Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes coming to TPP, and...? (now announced along with new PPS rewards & benefits)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes coming to TPP, and...? (now announced along with new PPS rewards & benefits)

...is it 50K PPSV to qualify, or is that just renewal ?. Or, could it be something different ?. What about this new tier above TPP ?. What will that get you, is it the same thing, or something different ?. Or will they abandon the idea(s) altogether ?. And what about the other bits ?.

So many rumours, and suggestions, does anyone really know ?

You are very late to the rumor mill, MAN Flyer...

SQ wanted to launch this last year already but took much much much longer to decide...

Point 1: They get that the current TPP qualification/requalification doesn't make much sense. They will make it easier to reach TPP.

Point 2: They want to incentivize passengers who keep flying. I would expect some 'milestone' rewards when crossing certain mileage/PPS value marks during the membership year.

Point 3: I understand that SQ does not want to add another tier. Let's see whether they changed their mind :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      Point 1: They get that the current TPP qualification/requalification doesn't make much sense. They will make it easier to reach TPP.

Point 2: They want to incentivize passengers who keep flying. I would expect some 'milestone' rewards when crossing certain mileage/PPS value marks during the membership year.
      Perhaps a TPR card, similar to BA's Concorde room card?

Point 3: I understand that SQ does not want to add another tier. Let's see whether they changed their mind :-)
      I guess it might be rather difficult to offer additional benefits to another tier.. After all TPPS already get to use almost everything except TPR, hence my above point.

Comment

a bit off topic but there is a new programme for Small Business called the HighFlyer and its pretty good for small companies with limited travel budget as the current Corporate scheme is not appropriate / realistic for small firms with only a few flyers

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...-requirements/

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
          a bit off topic but there is a new programme for Small Business called the HighFlyer and its pretty good for small companies with limited travel budget as the current Corporate scheme is not appropriate / realistic for small firms with only a few flyers

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...-requirements/

Good tip, thanks......

Applied first and will see useful or not going forward. Certainly more helpful than this UOB thing they're trying. Anything, though, to help membership has to be applauded but our problem, from Singapore, is purely the cost of flights out on SQ itself, in comparison on those coming in or through.

Comment

Checked with SQ and they are not ready to release their new program yet. Will take some more time...

(And they are working on it for more than a year now).

Comment

You are very late to the rumor mill, MAN Flyer...
              (And they are working on it for more than a year now).
              Yes, and I posted the thread starter as soon as I put the phone down....

But at least it's clear what's important to you, which is pretty impressive for just a QPP.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 19 May 2017, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Changes have now been published.

Introducing the new PPS Rewards

From 1 June 2017, you'll be rewarded with the following milestone travel awards for each of the respective PPS Values you earn:

PPS Value earned
                during membership
                year (S$) PPS Reward
                30,000 Double KrisFlyer Miles Rewards
                Receive two vouchers, each of which allows you to earn twice the miles for a single flight segment.
                40,000 50,000 KrisFlyer Miles Redemption Discount
                Enjoy a 50,000 miles discount on your next award flight or one-cabin class redemption upgrade.
                60,000 Two Standby Upgrades
                Receive two standby upgrade vouchers, each of which allows you to apply for a one-cabin class upgrade at least 48 hours before your flight. Your upgrade will be confirmed at the airport check in, subject to seat availability.
                75,000 Advance Upgrade
                Receive one advance upgrade voucher, which allows you to apply for a one-cabin class upgrade at the point of booking. Your upgrade will be confirmed at the point of booking, subject to availability.
                100,000 Advance Upgrade
                Receive one advance upgrade voucher, which allows you to apply for a one-cabin class upgrade at the point of booking. Your upgrade will be confirmed at the point of booking, subject to availability.

Additional PPS Club tier benefits

In addition to the existing PPS Club privileges, principal Solitaire PPS Club members will also enjoy these additional benefits from 1 June 2017:

- Non-expiry of miles. Now, your KrisFlyer miles will not expire as long as you remain a PPS Club member.

