X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas A380 Config Revealed + New Logo + New Longhaul Premium Economy

ey guys logo already been spotted ere
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/spot...043003473.html

and cabin for a380 layout etc done tmrw alongside new longhaul premium economy seats

stay tuned and ill post what i find whenever tmrw asap

p.s whats ** views on the new logo guys?
    for better worse or so little change its still a bloody flying kangaroo?? lol

tokes
    Last edited by token01; 23 July 2007, 05:07 PM.

thanks for posting token- gotta say, i like the old logo more. the new logo almost looks like the "F" in the Ford logo http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Comment

I'm still deciding on the new kangaroo, personally the old livery was pretty timeless

Comment

it looks almost same!..not much of a change of logo is there?

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
          Unless you're radically re-branding, you wouldn't dramatically alter a logo in an industry where reputation and brand associations count a lot.

The old logo looks more elegant to my eyes, and the new one more dynamic (in fact, the new one looks like it was drawn by someone who had just gone clubbing ).

Personally I'm more interested in the new cabin that will be unveiled, particularly the Premium Economy and higher.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post

Yeah, but the biggest change in the the pocket of some image branding consultant. The logo, shall we say, is less droopy.

Kidding aside, I prefer the old logo but hey, at least Skippy's legs is not chopped off by the tail fin.

Comment

I like the new logo. After all it still retains the same look as the old one, but with a more modern feel.

Comment

I've found a release detailing the new A380 cabin. Haven't found pics yet.

Config: 14F/72J/32Y+ (upper deck!)/332Y

Y+ does sound like it's a separate class of service to Y altogether, with its own specially designed glassware, cutlery and crockery, premium wines, and Rockpool menus. Are you listening, BA? This cabin will also be introduced in the 744 from Feb 2008.

F looks very good. J seems to be only an enhancement of the current J cabin, promising an 'enhanced Skybed' which is described as 'fully flat.' No mention whether that means truly horizontally flat or the current Skyslopes we have, which are also 'fully flat' just not completely horizontal.

There will also be in-seat internet access for all classes.

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...007/jul07/3618

According to a QF insider on AFF, more details will be released at 12noon AEST, hopefully with pics.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 24 July 2007, 08:38 AM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

goood stuff keith - F seems good guest dining swivel chair and all of that, i dont mind the J class lounge and all that but if the seat aint 180 degrees then its not going to be that great - i luv though how QF gives pj's in raffles - premium economy upstairs as well ay so dos that leave all downstairs economy??

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
                    goood stuff keith - F seems good guest dining swivel chair and all of that, i dont mind the J class lounge and all that but if the seat aint 180 degrees then its not going to be that great - i luv though how QF gives pj's in raffles - premium economy upstairs as well ay so dos that leave all downstairs economy??
                    AFAIK J and Y+ upstairs, F and Y downstairs.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      There will also be in-seat internet access for all classes.
                      And power, which is nice... and standy up bars... which is nice..

Comment

Wonder how SQ's A380 is gonna counter this one? Can't wait to see the pics-the new F sounds like a pretty nice departure from the current QF first . QF first was good, but not exactly class-leading. A little OT- but kudos to SQflyergirl for helping me work out the kinks and activate my account!
                        Last edited by sqforever; 24 July 2007, 11:02 AM.
                        Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

PICTURES UP

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2...043079555.html

CHEK THEM OUT

Comment

more info regarding the qantas a380
                            http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/new-...043075260.html

Comment

keith that skybed enhanced looks quite flat to me

Comment

Working...
                              X