No announcement yet.

Big changes coming to SKL / TPR / KF G at T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to AusBT, that's because the current KFG lounge space will be used to accommodate F/J passengers.

I presume one of the first things they do would be to connect it to the main lounge complex, so facilities won't be an issue.
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

So the business lounge is the first to be renovated

Starting July and finishing.....

Shame as I have many flights from Nov 19 to May 20 so will likely miss out on the new J lounge

Comment

Interestingly, I think only Elite Golds received the email from SQ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Just to update this with more details...

- Work scheduled to start before end of July
          What a lucky guess!

Comment

Still no windows?

Comment

I read rumours that the temporary KF Gold Lounge will be the newly opened Marhaba Lounge in T3. Is that the case? Or if SQ is going to renovate the space next to Marhaba Lounge which from Changi Airport map seem 'unoccupied'.

What is the plan for the ex-dnata lounge? I wonder if SQ would have 'buy over' the lounge and do minimal renovation to convert it to be the new KF Gold Lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                I read rumours that the temporary KF Gold Lounge will be the newly opened Marhaba Lounge in T3. Is that the case?
                Singapore Airlines confirmed to us today that the temporary KFG lounge in T3 from 31 Jul is the Marhaba Lounge.

Nicer showers than TPR, so enjoy!

Comment

The capacity doesn't add up...… dnata lounge could already be quite busy on Monday mornings (for example), let alone the KFG lounge that is crazy - the reason I would use dnata.

Dedicated spaces for each with shared facilities, unless there is flexibility some will be peeved to be in a crowded space when the other side is empty? Emirates will need to renovate the washrooms/showers again when KFG goes "home" after the amount of usage they will get in 2yrs.....see that with the uselessness of the HKG facilities always under maintenance.

With only SATS and DBS available on the "left" side of T3, not a lot of options for where to relocate.

Comment

I've mostly only been to the main Business and First Silverkris lounges in T3, only once to the Krisflyer Gold one so I can't comment on the latter.

But for the former, the Business lounge gets crazy crowded in the early mornings and late evenings. It looks classy, and has decent food and beverage but that's it.

Looking at what's been released of the planned revamp so far, I understand there will be a 30% increase in capacity but that is not going to cut it and surely they have plans to grow in capacity like any other business? Have the SQ execs been to the lounge at 11 PM on any day? You can barely get a seat. With a 30% increase in space, it's still going to be super crowded. You should have ample space in a flagship lounge of a premium airline and not have to squeeze for crying out loud.

And it looks like the highlight is the bar which is what just about every other airline lounge has already. Hell even the pay-per-use Plaza Premium lounge has one.

I'm not hopeful it's going to be anything special. Knowing SQ, their idea of "innovation" and "enhancement" is probably not going to extend much beyond 30% more seats and that bar, and definitely not anything that would increase the cost of maintaining the lounge, with like say a spa.

They can't even be bothered to come up with a decent arrangement for the nearly 2 years that their lounges would be out of commission, funneling all their Business and First passengers into that very basic lounge that's a quarter of the size of the main complex

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                      They can't even be bothered to come up with a decent arrangement for the nearly 2 years that their lounges would be out of commission, funneling all their Business and First passengers into that very basic lounge that's a quarter of the size of the main complex

Supposed to be only for "over flow" not a replacement.

SQ keep complaining they have to compete unfairly against Middle East airlines but it is the same with lounges that are, typically, huge. The old TK lounge in Istanbul was very large and also, at late nights and early mornings, packed, so there is a lot hanging on the new airport that I've not passed through yet.

Appreciate SQ "only" has to bide time till T5 is open but I hope they don't make same mistakes all over again.

Comment

Came through the Marhaba lounge a could of days ago for first time. Whilst it's nice, on its own, it's already just about half the size of the current KFG lounge so if SQ only get to take a slice, it's guaranteed to be a mile and half way too small.

Comment

Today, they had staff stationed by the escalators to direct passengers between the temporary Krisflyer Gold Lounge and the Silverkris Lounge. There are also signages where you can scan a QR code to get directions to the temporary Krisflyer Gold Lounge at the check-in counters at Row 7 and transfer desks.
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

New (Temp) Krisflyer Gold Lounge T3

Sitting in the new temporary lounge now for Krisflyer Gold. The lounge is shared with the Marhaba lounge as everyone has alluded to here already.

There are two entrances - one for 'Marhaba' lounge, and another for Krisflyer Gold. This is done probably just to separate the entry systems and easier to figure out who has access I suppose.

The lounge is truly shared. Inside the space is connected with a common F&B area in the middle so regardless which way you entered you end up in same space. Size wise probably 25-50% smaller than the original Krisflyer Gold Lounge so I'm expecting it will get a little cosy during peak times.

F&B wise I would say a good step up in this lounge. They have wider buffet spread, and even satay (a good fix for those based overseas while transiting Singapore)! There is a dedicated Tiger beer dispenser parked against the side wall by the Krisflyer Gold entrance side.

Wifi they advertised dedicated Krisflyer AP but nowhere to be found. If you ask the staff they'll hand you a little slip with the Marhaba Wifi connection details.

Comment

I popped in the temp Gold lounge at about 10pm yesterday and it was packed.

The food was decent and nicely topped up (unlike the Silverkris Lounge a few minutes earlier the same evening) and it had satay.

My verdict is that apart from the lack of space, it is quite decent.

Comment

Entrance to the Temporary Krisflyer Gold Lounge T3 which used to be a feature glass wall in the Marhaba Lounge. The reception staff is seated behind a small rostrum like stand.

General condition of the Temporary Krisflyer Gold Lounge T3 during a visit on Tuesday late morning at approximately 11am. Not too crowded with seatings still aplenty.

The now closed Old Krisflyer Gold Lounge T3

Comment

Working...
                                X