- Priority redemption. You will be given priority to Saver Awards flight availability.

- Preferred seating. Enjoy complimentary Preferred Seats when you fly in Premium Economy Class or Economy Class on Singapore Airlines, and Economy Class on SilkAir.

- Priority immigration. Fast track your way through selected airports. Eligible members from participating countries under the APEC Business Travel Card scheme will also be able to be reimbursed for the cost of the card.

Changes to Solitaire PPS Club qualification and requalification criteria

From 1 June 2018, we will also be making adjustments to the qualification and renewal criteria for Solitaire PPS Club membership as shown below. However, you will not be affected by these changes, as you attained your Solitaire PPS Club membership status before 1 June 2018.

Solitaire PPS Club membership
                For Solitaire PPS Club members who attain Solitaire status before 1 June 2018
                (current membership structure) For Solitaire PPS Club members who attain Solitaire status on/after 1 June 2018
                (new membership structure)
                PPS Value required for qualification S$250,000
                over a maximum of 5 consecutive years S$50,000
                in 1 year
                PPS Value required for renewal S$25,000
                in 1 year S$50,000
                in 1 year
                Reserve Value validity period 6 years 3 years

As an existing Solitaire PPS Club member, you will only require S$25,000 in PPS Value to requalify to the Solitaire PPS Club. The current Solitaire PPS Club structure, including the current 6-year validity period of your PPS Reserve Value, will then continue to apply, as long as you continue to requalify.

These changes are part of our commitment to continually enhance our PPS Club programme to make it even more rewarding for our most valued members. Thank you for your continued support and we hope to welcome you onboard our flights soon.

Comment

Some good new benefits...

Priority redemption. You will be given priority to Saver Awards flight availability.
                  Finally...

Comment

For those keen the website details are here
                    http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...S_Club_Refresh

This is really good news, as some have previously noted TPPS is nearly impossible for most of us so once we reach $25k we move to another alliance for points but this now give us some reason to continue with SQ if we know that year we are going to fly more

Another item is the non expiry of KF Miles if you maintain PPS, well that seems pretty good and they get a new lease of 3 years when you can't maintain PPS.

All seems good

Comment

At first glance, I think it's a very positive change.

Comment

It's most painful for those who are halfway through the TPP qualification. Now they're only left with 1 year to scramble to make up the $250k, or forever have to spend $50k/year under the new structure.

For me all the changes are positive, except the TPP qualification. $50k per year isn't easy. Under the old scheme you'd have to "sacrifice" and "suffer" 5 years as a QPP to get TPP before enjoying the lower renewal rate. But under the new scheme, you'd have to spend $50k every year forever, but once you do, you get TPP immediately after the first year and therefore enjoy 4 additional years of TPP. Guess it depends on whether you're a short-term or long-term person.

Reserve value is useful though. If you're someone who hovers closer to $35k/year, you could yo-yo between TPP and QPP.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                          Reserve value is useful though. If you're someone who hovers closer to $35k/year, you could yo-yo between TPP and QPP.
                          Hmm upon further thought, it's not clear whether you can use QPP reserve value to count towards TPP qualification.

Comment

Actually not bad

Finally an "enhancement" worthy of the name!

Overall I like these changes and they've even been phased in with some thought, especially on the TPP qualification. I am one of those close to making TPP under the old system; I was $30k short at the end of my membership year, and one year of another $30k rolled off the calculation. I think I'll make it under the old rules but it's nice to be given the chance.

The advance upgrades are nice. The crucial question is whether they will be fishing in the award bucket pond or from revenue seats. Actually, same goes for the standby upgrades, which I am more ambivalent about. Nice to have, but I wouldn't use them for PEY, and I usually buy Y or J... perhaps nice for F?

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                              Hmm upon further thought, it's not clear whether you can use QPP reserve value to count towards TPP qualification.
                              I don't think you can. I recall reading this in a FAQ on the SQ website (see the link alian posted upthread, but I can't find it anymore.)
                              Last edited by WBT; 30 May 2017, 02:39 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

Working...
                              X