Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    SQ1|11JAN (SFO-HKG-SIN) operated by 9V-SWY was diverted to HND

Understand that it is for refuelling stop due to the additional flight time due to the volcano ash over the pacific ocean. (some CX flight from SFO also being diverted)

STD from HK: 0800 (13/JAN)
    ATD from HK: 1244 (13/JAN)
    ETA (SIN): 1604 (13/JAN)
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but SQ1’s routing the past week seems longer than usual, despite this time of year being dominated by headwinds. On most days it’s been doing 15hrs+.
    a slight addition in flight time on 13jan necessitated a refueling stop... does that suggest 15+hrs is around the limit for a full load 77W

Comment

• SQ from SFO-HKG usually have a load restriction mainly in the cargo carried as at times it takes close to 16 hours. However on 13 Jan was different as due to the vulcano eruption is Philippines which necessitated a slight diversion and possible delays and hence a tech stop for refuelling.

Comment

• There is an advisory on 13/Jan which blocked a large part of flight path on the Pacific Ocean route. It need to reroute near to Taiwan which result in the technical stop. I think the plane can actually travel to HKG without technical stop via the diverted route but there won’t be any reserve fuel.

As for the flight time it does vary from 14hrs to 15hrs depending on wind n weather?

Comment

• As for the flight time it does vary from 14hrs to 15hrs depending on wind n weather?[/QUOTE]

Flight time is usually between closer to 15 hrs to near 16 hrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            As for the flight time it does vary from 14hrs to 15hrs depending on wind n weather?
            Flight time is usually between closer to 15 hrs to near 16 hrs.[/QUOTE]

Not usually quite that long (I do this frequently in the Northern Winter): more like what sbs2716g says. For example, SQ1 -- 13th (departure date from SFO, after midnight) -- wheels up to touchdown: 14 hours, 13 minutes. Route via Alaska, the Bering Strait, Russia (Sea of Okhotsk) and China. Flight 1 in winter seems to do best when operated via Russia, as opposed to via the Aleutian Islands and along the Japanese coast.

Comment

• SQ447|14JAN (DAC-SIN) operated by 9V-SSF diverted to BKK due medical.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                Flight time is usually between closer to 15 hrs to near 16 hrs.
                Not usually quite that long (I do this frequently in the Northern Winter): more like what sbs2716g says. For example, SQ1 -- 13th (departure date from SFO, after midnight) -- wheels up to touchdown: 14 hours, 13 minutes. Route via Alaska, the Bering Strait, Russia (Sea of Okhotsk) and China. Flight 1 in winter seems to do best when operated via Russia, as opposed to via the Aleutian Islands and along the Japanese coast.[/QUOTE]

Yours is better as my 2 flights was longer the first time took 14 hrs 45 mins and the 2nd time in 2018 took a near whopping 15 hours 40 mins.

Comment

• SQ918 delayed by more than 7 hours. From 19:10 to 2:30am. Upon calling the call centre they say the airport is closed but MNL seems to be operating normally.

Comment

• I have just seen SQ207 in Adelaide. Melbourne airport is closed due to the bush fire smoke and bad weather.

I was at MEL on Monday and the smoke was bad then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                      SQ918 delayed by more than 7 hours. From 19:10 to 2:30am. Upon calling the call centre they say the airport is closed but MNL seems to be operating normally.
                      Most likely due to space issue as MNL is trying to clear the backlog thus no space to park the plane over night. Or maybe SQ does not want to park the plane over night due to the possibility of volcano ash or maybe the crews don’t want to do turnover instead of staying at MNL?

On 13/Jan, someone took a video of workers washing 9V-SCD at MNL to remove the ash.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                        Most likely due to space issue as MNL is trying to clear the backlog thus no space to park the plane over night. Or maybe SQ does not want to park the plane over night due to the possibility of volcano ash or maybe the crews don’t want to do turnover instead of staying at MNL?

On 13/Jan, someone took a video of workers washing 9V-SCD at MNL to remove the ash.
                        Second day in a row they do this. Infuriating and disruptive without reason if this is the case.

Comment

• SQ322|15JAN (SIN-LHR) originally operated by 9V-SKV will be delayed due to technical issues requiring aircraft change. 9V-SKY will operate this flight instead.
                          STD: 2345
                          ETD: 0120

SQ346|16JAN (SIN-ZRH) originally operated by 9V-SKY will be delayed as a result of aircraft swap with SQ322. 9V-SKV will now operate this flight.
                          STD: 0130
                          ETD: 0215
                          Last edited by Not You; 16 January 2020, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            I have just seen SQ207 in Adelaide. Melbourne airport is closed due to the bush fire smoke and bad weather.

I was at MEL on Monday and the smoke was bad then.
                            SQ208 left MEL 5.5 hours late and arrived into SIN almost exactly 5 hours late at 0504. Going to be a lot of missed connections...

Probably more likely the chaos was caused by storm activity than smoke though from what I’ve read (not at home currently).

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                              Second day in a row they do this. Infuriating and disruptive without reason if this is the case.
                              Doesn't surprise me nor is it unique to SQ. On the night of 14-15 January, the late night CX939 flight due to depart HKG for MNL was re-timed for the 0400-ish in the morning.
                              Last edited by hybridace101; 16 January 2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• SQ918|16JAN (SIN-MNL) to be operated by 9V-SCD has been retimed for the 3rd day straight.
                                STD: 1910
                                ETD: 0230|17JAN

Comment

Working...
                                X