax arrives. Managed to swig a swift glass of savvy b, before being politely turfed out to the UA lounge. This is about the same size as the SKL. Not quite as dingy, but that's not saying much. Certainly not enough room for a Whalejet full of premium pax...

Comment

NZ lounge is definitely open and although I haven't used the UA lounge I agree it cannot possibly be as bad as that grim SKL F. It the NZ lounge wasn't available I'd rather go upstairs and sit in a bar or cafe paying for my food and drinks than sit in the SKL.
                            The last two times I have been going out of MEL - since the lounge closed - I have been given a $40 voucher for the cafe at the end of Duty Free. The Vine, I think. So I could sit there, see some daylight and enjoy some food and drink and not have to pay.

Comment

Evening All

Just wondering if anyone has heard any updates on the SKL semi facelift at Melbourne (even though it needed more than a facelift). I know it is sometime in March but thought some of the more well informed might have an update.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X