SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Logged into SQ's site to make some amendments to an upcoming booking earlier and was asked if I'd like to try out the Beta version of their new website.

I guess a thread for for experiences on their "newest" website is warranted

All worked fine for me so far. The design looks very similar to the old one.

Then again, I'm probably one of the lucky ones who didn't experience any problems with their old website
    Last edited by concept|infinit; 18 March 2015, 02:02 PM.

Had a look at http://beta.singaporeair.com. Flight booking seems a tad streamlined with the date calendar selection and all plus slightly different selection of revenue versus award booking. I didn't progress much further yet than the flight selection page, but already found a shortcoming that existed in the current site not fixed in the new one.

When you pull up flights the screen displays a max of 8 flights for a day in one direction. Nice and mostly fine, but CGK has 9 flights and KUL 10 IIRC. Hence one is never able to book the last flight of the day to CGK or from CGK online. Similar for KUL.

I mean I reported it via feedback multiple times over the years and nothing, so I guess I had too high expectations when I thought a new version would fix this simple, but annoying issue.

Will be interesting to see if they finally mange to enable mixed class online bookings. Got to try it out another day. Not holding my breath though. if it is merely look and feel and maybe faster / optimized loading then that would be a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by demue; 18 March 2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Looks distressingly like the current site.

Comment

I don't think they have fully updated the site. Most links seem to use back the old interface. I think they are taking it very slow this time.
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Clicked "Plan and Book" on the Beta site and I assume that I was redirected to the old website when this showed up!

Hey look, a sale!

Last edited by viraj735; 18 March 2015, 09:33 PM.
          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I love how there is a line that asks "Prefer our current website?", followed by a "Go back" button.

Comment

I tried their new website...logged into my KF account and clicked home. New beta website shows up...all is well.

Try this...click on the bottom right hand corner where New Krisflyer Lounge...and it brings you to a new page. Check whether your KF account is still under the same name. I got someone's KF account name on my website when i did that.

Comment

Originally posted by grignard View Post
                I tried their new website...logged into my KF account and clicked home. New beta website shows up...all is well.

Try this...click on the bottom right hand corner where New Krisflyer Lounge...and it brings you to a new page. Check whether your KF account is still under the same name. I got someone's KF account name on my website when i did that.
                Horrors!!! You're right. Same thing happened to me.

Comment

Let the fun begin

Comment

So far still showing my own account... hopefully they squashed that bug fast.

Comment

New website (2015)

So I was checking in for my flight today and there was an offer to try the beta version of the new website.

beta.singaporeair.com

More sections will be rolled out in phases so some are still presented in the current format.

Let's hope this one works much, much, much better than the current one when it was introduced.

What do you all think about the new design?

Comment

Am glad they're catering to the presbyopic group by making everything bigger on the frontpage. Every other page seems to be the same.

Comment

SIA eases transition from old to new website
                          PUBLISHED ON APR 20, 2015 12:42 AM
                          http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...bsite-20150420

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) has launched a new website, but is making the transition from old to new gradually to avoid the problems that ensued during the last overhaul four years ago.

The website had to be taken down for more than an hour then because of software bugs after it was rolled out on May 22, 2011. Months later, customers continued to face problems when booking flights or retrieving flight and travel information.

To avoid teething problems this time, SIA launched a beta website - still in the development stage - while continuing to offer customers the current version.

SIA has learnt well from the previous website redesign, said associate professor of marketing Seshan Ramaswami of the Singapore Management University.

"Even if the changes are supposedly for the better, there is a certain amount of inconvenience in having to relearn how to go through the site... So, it is a great idea to let consumers grow into the system slowly," he said.

While noting that SIA will have to switch completely to the new site at some point, having both for an interim period is a very customer-friendly idea, he said.

SIA spokesman Nicholas Ionides told The Straits Times that the website revamp, which started about two months ago, will be rolled out in phases this year and part of next year.

He said: "We have placed the customer at the centre of this redesign project, and the delivery of the new website in a beta environment allows for continual tweaks and enhancements to improve the user experience and design, based on feedback from our customers."

SIA said it is working with several vendors on the revamp, but declined to name them.

Most travellers who tried the new version said they like the less cluttered homepage, which also has a bigger font size. It is also user-friendly and easy to navigate, they said.

Mr Sim Kok Chwee, an aviation enthusiast and freelance writer who travels regularly on different carriers, said the website now has a lot of useful information, such as the seat layout for SIA aircraft, a world clock, a currency converter, weather information and immigration information for different cities.

"Under the plan-and-book function, there is also a travel guide for each destination with a list of hotels, restaurants, events happening and even suggested itineraries. This is very useful," the 54-year-old said.

"It is also stated clearly which flights are operated by SIA and which by partner or codeshare carriers. For many other airlines, this information is not available when making a booking."

However, marketing executive Jenny Lee, 26, was less impressed. She said: "The old and new look the same to me."

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                            However, marketing executive Jenny Lee, 26, was less impressed. She said: "The old and new look the same to me."

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              Looks distressingly like the current site.
                              that was my impression as well

Comment

Working...
                              X