• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX C Menus

Zurich to Bangkok

LATE NIGHT SUPPER

First courses
    Duet of venison and turkey wrapped in air-dried beef, on pear and quince chutney, accompanied by sauerkraut salad with saffron

Carrot soup with a hint of curry and ginger

Main course
    Fillet of beef with a mustard crust on fig sauce, served with broccoli, Vichy carrots and semolina galettes

or

Vegetable capuns - a speciality of canton Grison spaetzle wrapped in chard on Mornay sauce, accompanied by beans, vegetables and tofu

Cheeses
    Selection of swiss cheeses

Dessert
    A sweet dream

Swiss chocolates
    Coffee and a selection of teas

The flexible option
    Choose between a lighter meal of antipasti, warm soup and cheese or enhance your selection by adding the main course and dessert. The choice is yours.

Galley snack
    A selection of snacks and soups is available throughout the flight from the galley.

BREAKFAST

Fresh seasonal fruit
    Selection of yoghurts

Omelette with veal chipolata, diced tomatoes and spinach

or

Apple clafoutis

or you may prefer our cold selection
    Roast veal, air-dried beef and Gruyere cheese

Assortment of breakfast breads served with butter and preserves

Bangkok to Singapore

LIGHT MEAL

Fresh seasonal salad

Roast chicken breast in ginger sauce served with carrots and pumpkin

or

Grilled sea bass with tomato salsa, accompanied by spinach fettucine

A selection of fresh fruits
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

LX C ZRH-BKK-SIN June 2007

Zurich to Bangkok

LATE NIGHT SUPPER

First courses
    Vegetable terrine with a sour cream and wasabi mousse accompanied by marinated king prawn with lime mayonnaise and green papaya, carrot and chilli julienne

Warm summer bean soup

Main course
    Sauteed Fillet of beef topped with a tomato and tamarind chutney, pak choy in coconut milk, potato gratin and a jus lie

or

Apple, vegetable and cheese roesti

Cheeses
    Selection of swiss cheeses with pear bread

Dessert
    A sweet dream

Swiss chocolates

The flexible option
    Choose between a lighter meal of antipasti, warm soup and cheese or enhance your selection by adding the main course and dessert. The choice is yours.

Galley snack
    A selection of snacks and soups is available throughout the flight from the galley.

BREAKFAST

Fresh seasonal fruit
    Selection of yoghurts

Scrambled eggs served with turkey schnitzel and herb diced tomatoes.

or

Rhubarb clafoutis

or you may prefer our cold selection
    Chicken breast and smoked beef accompanied by Gruyere and Camembert cheese

Assortment of breakfast breads served with butter and preserves

Bangkok to Singapore

LIGHT MEAL

Carrot and papaya salad with green asparagus

Baked chicken breast in a creamy mushroom sauce served with sauteed zucchini, grilled red bell pepper and spinach fettucini

or

Sweet and sour snapper accompanied by bok choy in oyster sauce and steamed rice

Comment

Don't you think SQ menu looks better and more appetising than LX for this BKK-SIN segment?

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
      Bangkok to Singapore

LIGHT MEAL

Carrot and papaya salad with green asparagus

Baked chicken breast in a creamy mushroom sauce served with sauteed zucchini, grilled red bell pepper and spinach fettucini

or

Sweet and sour snapper accompanied by bok choy in oyster sauce and steamed rice

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      light meal menu

A Savoury Note
      Smoked chicken with romaine lettuce
      served with grated parmesan cheese and celery garlic dressing

The Main Event
      Cannelloni of braised beef-chopped spinach with barley in red wine sauce*

Fried salmon with spicy tomato sauce, Chinese greens, carrots, capsicums and noodles

Gaeng khew *** moo
      Thai style green curry of pork seasonal vegetables and steamed rice

A Sweet Note
      Fresh fruit selection

A Connoisseur's Choice
      Courmet coffee
      Selection of tea

*Exclusively created by Gordon Ramsay, London

Comment

It get worse in Y.
        The dessert cake was just on a piece of cake 'paper' sitting on the tray itself. On SQ, it at least sits in a bowl.

Comment

I see.. Hmm hope the pictures will be posted. Again, may be I should try LX next time just for the comparison' sake.

Comment

To clarify: I was refering to the SIN-BKK-SIN legs. Sorry..... I didn't take any pics.

Comment

Yes, I am also referring to SIN-BKK-SIN segments only, since everyone talks about this so much. I mean that LX is the way to go for this BKK-SIN-BKK.

Comment

For me, its the cheapest way of earning *A miles on that leg. A mere S$250 all in.
                I think C is a good deal on this route though the fare has gone up. At one time it was S$500 rtn inclusive of fuel fines. But S$603 today is still reasonable
                Last edited by 9V-JKL; 29 June 2007, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Right. and now if I want my HON, this LX should be a help right?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    Right. and now if I want my HON, this LX should be a help right?
                    Exactly and if you can stay on the HON Level for over ten years (and if you're over 60) you'll get the lifetime HON.

so all in all you have to reach 3000000 statusmiles in 10 years. Easy isn't it.

regards m
                    Last edited by hon2; 29 June 2007, 11:10 PM.
                    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      It get worse in Y.
                      The dessert cake was just on a piece of cake 'paper' sitting on the tray itself. On SQ, it at least sits in a bowl.
                      Flew LX Y to BKK couple of months back. Actually experience was not bad. Value for money. Only $128 return compared to SQ's $200 return. Meal comparable to SQ's (green curry chicken with rice and veg on outbound, fried rice on inbound), just lack of starter, cold roll and no choice. However, crew were very generous with drinks. Drinks were given by cans (330ml cans no less), wines distributed by individual bottles and even plain drinking water was given out by bottles. SQ would never do this!! Swiss chocolates distributed before landing.

Seat pitch in the A343 was quite good, about 34" pitch, comparable to SQ's B772ERs. IFE, less choices than SQ, but also AVOD plus much bigger screen and inflight camera! Can also earn full miles on the cheapo fares. Overall a pleasant flight experience for a short 2 hr flight.
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

LX Y meal SIN-BKK

LX J meal BKK-SIN

Comment

My TR from Feb:
                          LX F SIN-BKK

Sorry for the incomplete set of pics - completely forgot till it was too late. Too much champagne on an empty stomach while waiting in the SKL F and pre-take off...

LX C BKK-SIN

My main course in C looks a lot like Jubilee777's.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Economy Meal for SIN-BKK (April 2007)

SIN-BKK (April 2007)

Cabin

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              Meal comparable to SQ's (green curry chicken with rice and veg on outbound, fried rice on inbound)
                              I had the EXACT same meals as you in late Mar. I absolutely agree with you that these flights are value for money.

Comment

Working...
                              X